You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Chelsea line up
July 13 2024 4.46pm

Chelsea line up

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 4 << First< 1 2 3 4

 

View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 12 Jan 23 5.20pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

There will be no changes, there will be no sudden picking of youngsters. My bet is Olise gets dropped, Ayew takes his place. Personally I'd go with Mateta up front but it'll probably be Edouard. There aren't actually any options in any other positions.

Indeed. After 10 seasons of Parish wheeling and dealing, he's achieved a lazy first team who know there's no competition for places.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 12 Jan 23 6.05pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Guaita needs to be shown he is not undroppable so id make a change there.

Midfield is our obvious problem so I would go with four across the middle , Eze, Schlupp, Doucoure, Hughes.

Tell Zaha and Edouard to chop and change and move defenders around. Of course, going 4 in midfield requires the midfield to join in the attack so I would assume Hughes and Doucoure sit back giving Schlupp and Eze licence to get forward. You could play Ayew instead of Schlupp or Olise instead of Eze but both of them together is not currently working.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 12 Jan 23 6.10pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Guaita needs to be shown he is not undroppable so id make a change there.

Midfield is our obvious problem so I would go with four across the middle , Eze, Schlupp, Doucoure, Hughes.

Tell Zaha and Edouard to chop and change and move defenders around. Of course, going 4 in midfield requires the midfield to join in the attack so I would assume Hughes and Doucoure sit back giving Schlupp and Eze licence to get forward. You could play Ayew instead of Schlupp or Olise instead of Eze but both of them together is not currently working.

Is Johnstone fit? I haven't noticed him recently. Broken finger a while back. There isn't anyone else. I presume he should be back.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 13 Jan 23 7.40am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Is Johnstone fit? I haven't noticed him recently. Broken finger a while back. There isn't anyone else. I presume he should be back.

You would hope so otherwise why the hell did we let Butland go to Utd.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 13 Jan 23 9.10am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Assuming PV will recognize the need to go with a 4-2-3-1 then I suggest:

Johnstone
Clyne - Andersen - Guehi - Mitchell
Doucoure - Hughes
Ayew - Eze - Zaha
Edouard

I would use Olise as an impact sub and after Guaita's howlers last week it's time Johnstone is given a run.

Edited by doombear (13 Jan 2023 9.10am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 13 Jan 23 9.52am Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

Assuming PV will recognize the need to go with a 4-2-3-1 then I suggest:

Johnstone
Clyne - Andersen - Guehi - Mitchell
Doucoure - Hughes
Ayew - Eze - Zaha
Edouard

I would use Olise as an impact sub and after Guaita's howlers last week it's time Johnstone is given a run.

Edited by doombear (13 Jan 2023 9.10am)

Agree, except I'd go Ward over Clyne. I think they've both been awful recently, but at least Ward has the excuse of having been played in a less favoured position. He also offers us something we're desperately short of - a little bit of height at set pieces.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 13 Jan 23 11.38am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Please rest Ward, Schlupp and Ayew! If so, I am happy for whatever team PV puts out. With only two up front...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 13 Jan 23 11.46am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Please rest Ward, Schlupp and Ayew! If so, I am happy for whatever team PV puts out. With only two up front...

Many share your sentiments but my guess is they will all start.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Andy0629's Profile Andy0629 Flag Warlingham 13 Jan 23 5.57pm Send a Private Message to Andy0629 Add Andy0629 as a friend


Johnstone

Clyne Andersen Guehi Mitchelll

Luca

Doucoure Schlupp

Zaha Edouard Ayew

VG has been poor recently on crosses, and with the ball at his feet, need to occasionally clear our lines and his kicks just about make the half way line so teams can push right up on us so we get no chance to reset. Luca in front of back two allows fullbacks to push on. I would play Zaha on right to take on the young full back, Ayew works harder so will give Mitchell some protection

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bromleysteve01's Profile bromleysteve01 Flag Bromley 14 Jan 23 9.17am Send a Private Message to bromleysteve01 Add bromleysteve01 as a friend

This is to me the biggest issue. If everyone works hard and plays to their ability 90% pick this as best 11 - however that leaves us with zero on the bench to turn a match around and after we make subs performance falls of a cliff. We need 2 or 3 players considered first 11 starters to add competition and options

Guaita

Clyne Andersen Guehi Mitchell

Doucoure Hughes

Olise Eze Zaha

Edouard

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 4 << First< 1 2 3 4

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Chelsea line up