You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Free Managers List
February 22 2024 3.12pm

Free Managers List

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 24 10.48pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

It's usually only teams in a relegation battle that look to appoint a new manager mid season. Not many go into a job where they're in with a chance of winning the league.

When clubs make a change of manager it is usually due to adverse results and not many managers enter the role when a club is well placed. Individual managers of course make their own decisions as to whether they accept the role based on a plethora of factors.

In our case, there are only 15 PL games left, the 'Transfer Window' has closed, the injury problems of Eze and Olise have been well documented and without them the team are distinctly ordinary and in some cases abject.
I would suggest that some managers, who could well be attractive to other clubs, might not be enthused by taking up the cudgel at this juncture and potentially having a 'Relegation' on their CV.
They are content to wait for other offers in the knowledge that clubs will come calling.

Finally, the long list of managers in the opening post did not contain 'Alan Pardew'.

Edited by Willo (04 Feb 2024 10.58pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radicalsteve's Profile radicalsteve Flag ottawa 04 Feb 24 11.35pm Send a Private Message to radicalsteve Add radicalsteve as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

When clubs make a change of manager it is usually due to adverse results and not many managers enter the role when a club is well placed. Individual managers of course make their own decisions as to whether they accept the role based on a plethora of factors.

In our case, there are only 15 PL games left, the 'Transfer Window' has closed, the injury problems of Eze and Olise have been well documented and without them the team are distinctly ordinary and in some cases abject.
I would suggest that some managers, who could well be attractive to other clubs, might not be enthused by taking up the cudgel at this juncture and potentially having a 'Relegation' on their CV.
They are content to wait for other offers in the knowledge that clubs will come calling.

Finally, the long list of managers in the opening post did not contain 'Alan Pardew'.

Edited by Willo (04 Feb 2024 10.58pm)

Your erudite summation Willo is "The Parish dilemma" - a conundrum of risk quantification that probably requires some game theory machine learning to calculate probabilities of action versus inaction. I almost bust a gut when I saw that Warnock was heading to Aberdeen to save their skins. The decision to appoint Roy in the summer has created the Parish Dilemma, which might just become a case study in how your options become very limited after making a bad decision in the first place.

Usually though, in game theory, the longer you wait, the shorter the odds you will make the right decision, because you reduce optionality. Just think, if Parish had moved on Roy during the International break. Anyways, I suspect our odds are more out of our hands and final outcomes determined by other the clubs below us, which might just encourage Parish to roll the dice and stick with Roy, probably because no-one wanted it during the summer for all the systemic reasons laid bare here on this board.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 24 11.46pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by radicalsteve

Your erudite summation Willo is "The Parish dilemma" - a conundrum of risk quantification that probably requires some game theory machine learning to calculate probabilities of action versus inaction. I almost bust a gut when I saw that Warnock was heading to Aberdeen to save their skins. The decision to appoint Roy in the summer has created the Parish Dilemma, which might just become a case study in how your options become very limited after making a bad decision in the first place.

Usually though, in game theory, the longer you wait, the shorter the odds you will make the right decision, because you reduce optionality. Just think, if Parish had moved on Roy during the International break. Anyways, I suspect our odds are more out of our hands and final outcomes determined by other the clubs below us, which might just encourage Parish to roll the dice and stick with Roy, probably because no-one wanted it during the summer for all the systemic reasons laid bare here on this board.

Thank you very much, however I do not consider myself a gentleman of erudition.
On HOL I suspect there are those who opine that I am a scrivening dullard and I bow down to all those who grace this site with their insight and wisdom.

Returning to the subject matter, there appears to be a growing clamour for a new manager from our supporters,however whether any new incumbent will be able to bring about an improvement if the injury woes of Eze and Olise continue, is of course open to debate.

Edited by Willo (04 Feb 2024 11.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag Living The Dream 05 Feb 24 8.50am Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

When clubs make a change of manager it is usually due to adverse results and not many managers enter the role when a club is well placed. Individual managers of course make their own decisions as to whether they accept the role based on a plethora of factors.

In our case, there are only 15 PL games left, the 'Transfer Window' has closed, the injury problems of Eze and Olise have been well documented and without them the team are distinctly ordinary and in some cases abject.
I would suggest that some managers, who could well be attractive to other clubs, might not be enthused by taking up the cudgel at this juncture and potentially having a 'Relegation' on their CV.
They are content to wait for other offers in the knowledge that clubs will come calling.

Finally, the long list of managers in the opening post did not contain 'Alan Pardew'.

Edited by Willo (04 Feb 2024 10.58pm)

Then it makes you wonder how the likes of Nottingham Forest attracted Nuno Espirito Santo with them worse off in the league than us, unable to purchase players due to FFP, and the impending points deduction that will more than likely relegate them.

Almost all of the managers on the OP's list are all out of work due to their failure at their previous clubs, and would more than likely jump at a chance to become a 'hero' and turn around a club that's on a downward spiral.

Personally I think we should go all out for Potter before he gets snapped up elsewhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 05 Feb 24 8.52am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

The special one.

Just imagine it...

Thats not hard (imagining it ) Its the same football as Roy plays with better players

 


And we still need a striker

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 05 Feb 24 9.09am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

Then it makes you wonder how the likes of Nottingham Forest attracted Nuno Espirito Santo with them worse off in the league than us, unable to purchase players due to FFP, and the impending points deduction that will more than likely relegate them.

Almost all of the managers on the OP's list are all out of work due to their failure at their previous clubs, and would more than likely jump at a chance to become a 'hero' and turn around a club that's on a downward spiral.

Personally I think we should go all out for Potter before he gets snapped up elsewhere.

Nottm Forest have a large squad having made a plethora of signings this season and last, and perhaps Espirito Santo was impressed by the depth of the players that would be available to him.
Furthermore he was appointed after 17 PL games, accordingly there were 21 games still left to play.Nottm Forest were 17th after 17 games only 2 pts behind us who were in 16th position.

Apropos the points deduction, my thinking is that it was announced after he was appointed manager but of course if this is correct he might have known about the possibility beforehand.

Edited by Willo (05 Feb 2024 9.13am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 05 Feb 24 9.10am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


In the odds for the prospective new Liverpool managers Frank Lampard is listed at 150/1 - the same as Sir Roy. In Roy's case the price is a bit short.
Let's hope Steve doesn't make an association between the two.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 05 Feb 24 9.35am Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo


Thank you very much, however I do not consider myself a gentleman of erudition.
On HOL I suspect there are those who opine that I am a scrivening dullard and I bow down to all those who grace this site with their insight and wisdom.


Edited by Willo (04 Feb 2024 11.54pm)

Fibber!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 05 Feb 24 9.47am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Lots of reports coming out that Parish is struggling to find someone willing To take over...

[Link]

find that hard to believe that no-one is willing to take over..
Either he's hesitant to bite the bullet and do it or he's not talking to the right people in what I can only conclude is some belief that there is no better candidate.


 


"It was a Team effort, I guess it took all players working together to lose this one"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 05 Feb 24 9.51am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

Fibber!

No inverting of the truth whatsoever.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 05 Feb 24 10.50am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo


Thank you very much, however I do not consider myself a gentleman of erudition.

It's good that you and I agree on something

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Norbury Old Git's Profile Norbury Old Git Flag London 05 Feb 24 11.03am Send a Private Message to Norbury Old Git Add Norbury Old Git as a friend

My suggestion would be to appoint Paddy as interim manager for the rest of the season. Assisting him Darren Moore who had some success with Sheffield Wednesday, Doncaster Rovers and WBA in the EPL. This would give Moore the opportunity to get his name back in lights for another stint as a manager probably in the Championship. His Jamaican heritage and experience coaching younger players would certainly help with the palace squad.
Finally, as mentor to Paddy, Sam Allardyce. Sam does not want nor need the stresses of being a Premier League manager again. However his experience with this situation, his grasp of technology and contacts in the game would certainly be useful for the management tea watching from the stands.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Free Managers List