You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Lakonga better than Gallagher
December 10 2023 5.30pm

Lakonga better than Gallagher

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 26 Feb 23 10.01am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PJEagle

He's doing a great job as a DM but the wonderful thing about Gallagher is that he's a box to box midfielder who also offers a goal threat.I don't think Lakonga is a box to box midefielder yet, but maybe he'll develop that in his game?

Or free up Doucoure to make more runs?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The groover's Profile The groover Flag Danbury 26 Feb 23 10.02am Send a Private Message to The groover Add The groover as a friend

Yesterday was his best performance thus far. Lets hope he continues to improve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mooro's Profile mooro Flag Within the Temples of Syrinx 26 Feb 23 10.09am Send a Private Message to mooro Add mooro as a friend


Edited by mooro (26 Feb 2023 10.10am)

 


There's no sun, the shadow of the wizard.......

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mooro's Profile mooro Flag Within the Temples of Syrinx 26 Feb 23 10.11am Send a Private Message to mooro Add mooro as a friend

Totally agree as he's only come to us for game time. If he shines for us then he'll go back to Arsenal a better player and one for their future ranks

Originally posted by rollercoaster

He's a loanee, Arsenal will want him back, end of.

He was 'only' 12.5 Million, we need to find our own Lakonga.

 


There's no sun, the shadow of the wizard.......

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 26 Feb 23 10.20am Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

So the team that canít score goals donít need an energetic goal scoring midfield player

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 26 Feb 23 11.49am Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

I find it a mite depressing that, as good as he is becoming, we are just doing Arsenal a favour by playing him to get game time before he departs, when what we should be doing is giving the guy we have actually bought more game time to look to the future.

This is short-termism in the extreme and looks like being a repeat of the Gallagher experience.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 26 Feb 23 11.55am Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by PJEagle

He's doing a great job as a DM but the wonderful thing about Gallagher is that he's a box to box midfielder who also offers a goal threat.I don't think Lakonga is a box to box midefielder yet, but maybe he'll develop that in his game?

Iím not so sure, I think he is or defo will be box to box he dropped his shoulder a few times and surged forward from our half ,
But as Teddy said , if he isnít box to box , then yes docoure will defo be allowed to bomb forward as even though heís my player of season so far , I still think there is loads more to his game to come and we are going to have something very special in Docoure

 


ďThis is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, itís a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying ďThis , is a large crisisĒ - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 26 Feb 23 12.19pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by SwordFish

Iím not so sure, I think he is or defo will be box to box he dropped his shoulder a few times and surged forward from our half ,
But as Teddy said , if he isnít box to box , then yes docoure will defo be allowed to bomb forward as even though heís my player of season so far , I still think there is loads more to his game to come and we are going to have something very special in Docoure

My opinion is you have to balance out the position they are being asked to play and their natural abilities/inclinations. Iíd suggest the former is dominant at the moment however both Doucoure and ASL look to be very good midfielders from my very bias position as they are both strong in many departments.

The difference with CG was energy and determination to get on the end of things/in the box. I think he played that Ďlate arriving/attacking midfielderí role well as a result of this however never considered him to be box to box nor an all singing and dancing player. I wouldnít play him as part of a midfield pairing put it that way. Heíd need the two behind him to do that he does/can not. CG quite similar to how Lampard was which is why a midfield pairing of him and Gerrard never worked imho. Gerrard was left to do a 1.5x midfield role where Lampard was more inclined to just get forward so neither did their job effectively in the end.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 26 Feb 23 12.30pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

His situation is shaping up to be just like Gallagher. Another London club loanee. Will continue to improve dramatically under Vieira. We will all want him but there is no deal in place. We will (or the press will) flaff about for months getting us all excited about him possibly joining us, but he will go back and play for Arsenal on and off.
Still, we are lucky to have Vieira with his contacts and reputation(proven) and his ability to get this type of player to sing.
We need 10 points now from 14 games. Looking solid and good for a club in our position.
Just don't expect Brighton style football until we start buying more players of our own who perform like Gallagher and Lokonga.
And that will only happen with investment from our shareholders.
Then watch Vieira take us all the way.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PJEagle's Profile PJEagle Flag London 26 Feb 23 12.42pm Send a Private Message to PJEagle Add PJEagle as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

His situation is shaping up to be just like Gallagher. Another London club loanee. Will continue to improve dramatically under Vieira. We will all want him but there is no deal in place. We will (or the press will) flaff about for months getting us all excited about him possibly joining us, but he will go back and play for Arsenal on and off.
Still, we are lucky to have Vieira with his contacts and reputation(proven) and his ability to get this type of player to sing.
We need 10 points now from 14 games. Looking solid and good for a club in our position.
Just don't expect Brighton style football until we start buying more players of our own who perform like Gallagher and Lokonga.
And that will only happen with investment from our shareholders.
Then watch Vieira take us all the way.

Who knows, there might be a bid for Lokonga or Gallagher in the summer, if Textor delivers....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 26 Feb 23 1.04pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Gribbo

Much more composed on the ball. Paired up well with Doucoure. Give up chasing Gallagher for £40m and sign up Lakonga in the summer. Top player.

If he starts to weigh in with a few goals like Gallagher, then I agree sign him up, Iím impressed so far.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Online Flag 26 Feb 23 1.23pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

The lad certainly had a good game last night and he partners well with Doucoure. I think he is a better footballer than Gallagher from the little we've seen of him so far, but he lacks Conor's cheeky chappie attitude and grin which helped make him likeable.

For sure, if Lakonga was available to buy, we should go for him and, remember, he came to us because of PV.

We need to forget about about Gallagher, and I say that as one of his biggest fans while he was here.

Agree - first time Iíve seen Lakonga live - very impressive last night.

Probably a bit too early to start making comparisons with Gallagher - but certainly looking very encouraging.

Isnít Ahamada supposed to be a bit more of an 8 - box to box player - so play him instead of Ayew with Doucoure and Lakonga - we may have something decent emerging..!!

Them 3 behind a fluid front 3 of Zaha, Eze and Olise - could work out very nice indeed..!!

Got to be worth trying/giving a go..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Lakonga better than Gallagher