You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Favourite TV Series of all time
November 19 2019 1.29am

Favourite TV Series of all time

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 20 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

 

View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 17 Apr 19 1.19pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

For me

The Wire

Green Wing

This is England in all its variants

and my absolute favourite

Our Friends in the North

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Apr 19 11.34am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

For me

The Wire

Green Wing

This is England in all its variants

and my absolute favourite

Our Friends in the North

That was a quality series that I really enjoyed. Will watch it again sometime.


I have never understood the love that people have for The Wire. I watched the first few episodes and my only impression was that the makers wanted to shoehorn in as much unrealistic swearing as possible.

For police drama, I have never seen anything better than Line of Duty and Waking The Dead.
Of course, none of them bear any relation to reality but they are just entertainment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 18 Apr 19 1.06pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Iíll go for:

Hill Street Blues
The Larry Sanders Show
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Still Game
Law & Order - 1978 one with Derek Martin.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 18 Apr 19 5.55pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Life On Mars... Fantastic acting on display by John Simm and Phillip Glenister..

It was set in 1973 which was the year my Dad joined the Old Bill... He said whoever the advisors were for the show were very good because it was absolutely spot on!!

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag 18 Apr 19 6.00pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

Life On Mars... Fantastic acting on display by John Simm and Phillip Glenister..

It was set in 1973 which was the year my Dad joined the Old Bill... He said whoever the advisors were for the show were very good because it was absolutely spot on!!

the mk 3 cortina they used was the exact model and colour of my first ever car, so it had me hooked from the start. I keep meaning to watch it again as Iíve got it on dvd

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Apr 19 7.06pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

Life On Mars... Fantastic acting on display by John Simm and Phillip Glenister..

It was set in 1973 which was the year my Dad joined the Old Bill... He said whoever the advisors were for the show were very good because it was absolutely spot on!!

Absolutely brilliant escapism.
I have watched it 3 or 4 times and it never loses its magic.
Ashes to Ashes was also very good. I think Keely Hawes was very underrated in that at the time, but in retrospect, she was excellent.

It's a shame it all had to end so soon.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 18 Apr 19 8.39pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

the mk 3 cortina they used was the exact model and colour of my first ever car, so it had me hooked from the start. I keep meaning to watch it again as Iíve got it on dvd

The cars were great weren't they?!! My old man said there were plenty of DCI Gene Hunts!!Ö It might not of always been right or legal he said but bad people got nicked!!

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 19 Apr 19 12.17am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Ever Decreasing Circles

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 19 Apr 19 7.36am Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Sopranos is the greatest TV show ever made.

I watched it when it came out. Watched it again a couple of years later, tried to watch it again a year or so later, but it was too familiar.
Iím just finishing watching it again, as itís been ages now and Iíd forgotten some of it.
F*cking love Sopranos.

I heard that the new spin off will have Gandolfinis boy playing the main part , might be b*llocks though.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Apr 19 7.54am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

I watched it when it came out. Watched it again a couple of years later, tried to watch it again a year or so later, but it was too familiar.
Iím just finishing watching it again, as itís been ages now and Iíd forgotten some of it.
F*cking love Sopranos.

I heard that the new spin off will have Gandolfinis boy playing the main part , might be b*llocks though.

You are correct on both counts they are filming the sequel now. I loved The Sopranos which just beats The Wire for me. I just finished watching Breaking Bad which I disliked I think the main reason being I did not like any of the main characters.

The reason why I love the Sopranos is that even though Tony is a monster you actually like him and many of his crew. The same with The Wire I really liked the young kids dealing drugs on the street and was gutted when then were killed. Odd thing to say I know but that's the power of good drama.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 19 Apr 19 8.23am Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

Iíve just started the final series, Iíve enjoyed it, but it needed a bit more violence in my opinion, some episodes I might as well have been watching Dallas

More violence, f*cking hell mate. I assume you are joking, if not you might want to move on to snuff movies.

Vito was killed and had a wooden pole shoved up his arse.
Jacky Jnr was shot dead
Richie Aprile was shot dead
Tony B was shot dead
Ralphie was strangled to death
Ralphie beat that young stripper to death
Eugine topped himself
Pussy was shot dead
Tony was shot
Pauliís strangled his mums mate to death
The fit Merc saleswoman topped herself
Dr Melphi was raped
Christopher was suffocated
Adriana was shot dead
Furio and Christopher chopped someone up with meat cleavers
Tony B and Christopher dub up 2 skeleton and smashed them up with hammers
Few people were rapped in chicken wire and thrown in the sea.

Loads of others killed aswell, but the worst thing I saw was Ralphie getting a dildo shoved up his arse by Janice . There was no need for that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Apr 19 8.40am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

More violence, f*cking hell mate. I assume you are joking, if not you might want to move on to snuff movies.

Vito was killed and had a wooden pole shoved up his arse.
Jacky Jnr was shot dead
Richie Aprile was shot dead
Tony B was shot dead
Ralphie was strangled to death
Ralphie beat that young stripper to death
Eugine topped himself
Pussy was shot dead
Tony was shot
Pauliís strangled his mums mate to death
The fit Merc saleswoman topped herself
Dr Melphi was raped
Christopher was suffocated
Adriana was shot dead
Furio and Christopher chopped someone up with meat cleavers
Tony B and Christopher dub up 2 skeleton and smashed them up with hammers
Few people were rapped in chicken wire and thrown in the sea.

Loads of others killed aswell, but the worst thing I saw was Ralphie getting a dildo shoved up his arse by Janice . There was no need for that.

Lots of black humour.

Tony's sister is a pain in the butt and he has decided for business reason to kill her gangster boyfriend. He never says this but you see it in his face. You can also read that he is dreading the emotional fall out with his sister.

He then gets a phone call from Janice she has accidentally killed the guy and wants Tony to cover it up. The look on his face he is practically wetting himself laughing. He has got rid of a rival and earned his sister's gratitude he also gets her to leave town, problem solved. Very funny episode.

The other funny episode is the 2 lieutenants lost in the woods, Bear Grylls they are not.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 20 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Favourite TV Series of all time