You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs Liverpool - Match Thread
May 24 2024 1.43am

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 16 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View Mathers's Profile Mathers Flag 25 Feb 23 9.59pm Send a Private Message to Mathers Add Mathers as a friend

Yet another dull game. If Edouard and Eze had the opportunities that fell to Mateta and Schlupp in the 1st half then we may have nicked it. Worst case, they would have got a shot on target.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 25 Feb 23 10.02pm Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by Mathers

Yet another dull game. If Edouard and Eze had the opportunities that fell to Mateta and Schlupp in the 1st half then we may have nicked it. Worst case, they would have got a shot on target.

Worst case we would have lost ….. respect the point against Liverpool

 


“This is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, it’s a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This , is a large crisis” - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View lefty27's Profile lefty27 Flag ipswich 25 Feb 23 10.05pm Send a Private Message to lefty27 Add lefty27 as a friend

Decent tonight, we are a couple of forwards away from being a really good side. The new lad looked good in midfield, if we had Wilf and a half decent 9 we’d have won that game. I’d rather he chucked a youngster up top than persisted with mateta.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag 25 Feb 23 10.05pm Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

England player , for a big club. And the ref is a tw@t

You got that right

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A89M's Profile A89M Flag Streatham 25 Feb 23 10.06pm Send a Private Message to A89M Add A89M as a friend

Positives:

Lakonga and Doucoure look a good pairing. Lakonga looks very composed on the ball and defensively sound.
Olise is becoming the main creative spark in our team and it looks like he’s relishing it, once Wilfs back we have two top wingers.

Defensively sound against a very good attacking team. We’ve now played 7 of the top 10 most recently and only lost to Spurs and Chelsea.

Edited by A89M (25 Feb 2023 10.06pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 25 Feb 23 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Good performance. A bit more oomph and belief and we win that. Then again, you could say the same for them. Very good defensive showing. First non loss at home to them in eight.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 25 Feb 23 10.13pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Respect the point, especially against Liverpool who often thrash us.

Not conceding, getting a point a game may not be pretty but its effective in our position, and we are lacking bite up front.

Still a hard working and solid performance.

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 25 Feb 23 10.14pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by SwordFish

Some posts on here are hilarious , I saw the line up thought oh god if we get battered tonight we are going to be in turmoil as a fan base , but regardless what form Liverpool are in we just got a point against them and looked the better side !!!!! There is no negatives to take from tonight’s performance , it fills me with absolute optimism , I’m getting really angry with the viera haters now , maybe they weren’t there when we got battered 4-0 at home to scunthorpe about 12 years ago?

Our football hasn’t progressed since Roy who do you hold responsible for that?
Secondly if you do not think there were any negatives tonight what were the positives?

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 25 Feb 23 10.17pm Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

Originally posted by A89M

Positives:

Lakonga and Doucoure look a good pairing. Lakonga looks very composed on the ball and defensively sound.
Olise is becoming the main creative spark in our team and it looks like he’s relishing it, once Wilfs back we have two top wingers.

Defensively sound against a very good attacking team. We’ve now played 7 of the top 10 most recently and only lost to Spurs and Chelsea.

Edited by A89M (25 Feb 2023 10.06pm)

Agreed. If we had a decent number 9 we’d be top half. We’re defensively sound when Anderson and Guehi are playing, our full backs did pretty well too, and we have a really promising midfield. Unfortunately although Schlupp and Ayew work harder than anyone they’re never gonna score many goals. Mateta looks like a poor man’s Benteke.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 25 Feb 23 10.17pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by A89M

Positives:

Lakonga and Doucoure look a good pairing. Lakonga looks very composed on the ball and defensively sound.
Olise is becoming the main creative spark in our team and it looks like he’s relishing it, once Wilfs back we have two top wingers.

Defensively sound against a very good attacking team. We’ve now played 7 of the top 10 most recently and only lost to Spurs and Chelsea.

Edited by A89M (25 Feb 2023 10.06pm)

Agree with all of that.

I was very impressed with ASL. Looks a ‘proper’ footballer to me (not that my opinion holds much weight).

Would have taken the draw all day long before game.

Defence looked good, midfield looks much better but with Schlupp, Ayew and other culprits we still didn’t look too much like scoring.

I say this without any hate or anger, in fact I’ve long stood up for him, but mateta looked really bad tonight. I was almost embarrassed for him. Edouard needs to start there.

I think my final comment is that despite the lack of goals or clinical play, we looked much much bettter, for me anyway, than we have for a while.

It’s a good point and something to go to Villa with.

COYP

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 25 Feb 23 10.26pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Agree with all of that.

I was very impressed with ASL. Looks a ‘proper’ footballer to me (not that my opinion holds much weight).

Would have taken the draw all day long before game.

Defence looked good, midfield looks much better but with Schlupp, Ayew and other culprits we still didn’t look too much like scoring.

I say this without any hate or anger, in fact I’ve long stood up for him, but mateta looked really bad tonight. I was almost embarrassed for him. Edouard needs to start there.

I think my final comment is that despite the lack of goals or clinical play, we looked much much bettter, for me anyway, than we have for a while.

It’s a good point and something to go to Villa with.

COYP

It's just a shame that - as ever - he's another club's proper footballer.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 25 Feb 23 10.30pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by YT

It's just a shame that - as ever - he's another club's proper footballer.

Unfortunately that’s the caveat yes YT

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 16 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs Liverpool - Match Thread