You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Where Palace stand in financial spend
December 10 2023 12.32am

Where Palace stand in financial spend

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

waddy Flag Highton,Melbourne 14 May 23 9.01pm

So this is the cost of Squads

Edited by waddy (14 May 2023 9.01pm)

IMG_6419.jpeg Attachment: IMG_6419.jpeg (330.34Kb)

 


Forever Palace Proud

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View viveasheagle's Profile viveasheagle Flag perth 15 May 23 3.14am Send a Private Message to viveasheagle Add viveasheagle as a friend

First thing that stands out is how badly Chelsea must be being run given they are the top spender.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 15 May 23 4.59am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Brighton bottom, but the money spent is very wisely spent. Their 2nd half vs Arsenal was just wow!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 15 May 23 6.28am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

That table screams for clubs to take a more data-based approach to player acquisition (but not a purely data based approach).

Happily, I think our squad is worth much more than it cost to assemble. Which is a relatively new development.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Oxford Don's Profile Oxford Don Flag North West of SP 15 May 23 8.07am Send a Private Message to Oxford Don Add Oxford Don as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Brighton bottom, but the money spent is very wisely spent. Their 2nd half vs Arsenal was just wow!

I think it's also the case that they have the second or third lowest wage bill in the PL yet they are hugely over performing.

Clearly we must learn from them (he said through gritted teeth). We have recruited well but it's their ability to keep identifying young talent with potential, develop it and then replace the matured potential that they then sell on that's putting them ahead of the game.

What should our first steps be in remodelling our club to get the most from our potential?

 


You can't change the way things are but you can change the way you are with the way things are.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 15 May 23 8.13am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Brighton bottom, but the money spent is very wisely spent. Their 2nd half vs Arsenal was just wow!

Unfortunately they weren't so great at home to Everton, giving them the lifeline that will probably keep them up.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 15 May 23 8.32am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

That table screams for clubs to take a more data-based approach to player acquisition (but not a purely data based approach).

Happily, I think our squad is worth much more than it cost to assemble. Which is a relatively new development.

Indeed, invest in data and a robust scouting network. Be brave and buy players young, with a plan for their development.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The groover's Profile The groover Flag Danbury 15 May 23 8.49am Send a Private Message to The groover Add The groover as a friend

I think the important thing for next season is to hold on to what we have.

Recent performances have shown that when the players are allowed to actually play we are a very good side.

If Wilf does move on for CL football we have Olise and Eze to be the skillful players. Ayew has shown that he can do it as well.

In the DM roles we have CD, schulpp and Hughes. Schulpp needs to become more consistent and stop standing still every now and again.

Then there is Ahamada who has not really been used, and Richards who looks really good.

We will have to wait and see if any of the youngsters step up and the players that we are targeting.

Lets be honest Guehi and Anderson came out of no-where and slotted straight in.

With a few additions we could be a very good side next term. But how often have we said that!!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 15 May 23 9.09am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

That table screams for clubs to take a more data-based approach to player acquisition (but not a purely data based approach).

Happily, I think our squad is worth much more than it cost to assemble. Which is a relatively new development.

Yes, it is a good feeling that we can sell one player (not that we should) and we are able to replace without everything collapsing.

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.
Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people. The key of joy is disobedience.
Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 15 May 23 10.11am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Indeed, invest in data and a robust scouting network. Be brave and buy players young, with a plan for their development.

I think was the idea behind the Academy!

Anyway, I donít think the figures are correct, we havenít spent £200m on the first team squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 15 May 23 11.02am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by The groover

I think the important thing for next season is to hold on to what we have.

Recent performances have shown that when the players are allowed to actually play we are a very good side.

If Wilf does move on for CL football we have Olise and Eze to be the skillful players. Ayew has shown that he can do it as well.

In the DM roles we have CD, schulpp and Hughes. Schulpp needs to become more consistent and stop standing still every now and again.

Then there is Ahamada who has not really been used, and Richards who looks really good.

We will have to wait and see if any of the youngsters step up and the players that we are targeting.

Lets be honest Guehi and Anderson came out of no-where and slotted straight in.

With a few additions we could be a very good side next term. But how often have we said that!!!!!

Did they?
Guehi was always a highly rated prospect - u17 WC winner, made championship team of the year etc. We had to pay £20m to get him, quite a high price for someone who hadn't kicked a ball in the Prem.
Andersen was a Danish international who Lyon had paid over £20m to acquire his services. The previous year he had a good season with Fulham, despite their relegation.

Palace knew we were getting 2 quality centre backs and paid good money for both.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 15 May 23 11.26am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

I think was the idea behind the Academy!

Anyway, I donít think the figures are correct, we havenít spent £200m on the first team squad.

It's £189.6m based on current FX rates but no sensible way to do the conversion based on each individual player's transfer.

Ebs 20
Olise 10
Guehi 20
Andersen 25
Doucoure 25
Mateta 12
Edouard 20
Jairo 5
MacArthur 10
Hughes 10
Zaha 18
Luka 10

I'm missing some. It looks in the right ballpark

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Where Palace stand in financial spend