February 5 2008
James Scowcroft
James Scowcroft admits he's delighted to accept a new one-year deal with Crystal Palace.
The striker took advantage of a clause in his contract which triggered an extra year when he reached 25 appearances for the season.
That kicked in last month, and after netting his eighth goal of the campaign in the 1-1 draw against Southampton on Saturday, the former Coventry man is in good spirits.
"It gives me that bit of security and I'm very happy at the club," said the 32-year-old.
Scowcroft fired Palace in front in the 73rd minute but Stern John equalised for the Saints 11 minutes after as Palace drop to seventh in the table.
"We are disappointed because it felt like we lost two points," said Scowcroft. "I think we deserved all three as we hit the post twice and a second goal would have killed the game off.
"There's a third of the season left to go and it's up to us to hang in there, then who knows what might happen. We are not a soft touch anymore and don't get beat cheaply."
Villa Predictions
at 9.08am by beak
Marc Guéhi
at 8.56am by jason7
Steve PLEASE don’t sell Marc
at 8.50am by park the bus
Fredrikstad vs. Crystal Palace Match Thread
at 8.21am by Hannes
Yeremy Pino
at 6.10am by park the bus
Uefa Conference League
at 11.48pm by Casual
Pino song
at 10.52pm by Nicholas91
Dublin....Palace
at 9.45pm by cotopaxi
selhurst stadium speakers
at 6.40pm by mileend
Loaned-Out Players
at 5.46pm by Eagleman13
All images and text on this site are copyright © 1999-2025 The Holmesdale Online, unless otherwise stated.
Web Design by Guntrisoft Ltd.