You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Positivity
April 13 2024 1.24am

Positivity

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 09 Feb 24 4.09am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Has all the makings of a good T Shirt Slogan

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

If the fans get behind the team and the club, both on match days and online, we will stay up.

It is that simple. Even with a depleted squad.

Then we will have a frankly incredible squad.

If we bitch and moan, we may go down.

Ergo, be positive. And if you are positive anyway, stand up and be counted.

An autopsy can happen in the summer. If Parish sacks Hodgson that's his business. But people need to be less Charlton 2007.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cp forever's Profile cp forever Flag south london 09 Feb 24 11.16am Send a Private Message to cp forever Add cp forever as a friend

Quite a relief to read the posts here, there are what seems orchestrated negativity on most formats. What could have been a happy season has been more than dogged by injury for our key players which is now extended again so our support for those fit enough play is needed more than ever. It seems a lot of so called supporters have forgotten the ups and downs of supporting Palace or indeed any club other than the teams currently in the top spots. These are tough times and we need to be tough inour support.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fanofzhiyi's Profile Fanofzhiyi Flag Kent 09 Feb 24 11.29am Send a Private Message to Fanofzhiyi Add Fanofzhiyi as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

If the fans get behind the team and the club, both on match days and online, we will stay up.

It is that simple. Even with a depleted squad.

Then we will have a frankly incredible squad.

If we bitch and moan, we may go down.

Ergo, be positive. And if you are positive anyway, stand up and be counted.

An autopsy can happen in the summer. If Parish sacks Hodgson that's his business. But people need to be less Charlton 2007.

Good post. I think it’s 100% clear now this is the last season with Roy as manager. So we have the summer to look forward to. If we can scrape results and stay up it can be a very exciting summer as we would then pick the right manager for a longer term plan.

Chelsea is a freebie, no big expectations on the result, but If we battle Chelsea on the pitch and with a supportive atmosphere this could be a turning point. Eze and guehi Should be back in March so now it’s backs against the walls time to get as many points as possible before they boost the squad with their return

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 09 Feb 24 11.42am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Some absolute bollox being spouted. We're not Charlton - we're not asking for Europe. We're asking for our players to not be misused, proper tactics and substitutions and a clear pathway for youngsters. Nobody's asking for Roy to be sacked so we can play like Brazil. People have had enough of very poor results and very poor displays. Doing the footballing basics right would be a start for our side - not playing Bayern in the Champions League. Ultimately, management choices have been poor all season, even worse than when every single fan had had enough of Roy before.

And for a bit of balance, fans not being happy or being happy is part and parcel of football. Are people suggesting our players go away crying for their 50k a week? What are they f***ing babies? We have every right to expect a basic level of competence that has been shown all too rarely this season.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gloryhunter's Profile gloryhunter Flag EDINBURGH 09 Feb 24 11.50am Send a Private Message to gloryhunter Add gloryhunter as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Some absolute bollox being spouted. We're not Charlton - we're not asking for Europe. We're asking for our players to not be misused, proper tactics and substitutions and a clear pathway for youngsters. Nobody's asking for Roy to be sacked so we can play like Brazil. People have had enough of very poor results and very poor displays. Doing the footballing basics right would be a start for our side - not playing Bayern in the Champions League. Ultimately, management choices have been poor all season, even worse than when every single fan had had enough of Roy before.

And for a bit of balance, fans not being happy or being happy is part and parcel of football. Are people suggesting our players go away crying for their 50k a week? What are they f***ing babies? We have every right to expect a basic level of competence that has been shown all too rarely this season.

Spot on. Organisation and application. Even the so called smaller clubs get most of the basics right, most of the time. We only click occasionally and get a surprise.

 


gloryhunter (eagle in exile)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MabbsWasKing's Profile MabbsWasKing Flag 09 Feb 24 12.06pm Send a Private Message to MabbsWasKing Add MabbsWasKing as a friend

I don’t think anyone in this post is disagreeing with you. I think what is being said is keep up the toxicity and we will go down. I wouldn’t argue with that either. They may be being paid £50k per week but these are young guys in their early 20’s and they can get their £50k elsewhere.
I will be supporting Palace on Monday!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscalleagle2's Profile Brinscalleagle2 Flag Brinscall 09 Feb 24 12.07pm Send a Private Message to Brinscalleagle2 Add Brinscalleagle2 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I appreciate your sentiments however when one has only witnessed 2 home PL wins all season, have only won 1 of our last 12 PL games and been subjected to dross on the field of play, it is totally understandable that supporters have become disenchanted and disillusioned and vent their spleens when events on the field of play are not going in our favour.

I for one, a supporter since the 60s in all climes,has decided not to attend the Chelsea game, accordingly my posterior will make contact with my settee in my abode rather than my seat at Selhurst Park.

I too have supported since the late 50’s and have witnessed a variety of standards of football from our team. Your decision not to attend is perfectly acceptable and much more helpful to the team on the pitch than going to the match and shouting non stop criticism. Not saying you would do that anyway but it is support and encouragement the team needs now from the attending crowd.COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 09 Feb 24 12.34pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent 09 Feb 24 12.41pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

It’s all about the team and how we’re set up, if we’re on the front foot from the start and we at least have a go and look like scoring, even if it ends in defeat, they’ll be a decent atmosphere.
If we sit back and watch them passing it around and have no efforts at goal ourselves, as soon as we go behind it could get toxic, especially if we carry on sitting back after going a goal behind

 


Made in Bromley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 09 Feb 24 12.51pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

It’s all about the team and how we’re set up, if we’re on the front foot from the start and we at least have a go and look like scoring, even if it ends in defeat, they’ll be a decent atmosphere.
If we sit back and watch them passing it around and have no efforts at goal ourselves, as soon as we go behind it could get toxic, especially if we carry on sitting back after going a goal behind

Good observation - for teams to get great support they need to show desire. Palace have always been identified with punching above their weight, plucky underdogs etc. The team needs to show that spirit. It can't be up to the fans to provide it. All we can do is shout until we're hoarse.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 09 Feb 24 1.02pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Good observation - for teams to get great support they need to show desire. Palace have always been identified with punching above their weight, plucky underdogs etc. The team needs to show that spirit. It can't be up to the fans to provide it. All we can do is shout until we're hoarse.

This entirely and good post previously ASCPFC.

The whole 'Charlton' thing is the equivalent of never leaving the house because you're afraid you might get hit by a bus.

A team that has some coordination, looks to be unified in spirit amongst themselves and with the fans, has a go at the opposition and shows some desire beyond trying (and failing) to eek out a 0-0 every week will always receive greater plaudits than the one that sacrifices all intent, character and ambition for the aforementioned result.

I don't expect us to be Pep's Barcelona, I expect us to be loud, be proud and be Palace!

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 09 Feb 24 1.23pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Bit of a naive thread. Show spirit and resolve on the pitch and no one will complain. Put in performances like they have for a large part of the season and expect to be criticised.

We all want Palace to win and be successful but thinking that online criticism is affecting performance makes the assumption that professional footballers are largely influenced by social media. If they are then they shouldn’t be playing professionally because the nature of the game means there will always be rough with smooth.

Support in the ground is a bit different. That’s where fans can have a real influence, but don’t expect them to cheer if we are putting in shocking performances. Support needs to be spontaneous as much as anything else.

Edited by Eaglecoops (09 Feb 2024 1.24pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Positivity