You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Brighton v Liverpool
April 1 2023 6.00am

Brighton v Liverpool

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 2 << First< 1 2

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 29 Jan 23 8.11pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

I only watched the second half and it certainly looked like the ref was well disposed towards Liverpool.

On a different tack, Brighton's winning goal was very well taken by Mitoma who looks a lively, energetic and skillful player. Perhaps our scouts should take a trip to Japan.

Brighton signed Mitoma from a Japanese club (I believe for £2.5 Mill) and loaned him to Union Saint-Gilloise for a season.
He has now scored 4 goals in his last 6 games for Brighton.

Edited by Willo (29 Jan 2023 8.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Flag Storrington 29 Jan 23 8.21pm Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

Liverpool could have had 3 reds. In my mind they played like thugs.

When the Mitoma goal went in justice was done.

Good game!

 


I have now sufficient funds to last me the rest of my life. Provided I don't buy anything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 29 Jan 23 8.22pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The VAR might have concluded that the Yellow was sufficient or that the decision was not a "Clear and obvious error".

In my humble opinion the tackle was robust but not "Atrocious" and the awarding of a yellow was the correct decision.
Respectfully, we will have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Willo (29 Jan 2023 6.44pm)

I'm sure that was the VAR conclusion, which is a damning indictment of those involved.

Call me crazy but a studs up tackle, from behind, nowhere near the ball which rakes down the opponents achilles is a red all day long. I'd class the Robertson one as robust and a yellow but never in a million years Fabinho's.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 29 Jan 23 8.40pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by samprior

I'm sure that was the VAR conclusion, which is a damning indictment of those involved.

Call me crazy but a studs up tackle, from behind, nowhere near the ball which rakes down the opponents achilles is a red all day long. I'd class the Robertson one as robust and a yellow but never in a million years Fabinho's.

To my mind Fabinho went to play the ball, he never lunged in from a distance, he was not out of control, contact made was not high.Of course he missed the ball and caught Ferguson's achilles this is not disputed but all-in-all I think a yellow was the correct decision.

I accept that my view is not met with uniform agreement however HOL would be exceedingly dull if we all agreed with one another all the time !

Edited by Willo (29 Jan 2023 8.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 29 Jan 23 9.27pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

Liverpool could have had 3 reds. In my mind they played like thugs.

When the Mitoma goal went in justice was done.

Good game!


It's frustrating (as a Palace fan) to have to admit that Brighton are playing well. Mitoma's goal was class - close control; quick thinking in a crowded penalty area and a sublime finish - totally bamboozled defender and Allison.

The clear Ref error was not to call a foul when the Brighton player was pushed over just outside the box in the denial of a clear scoring opportunity. The Liverpool player should have been sent off.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 29 Jan 23 10.14pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

I only watched the second half and it certainly looked like the ref was well disposed towards Liverpool.

On a different tack, Brighton's winning goal was very well taken by Mitoma who looks a lively, energetic and skillful player. Perhaps our scouts should take a trip to Japan.

or should have taken ...

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 30 Jan 23 5.12pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Presumably Liverpool will get a new manager just before they play us.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 31 Jan 23 10.38am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Brighton's winning goal was very well taken by Mitoma who looks a lively, energetic and skillful player.

Sorry to prolong this thread, but I was fascinated to read an article in the paper today about Mitoma's background.

When he was at university in Japan a few years ago, he studied the art of dribbling for his thesis. Can't imagine many of our lads doing that.

[Link]

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 31 Jan 23 11.58am Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

To my mind Fabinho went to play the ball, he never lunged in from a distance, he was not out of control, contact made was not high.Of course he missed the ball and caught Ferguson's achilles this is not disputed but all-in-all I think a yellow was the correct decision.

I accept that my view is not met with uniform agreement however HOL would be exceedingly dull if we all agreed with one another all the time !

Edited by Willo (29 Jan 2023 8.43pm)

[Link]

Better late than never I guess.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 31 Jan 23 1.07pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

This negates another date we can play our game at the Amex.
If they win the next round I believe there will be none or very few dates available before seasons end.
Brighton plod will be happy when itís announced on a Monday that the game is the next day!

I will let you know. My son is a Brighton based PC. Palace are his second team - for some reason he follows Blackburn Rovers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 01 Feb 23 9.42am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

I will let you know. My son is a Brighton based PC. Palace are his second team - for some reason he follows Blackburn Rovers.

Are you sure he's a PC Pete?

He sounds like an undercover MI6 agent with a backstory so complicated it would be impossible to establish his origins/real identity.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 2 << First< 1 2

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Brighton v Liverpool