You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Andersen v Palace Fans
March 3 2024 4.53am

Andersen v Palace Fans

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 04 Feb 24 9.49am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

[Link]

It was a terrible performance and Joa was probably at fault for at least two of the goals. It was decent that the players still clapped the fans, but they should have blotted out the complaints and abuse and gone back down the tunnel. Confronting clearly angered fans was a stupid thing to do and it's the second time he's done that now.

The fans to my mind went overboard, but they did pay to travel and watch another sh!t show so I don't think it's that unfair of them to complain, but if it gets too hostile that's going to further hurt team morale which is already rapidly draining away.

Given his ability to win over fans with previous clubs maybe the time is to try and convince Cooper to takeover from Roy who to my mind is fuelling some of this fan anger far more than the players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 04 Feb 24 9.56am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

[Link]

It was a terrible performance and Joa was probably at fault for at least two of the goals. It was decent that the players still clapped the fans, but they should have blotted out the complaints and abuse and gone back down the tunnel. Confronting clearly angered fans was a stupid thing to do and it's the second time he's done that now.

The fans to my mind went overboard, but they did pay to travel and watch another sh!t show so I don't think it's that unfair of them to complain, but if it gets too hostile that's going to further hurt team morale which is already rapidly draining away.

Given his ability to win over fans with previous clubs maybe the time is to try and convince Cooper to takeover from Roy who to my mind is fuelling some of this fan anger far more than the players.

Maybe that is what is needed, the players are not happy, the fans are not happy, Roy is past it, and Parish Fiddles while Rome burns, a Wilf style player delegation may need to address Parish

 


You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people. The key of joy is disobedience.

Aleister Crowley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View joe_cpfc's Profile joe_cpfc Flag Basingstoke 04 Feb 24 10.12am Send a Private Message to joe_cpfc Add joe_cpfc as a friend

Mainly looked like the kids giving it the bigun, probably had too much haribo. I got no problem with booing and chanting when it's needed but acting like you are going to fight your own players is embarrassing. Brain dead idiots.
There is so much unrest with everyone at the moment and most of it is down to management, they need to get rid now before things escalate even further. I really don't understand what Parish is waiting for, the players are clearly bored and had enough and the fans certainly can't take anymore.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DenTyler's Profile DenTyler Flag Sidcup 04 Feb 24 10.23am Send a Private Message to DenTyler Add DenTyler as a friend

This bunch of muppets will be the main reason JA will not be here next season.
The players have to take Some of the blame but if they are devoid of set up and tactics what can they do. Lets hope JA is a pro and does his job for the remainder of this turgid season despite 2 games away games on the trot getting s*** from the fans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 04 Feb 24 10.27am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

As far as the confrontation goes Id say fair enough to Andersen for standing his ground to whatever was being directed at him .
Ive questioned his abilities as a centre back many times but letting him have it after a bad defeat wont make the next match any better .
A certain section of fans are creating a toxic atmosphere that will do more harm than good . Players heads will start to drop without support and the very thing they are protesting against ,the fear of relegation ,will be more likely than if they supported the team through these dark times .

 


And we still need a striker

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 04 Feb 24 10.33am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by joe_cpfc

Mainly looked like the kids giving it the bigun, probably had too much haribo. I got no problem with booing and chanting when it's needed but acting like you are going to fight your own players is embarrassing. Brain dead idiots.
There is so much unrest with everyone at the moment and most of it is down to management, they need to get rid now before things escalate even further. I really don't understand what Parish is waiting for, the players are clearly bored and had enough and the fans certainly can't take anymore.

OMG, this. Saw some clips & they all looked 14. Fair play to JA, stood his ground & why should he have to put up with that abuse? I hate to think what NSC is up to now.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CpfcWeTrust1's Profile CpfcWeTrust1 Flag 04 Feb 24 10.36am Send a Private Message to CpfcWeTrust1 Add CpfcWeTrust1 as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

As far as the confrontation goes Id say fair enough to Andersen for standing his ground to whatever was being directed at him .
Ive questioned his abilities as a centre back many times but letting him have it after a bad defeat wont make the next match any better .
A certain section of fans are creating a toxic atmosphere that will do more harm than good . Players heads will start to drop without support and the very thing they are protesting against ,the fear of relegation ,will be more likely than if they supported the team through these dark times .


Totally agree.

If anything JA coming over shows he's one of the ones who fights for the club in my opinion. He's made mistakes but I don't think I've seen him network hard in a game. If he leaves, it'll be sad to see.

All these banners aren't helping steer us away from relegation. Everton dodged relegation last season because the whole crowd was9n the teams side to help them, it should start being a bit obvious that's what's needed. The rest of the team aren't at fault for injuries nor the tactics.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 24 10.57am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by DenTyler

This bunch of muppets will be the main reason JA will not be here next season.
The players have to take Some of the blame but if they are devoid of set up and tactics what can they do. Lets hope JA is a pro and does his job for the remainder of this turgid season despite 2 games away games on the trot getting s*** from the fans.

I readily admit that I have been critical of Andersen in the past and in my humble opinion he never came out of the game yesterday with any credit yesterday.

Certainly not too fleet of foot, can get 'Bullied' physically, not mobile on the turn and a central defender who can be found wanting in the air.

I accept that when he is given the time and unchallenged he can spray delightful passes out to the flanks and I recognise that these strengths have been useful to the team.

Edited by Willo (04 Feb 2024 11.06am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 04 Feb 24 11.02am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

I don't know how accurate, but I was told he went over to the fans to apologise and say that the performance wasn't good enough.

Not his finest hour yesterday, but given that Brighton were doing what they wanted in midfield he was under a lot of pressure for most of the game.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 04 Feb 24 11.27am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

That behaviour from fans certainly wouldn’t persuade me to “ play for the shirt” especially as they were trying to apologise. Thank the lord Roy didn’t go over!
Within the space of half a season the club have lost the spirit we thrived on, lost the fans and lost the ability to play watchable footballl. I honestly now believe we will be relegated, I look forward to St Steve’s end of season speech.
By Roy not having gone, imo this shows Parish has nowhere to turn and his luck has finally run out. His social media is, apparently, deathly quiet

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 24 11.35am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

That behaviour from fans certainly wouldn’t persuade me to “ play for the shirt” especially as they were trying to apologise. Thank the lord Roy didn’t go over!
Within the space of half a season the club have lost the spirit we thrived on, lost the fans and lost the ability to play watchable footballl. I honestly now believe we will be relegated, I look forward to St Steve’s end of season speech.
By Roy not having gone, imo this shows Parish has nowhere to turn and his luck has finally run out. His social media is, apparently, deathly quiet

I shall refrain from apportioning culpability in the direction of the Board or Mr Hodgson, however I totally understand your sentiments.
I am reminded of the words 'Stale', 'Moribund', 'Stagnating' etc etc.

In terms of 'Relegation, I believe that we might just survive but much will depend on whether Eze and Olise have an extended run together in the team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 04 Feb 24 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

As far as the confrontation goes Id say fair enough to Andersen for standing his ground to whatever was being directed at him .
Ive questioned his abilities as a centre back many times but letting him have it after a bad defeat wont make the next match any better .
A certain section of fans are creating a toxic atmosphere that will do more harm than good . Players heads will start to drop without support and the very thing they are protesting against ,the fear of relegation ,will be more likely than if they supported the team through these dark times .

I agree with this. I thought when we got the Premier League it would encourage more young fans to support us rather than Chelsea etc. but seeing the video footage yesterday made me question whether that is such a good thing.

I wonder how many outsiders / prospective managers are looking at us as toxic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Andersen v Palace Fans