You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace players for the Euros
June 24 2024 4.58pm

Palace players for the Euros

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 24 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View cpfc001's Profile cpfc001 Online Flag 21 May 24 7.08pm Send a Private Message to cpfc001 Add cpfc001 as a friend

Well done palace boys

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 21 May 24 7.09pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

A decent article on our four chosen players albeit focusing on Wharton

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne 21 May 24 7.12pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Which is why he left Rashford, Sterling and Hendo out of his squad and included the likes of Wharton, Quansah, Branthwaite etc.

LB is a problem position but quite frankly, Mitchell isn't the answer - he got roasted in the friendly against Switzerland and lacks confidence in PL games so what would he be like in a meaningful tournament?

A few months ago I would’ve agreed with you, but since switching to wing back he’s been excellent, so if Southgate played 3 at the back, I’d say Mitchell at wing back would most definitely be the answer on current form

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 21 May 24 8.22pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

A few months ago I would’ve agreed with you, but since switching to wing back he’s been excellent, so if Southgate played 3 at the back, I’d say Mitchell at wing back would most definitely be the answer on current form

Which might suggest he proposes to play a back 4.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DenTyler's Profile DenTyler Flag Sidcup 21 May 24 9.26pm Send a Private Message to DenTyler Add DenTyler as a friend

It occurred to me today, has a team who’s main goal keeper was destined for the squad/tournament only to be kept out by injury to then have his understudy be picked in his place for the national team. It has been a bit of a fairy tale ending to this season for all involved at Palace but that is quite a feat for the keepers.

It’s possible to say that Hebdo’s turn around has been almost as amazing as JPMs. That throw out at the weekend to get an attack under way was superb.

I never rated him but there is now a real choice to be made when SJ is fit again. The £20 million or whatever it was doesn’t look quite so silly now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 21 May 24 11.18pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

A few months ago I would’ve agreed with you, but since switching to wing back he’s been excellent, so if Southgate played 3 at the back, I’d say Mitchell at wing back would most definitely be the answer on current form

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you here. He made two errors for the Fulham goal and kept giving the ball away in the first half against Wolves. Of our current first team 11, given that wing-backs are so important in this system, I would say that position is the most important to upgrade. Of course that assumes other players do not leave

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne 22 May 24 12.53am Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you here. He made two errors for the Fulham goal and kept giving the ball away in the first half against Wolves. Of our current first team 11, given that wing-backs are so important in this system, I would say that position is the most important to upgrade. Of course that assumes other players do not leave

Blimey no-one’s perfect, he’s been excellent otherwise, he’s been a massive part of the team that’s been blowing other teams away, he’s been great to watch since the switch

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 22 May 24 3.50am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you here. He made two errors for the Fulham goal and kept giving the ball away in the first half against Wolves. Of our current first team 11, given that wing-backs are so important in this system, I would say that position is the most important to upgrade. Of course that assumes other players do not leave

Almost certainly why Southgate has not selected him. We clearly need to keep a close eye on Mitchell re upgrade, but the way he has improved since Glasner has arrived has been noticeable. However, he is not there yet. Maybe we will buy a left back and use Mitchell as cover. I suppose it will depend how much he progresses this summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Online Flag 22 May 24 5.40am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Indeed, that AV first half breakaway chance looked a certain 1:1 leveller but Henderson got down really well with a strong arm to deny it & as you say that second half throw to set Eze up was quite visionary.

Originally posted by DenTyler

It occurred to me today, has a team who’s main goal keeper was destined for the squad/tournament only to be kept out by injury to then have his understudy be picked in his place for the national team. It has been a bit of a fairy tale ending to this season for all involved at Palace but that is quite a feat for the keepers.

It’s possible to say that Hebdo’s turn around has been almost as amazing as JPMs. That throw out at the weekend to get an attack under way was superb.

I never rated him but there is now a real choice to be made when SJ is fit again. The £20 million or whatever it was doesn’t look quite so silly now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Flag Storrington 22 May 24 7.45am Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

We’ll deserved caps for our lads.
It’d be great if GS re-examined his tactics to optimise the talent he has at his disposal.

 


I have now sufficient funds to last me the rest of my life. Provided I don't buy anything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 22 May 24 9.49am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

A decent article on our four chosen players albeit focusing on Wharton

[Link]

There's a good analysis video in that article too on the ManU game..

 


"It was a Team effort, I guess it took all players working together to lose this one"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 22 May 24 10.32am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

A decent article on our four chosen players albeit focusing on Wharton

[Link]

Also a good article in today's Mail by Sami Mokbel, "How do Crystal Palace unearth so many gems?" saying that Gareth would have liked to list 5 of our lads. Olise being the fifth of course. The article online is restricted and if anyone has access it would be worth uploading here.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 24 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace players for the Euros