You are here: Home > News > Berhalter denies transfer request
August 17 2026 10.44pm

Berhalter denies transfer request

February 26 2002

Gregg Berhalter

Gregg Berhalter

Gregg Berhalter has revealed that the decision to place him on the transfer list was completely down to boss Trevor Francis.

The US international played in last week's defeat to Sheffield United, one of only 10 starts since his move to Palace last year, and he was also recently recalled to the USA squad for their forthcoming friendlies.

However, Francis sees little chance of Berhalter featuring in his future plans.

When Berhalter was asked about his reason for being put on the transfer list, he said: "I had nothing to do with that. The gaffer told me I wasn't in his plans and that he was putting me on the list.

"He likes a certain type of player and I'm not the ideal type for him. That's football."

Latest Headlines

Palace Talk Forum Latest

Positive about 26/27
at 10.26pm by doombear

The Academy
at 10.25pm by mileend

Palace team vs SC Freiburg
at 10.23pm by Vaibow

ST
at 10.21pm by Faz

Loaned-Out Players
at 10.20pm by doombear

Everton Predictions
at 9.58pm by Dogburger

Mateta to AC Milan?
at 9.37pm by Jacey

Bring back Eze?
at 9.11pm by Teddy Eagle

Gold Membership goodies
at 7.20pm by eaglesdare

Bottom of the League Already
at 6.11pm by BromleyMonkey

You are here: Home > News > Berhalter denies transfer request