You are here: Home > News > Francis says Kolinko affair is sorted
February 16 2026 2.50am

Francis says Kolinko affair is sorted

August 21 2002

Trevor Francis

Trevor Francis

Trevor Francis said his much-publicised spat with Alex Kolinko has been settled amicably and it's the press who won't let the matter lie.

He added that the incident should prove to supporters how passionate he is about Palace.

He told the Croydon Guardian: "Really the press have continued to write about it, not through the chairman or myself but mainly through Alex and more so his agent.

"I had a long discussion with Alex after the game and a meeting with the chairman, so it was all done very amicably internally.

"By training at 10 o'clock on Thursday morning, everything that needed to be done had been done.

"I have had many Palace supporters showing support for me over what happened. I think they fully realise now that they have a manager who's got Palace in his heart.

"I am a fierce competitor and that I am very passionate towards my football team. I think one or two supporters have now changed their opinion of me as a manager."

Latest Headlines

Palace Talk Forum Latest

Next manager poll
at 11.30pm by Joseph Paxton

Glasner Out
at 11.06pm by Phil’s Barber

The new manager’s inbox
at 11.00pm by Paul Salvage

Kamada
at 10.17pm by sprites

“The best of times,the worst of times”
at 9.04pm by Palacesince64

Marc Guéhi
at 6.17pm by Phil’s Barber

Desperate times....choose One good thing, the Prem or European Cup now & Europa Qualification in 27?
at 3.59pm by BigGcpfc

Crystal Palace vs. Burnley match thread
at 9.34am by cryrst

Guehi today
at 8.29pm by syd snot

The Elbow in the Trendline. Our dramatic fall from Grace
at 7.42pm by syd snot

You are here: Home > News > Francis says Kolinko affair is sorted