You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Parish got to get it right..!!
June 8 2023 5.13am

Parish got to get it right..!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View radicalsteve's Profile radicalsteve Flag ottawa 19 Mar 23 9.50pm Send a Private Message to radicalsteve Add radicalsteve as a friend

"Thatís 13 games in all competitions and zero wins. Plus not a single win in 2023.

If you ever want a manual on how to shoot yourselves in the foot as a football club, drag yourself into a relegation battle, and then possibly get relegated when not many expect it, then Palace are writing just that right now.

This International break is going to be huge in who they appoint. Whether itís Roy Ďtaking two backwards stepsí Hodgson, someone from within or an unknown figure.

If this continues to go wrong, then Palace are heading down and it will all be their own doing."

from HITC - could'n have summed it up any better.

Not much sympathy going around for the club or Parish, who at the very least, might take some public culpability for this completely avoidable situation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 19 Mar 23 11.49pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

There will be loads after it. Football management has no downside. Get sacked and get your million a year contract paid up. Itís a win win

Where do I send my CV?

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 20 Mar 23 12.14am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by radicalsteve

"Thatís 13 games in all competitions and zero wins. Plus not a single win in 2023.

If you ever want a manual on how to shoot yourselves in the foot as a football club, drag yourself into a relegation battle, and then possibly get relegated when not many expect it, then Palace are writing just that right now.

This International break is going to be huge in who they appoint. Whether itís Roy Ďtaking two backwards stepsí Hodgson, someone from within or an unknown figure.

If this continues to go wrong, then Palace are heading down and it will all be their own doing."

from HITC - could'n have summed it up any better.

Not much sympathy going around for the club or Parish, who at the very least, might take some public culpability for this completely avoidable situation.

The club could have built on its success last year but wouldn't pay the asking price in January for the one player who might have tied it all together and help us move forward. Now the board is panicking as it realises our privileged status cannot be taken for granted. There's been too little and maybe it's too late. At least we havenít got long to wait - the season closes in 10 weeks.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 20 Mar 23 9.47am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

What fool would take this job? Someone desperate? Someone with a huge ego? No money to spend, same bunch of unfit, lazy players that McCarthy had for today's game. Working with incompetents Parish and Freedman. Guarantees that there will be money to spend next season should one pull off PL survival? What fool would take on this job?

Indeed,

Which is why you have to hope, that Parish has someone lined up. Cant be sacking a manager without a plan B. That would be suicide, wouldn't it?

Its easy to tell the press that it would be disrespectful to be interviewing behind Pats back. But that's not how life works, you make this decision because you already have a solution.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NE14T's Profile NE14T Flag 20 Mar 23 10.25am Send a Private Message to NE14T Add NE14T as a friend

Has anyone heard if Parish has any interviews set up?

He needs to appoint a big character who will take control of the dressing room and command respect. I keep coming back to the fighting attributes, intelligence and personality of Jesse Marsch.

 


The beatings will stop when morale improves.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 20 Mar 23 10.32am Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Indeed,

Which is why you have to hope, that Parish has someone lined up. Cant be sacking a manager without a plan B. That would be suicide, wouldn't it?

Its easy to tell the press that it would be disrespectful to be interviewing behind Pats back. But that's not how life works, you make this decision because you already have a solution.

One would hope you are right , but how many times have the club appeared to disregard logic though? Up to now they have stayed lucky,. This season maybe more than most, it was apparent the balance of the squad was not right, just to stand still let alone go forward. Many on here saw it for what it was, because it was so easy to notice, no disrespect to any on here but the fans shouldnít end up being right, in these things.
It might be to much to blame Parish, after all we only ever had the past ten years as a Premier club because of him, but he has always been on a tight rope, he now wobbles all over the place, letís hope his luck plugs in and he donít fall off.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 20 Mar 23 10.39am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

A while back one of the big sides had all their goalies out on loan or injured. They brought in another one causing all kinds of arguments and rules with the Premier League. I can't remember the full situation, I'm thinking either Chelsea or Utd. Think of them now, would they be putting the youth goalkeeper in goal, or would they have got an emergency loan or recalled and emergency registered Butland? It's an illustration of how less professional we are than other teams.
Frankly, don't think many would have let themselves get I to this situation. It's genuinely poor running of a team. It's like Sunday League. Goalie had a hangover just chuck someone in. Whitworth is ok but that's not the issue.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 20 Mar 23 10.41am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Henry of Peckham

The club could have built on its success last year but wouldn't pay the asking price in January for the one player who might have tied it all together and help us move forward. Now the board is panicking as it realises our privileged status cannot be taken for granted. There's been too little and maybe it's too late. At least we havenít got long to wait - the season closes in 10 weeks.

Gallagher wasnít for sale and also wanted to be at Chelsea, there was never an asking price, just a valuation put about by the media.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 20 Mar 23 10.54am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by NE14T

Has anyone heard if Parish has any interviews set up?

He needs to appoint a big character who will take control of the dressing room and command respect. I keep coming back to the fighting attributes, intelligence and personality of Jesse Marsch.

He's just rolling the dice and then flipping a coin. Dougie calls heads or tails.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 20 Mar 23 10.56am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

One would hope you are right , but how many times have the club appeared to disregard logic though? Up to now they have stayed lucky,. This season maybe more than most, it was apparent the balance of the squad was not right, just to stand still let alone go forward. Many on here saw it for what it was, because it was so easy to notice, no disrespect to any on here but the fans shouldnít end up being right, in these things.
It might be to much to blame Parish, after all we only ever had the past ten years as a Premier club because of him, but he has always been on a tight rope, he now wobbles all over the place, letís hope his luck plugs in and he donít fall off.

Yep. The conversations should have happened, but sadly, I doubt it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 20 Mar 23 11.05am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

It is reported that Mr Hodgson will be at Copers Cope this week and i believe the club will lose droves of supporters.I know of 7 season ticket holders who have no intention of taking their seats if he is appointed.


Edited by Willo (20 Mar 2023 11.07am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 20 Mar 23 11.13am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

It is reported that Mr Hodgson will be at Copers Cope this week and i believe the club will lose droves of supporters.I know of 7 season ticket holders who have no intention of taking their seats if he is appointed.


Edited by Willo (20 Mar 2023 11.07am)

You can add myself and 3 of my mates too. Iíll be back regardless of which division we are in once he has gone but Iím not subjecting myself to that style of football again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Parish got to get it right..!!