You are here: Home > News > Three more shown the door
August 17 2026 1.01pm

Three more shown the door

June 30 2010

Matt Lawrence

Matt Lawrence

Crystal Palace defenders Danny Butterfield, Matt Lawrence and Clint Hill have left the club.

Both Butterfield and Lawrence's contracts expire on the 1st July and Butterfield has indicated to Palace that he has agreed a contract with another club.

George Burley said to the Croydon Advertiser: "I spoke with the boy Butterfield but he had already had an offer from another club and I felt we couldn't match that.

"Matt Lawrence has also been allowed to leave. Neither will be coming into training tomorrow."

Hill, 31, has followed Shaun Derry and signed for Neil Warnock's QPR.

Meanwhile Burley is looking to add more players to his squad in the coming weeks.

"I'm hoping to add six or seven more in the next few weeks," he said. "We are extremely close with one or two and we're hoping to announce at least one by the end of the week."

Latest Headlines

Palace Talk Forum Latest

Marinakis suing Palace for Defamation
at 12.34pm by Eagleman13

Palace team vs SC Freiburg
at 12.27pm by Willo

Lets Rehabilitate the Memory of Prince Albert....Our Founding Father
at 12.16pm by PalazioVecchio

Trepidation for the 26/27 Prem season ?
at 9.06am by BromleyMonkey

Why we will always be a "selling club"
at 7.21am by Badger11

Bottom of the League Already
at 7.40pm by maddog

Positive about 26/27
at 5.11pm by Mark B

Wilf,in his prime,presently!!
at 3.51pm by doombear

Welcome Dwight McNeil
at 10.44am by Attilio1905

Our present squad
at 10.27am by Stirlingsays

You are here: Home > News > Three more shown the door