You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Is Dougie about to do another runner?
May 21 2024 1.49pm

Is Dougie about to do another runner?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 13 Nov 23 4.05am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

I'm sure if it gets offered it then he will go. Too big an opportunity to miss.

I would not be bothered in seeing him go either. Last summer was a complete debacle with the exception of Lerma.

20m on an injury prone second choice keeper we didn't need
(I see Whitworth has been called up by England u20 Squad).
20m + on an untried Brazilian who came in injured
4m (poss) on very suspect centre back we didn't need.

Failure to address the centre forward issue again
Failure to address the right back issue again
Failure to address the left wing position after losing Zaha.

The media raves about us bringing in Guehi, Olise, Anderson but that was all in one window. Have a look at the other windows.

Sorloth, Erdal Rakip, Jaroslaw Jach for starters.

I still maintain there's a player in Sorloth....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Online Flag Croydon 13 Nov 23 6.33am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

I'm sure if it gets offered it then he will go. Too big an opportunity to miss.

I would not be bothered in seeing him go either. Last summer was a complete debacle with the exception of Lerma.

20m on an injury prone second choice keeper we didn't need
(I see Whitworth has been called up by England u20 Squad).
20m + on an untried Brazilian who came in injured
4m (poss) on very suspect centre back we didn't need.

Failure to address the centre forward issue again
Failure to address the right back issue again
Failure to address the left wing position after losing Zaha.

The media raves about us bringing in Guehi, Olise, Anderson but that was all in one window. Have a look at the other windows.

Sorloth, Erdal Rakip, Jaroslaw Jach for starters.

Guaita, Johnstone and Lerma all free transfers, its easy being selective.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 13 Nov 23 7.34am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Will he take Jaroslaw Jach, Erdal Rakip and Alexander Sorloth to United with him?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 13 Nov 23 8.44am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

There are reports this morning that Jim Ratcliffe has identified Freedman as the person he wants at Manchester United to shake up their recruitment policy.
I have no idea how true this is, and doubt Freedman would have the level of control and influence at United as he has at Palace.
However, if the story is true he may be tempted by the financial package on offer and I aIso think he still has a family house in the area.
I believe Parish leans heavily on Freedman on the football side of the administration of the club so it would clearly leave a void if he was to join United.

Jeez

I there is any thread of truth then fair play to him, though has hardly pulled up trees here

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 13 Nov 23 11.45am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

There are reports linking Man U to all kinds of scouts/technical directors etc. They have a guy, Murtough - getting the blame for Antony amongst others. They've just lost Bout to Newcastle. It looks like a bit of a shake up. There are bigger names than Dougie linked.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne 13 Nov 23 12.41pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Just been listening to Simon Jordan on talksport, they were talking about players who go above a managers head and go whinging to owners or chairman if theyre not happy about something. When asked if anyone did that when he was at palace, his reply was only Dougie Freedman, on a regular basis

Not really relevant, but just thought Id share it

Edited by monkey (13 Nov 2023 12.42pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 13 Nov 23 2.14pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

Just been listening to Simon Jordan on talksport, they were talking about players who go above a managers head and go whinging to owners or chairman if theyre not happy about something. When asked if anyone did that when he was at palace, his reply was only Dougie Freedman, on a regular basis

Not really relevant, but just thought Id share it

Edited by monkey (13 Nov 2023 12.42pm)

Annoyed by the whinging, Parish obviously said "Try running a football club yourself", Freedman called his bluff.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 13 Nov 23 9.06pm Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

Hed be crazy not to take the job if it was offered. Hes had his successes and failures but overall hes done ok under difficult circumstances. He has to find players who a) are a good fit for Roys rigid system b) are experienced enough for Roy to trust them to be able to do what he asks of them c) are cheap enough for SP to sanction buying them and d) young enough to have potential to sell on at a profit if they do well. I do wonder how he gets on with Roy. Id love to be a fly on the wall when theyre discussing some of the recent signings!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 13 Nov 23 10.14pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by crvenaeagle

Will he take Jaroslaw Jach, Erdal Rakip and Alexander Sorloth to United with him?

Probably not. But he might take Guehi, Doucoure, Eze and Olise.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 13 Nov 23 10.45pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Probably not. But he might take Guehi, Doucoure, Eze and Olise.



Believe or not Sprites, I actually drafted a response to the same post saying:

"Probably not. He'll take Guehi, Eze and Olise, though" but in the end didn't post it - but, of course, I have now!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 14 Nov 23 3.41am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

I feel dougie is great at unearthing gems from lower leagues that come good in the championship and lower ends of the prem... but scouting for united and top 6 Is different gravy..

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 14 Nov 23 7.11am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Dougie has done well in my view. We're one of the lowest net spenders in the PL over the last five years [Link] and yet we have three current England internationals, another centre-back who is coveted by CL clubs, the enigma that is Olise and in Doucoure and Lerma a very solid centre-midfield pairing all for little more than the price of Antony. That might have caught people at United's attention!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Is Dougie about to do another runner?