You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn
June 19 2021 11.25am

Jeremy Corbyn

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 187 of 464 < 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 >

 

View leifandersonshair's Profile leifandersonshair Flag Newport 12 Jul 16 12.41pm Send a Private Message to leifandersonshair Add leifandersonshair as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Yeah, I think that's exactly what they should do.

Then we will have at least another term without Labour in office.
I actually doubt they will get back in in my lifetime.

Rejoice.

Both main parties currently completely screwed up and dysfunctional. If Labour can stop the bickering and get a clear message out, they actually stand a decent chance come next GE. Keep hammering home the message on equality and the NHS (2 areas the Tories are massively distrusted on) and people will listen.

But (assuming no snap election) that's 4 years away- the way things are going, Labour will have split in half, so will the Tories, and a Lib Dem-SNP alliance will come through on the inside to pip them to the post

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 12 Jul 16 1.59pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

I think an early GE as Mrs May will want to be an elected PM can't see why she should wait even a day.

Jeremy is the only person I can think of with his integrity intact after the events of the last 2 weeks.

I don't think Ms Eagle and her friends have any choice to offer the voters 'closet tories' is what they say.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View elgrande's Profile elgrande Flag bedford 12 Jul 16 2.56pm Send a Private Message to elgrande Add elgrande as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

I think an early GE as Mrs May will want to be an elected PM can't see why she should wait even a day.

Jeremy is the only person I can think of with his integrity intact after the events of the last 2 weeks.

I don't think Ms Eagle and her friends have any choice to offer the voters 'closet tories' is what they say.

Jeremy has his integrity in tact......are you sure,he has spent the last 40 years campaigning against Europe, and now he voted remain.....really

 


always a Norwood boy, where ever I live.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 12 Jul 16 3.49pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by leifandersonshair

Both main parties currently completely screwed up and dysfunctional. If Labour can stop the bickering and get a clear message out, they actually stand a decent chance come next GE. Keep hammering home the message on equality and the NHS (2 areas the Tories are massively distrusted on) and people will listen.

But (assuming no snap election) that's 4 years away- the way things are going, Labour will have split in half, so will the Tories, and a Lib Dem-SNP alliance will come through on the inside to pip them to the post

The new cabinet will have enough on their plate without another general election campaign.
Labour couldn't even vote itself into power at the moment.
Either the wider party members rally around a more moderate leader or the party will split.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 12 Jul 16 6.02pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Corbyn said his view was 7/10 remain but wanted to see changes I don't see anything wrong there.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 12 Jul 16 6.54pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Corbyn said his view was 7/10 remain but wanted to see changes I don't see anything wrong there.

Except that a remain win would have changed the chances of EU reform from slim to none.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 12 Jul 16 8.04pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Well he's on the ballot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 12 Jul 16 8.10pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Will he,wont he, will he, won't her will he be on the ballot ?

Does it really take this long to read the 'Labour Party' rules regarding a challenge to the leader ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mr_Gristle's Profile Mr_Gristle Flag In the land of Whelk Eaters 12 Jul 16 8.31pm Send a Private Message to Mr_Gristle Add Mr_Gristle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Will he,wont he, will he, won't her will he be on the ballot ?

Does it really take this long to read the 'Labour Party' rules regarding a challenge to the leader ?

Rules are crystal - only a challenger needs to get MPs backing.

Tough for the coup planners to take. My heart bleeds for the shysters.

 


Well I think Simon's head is large; always involved in espionage. (Name that tune)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 12 Jul 16 9.24pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Mr_Gristle

Rules are crystal - only a challenger needs to get MPs backing.

Tough for the coup planners to take. My heart bleeds for the shysters.

For the ballot to have any credibility, Corbyn has to stand.
More importantly, Corbyn should have stood down already because his own party have no faith in him. Let's face it, if winning elections is your business, they are right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 12 Jul 16 9.35pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by leifandersonshair

Both main parties currently completely screwed up and dysfunctional. If Labour can stop the bickering and get a clear message out, they actually stand a decent chance come next GE. Keep hammering home the message on equality and the NHS (2 areas the Tories are massively distrusted on) and people will listen.

But (assuming no snap election) that's 4 years away- the way things are going, Labour will have split in half, so will the Tories, and a Lib Dem-SNP alliance will come through on the inside to pip them to the post ;)


Oh, yes, that holier-than-thou party, the so-called Liberal DEMOCRATS. So wedded to democracy, that (according to a leaflet posted through my door today) they will fight the next Election on a platform of staying in the EU. Stuff the result of the democratically-conducted referendum.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SloveniaDave's Profile SloveniaDave Flag Tirana, Albania 12 Jul 16 9.48pm Send a Private Message to SloveniaDave Add SloveniaDave as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

For the ballot to have any credibility, Corbyn has to stand.
More importantly, Corbyn should have stood down already because his own party have no faith in him. Let's face it, if winning elections is your business, they are right.

agree completely. We are going through a unique set of circumstances and I don't rule anything out in terms of a realignment, but what is clear is that the Conservatives understand the difference between a party of government and a party of protest.

What is also clear is that the Labour Party belongs to its members, not its MPs (irrespective of how deluded or disingenuous the members may be). So if there is to be a split, the rank and file membership must retain the name and the infrastructure. It is for the PLP to split and set up a new structure.

I was a very early SDP convert after the last Labour schism and genuinely believed it would work - I was wrong them but maybe the situation is different now. What is certain is that none of the main parties (in England) have ever been at such a collectively low ebb and disunited.

If I wanted to take a punt, then Andy Burnham leading a social-democratic alliance in the next election would be my bet. I'm not putting my money where my mouth is though.

 


Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

(Member of the School of Optimism 1969-2016 inclusive)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 187 of 464 < 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Jeremy Corbyn