You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Parish in talks to sign "two or three" by deadline
October 2 2023 4.43am

Parish in talks to sign "two or three" by deadline

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 20 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

 

View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 02 Feb 16 8.23am Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by laddo

Genuinely believe that some on here want us to spunk millions just for the sake of it. We couldn't secure any signings, move on.

For the record, Adebayor is better than a number of players on the move today.

This with bells on. Totally agree.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 02 Feb 16 9.09am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by The eagle's

Not a bad transfer window we have signed another striker which in all honestly we needed and we haven't lost anyone either

To be strictly accurate we did lose Bamford so have replaced one striker with another

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 02 Feb 16 9.40am Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Icepick Tony

He played a blinder for 13 matches for Reading in the premiership leading to QPR buying him. Whilst he may not be proven, he has experienced the league and is young in goalkeeping terms.

86 premier league appearances for a 22 year old striker is pretty good considering you think he's crocked. honestly I thought and still think he was a good buy at a good price. He will score goals for us once he settles down and has a proper run, we look a better side with him in.

Mutch is also a good squad player and another who offers us something different in midfield. We are yet to see the best of him granted but we will.

None of these are bad buys, they piss all over the likes of Kebe, Marange, Campana etc. They are all young, have experienced the league before hand and have added to our depth. Our 25 is much stronger than last season and I expect it to be stronger again after the summer. It's not hard to see what we are building, patience is what is needed. Luckily the guys in charge of the money have that.

The key word mentioned is STRIKER.. You may think the 86 appearances are good but what about the 12 goals??.. He scored 2 of those in one game at Sunderland and a penalty for us so take those out the equation and its 9 goals from open play in 84 appearances.

Like you said we will have to wait and see but I'm really not convinced... Especially for 9 million.

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View seeweedhater's Profile seeweedhater Flag London 02 Feb 16 10.26am Send a Private Message to seeweedhater Add seeweedhater as a friend

Well I hate this bloody window.
Begone with you I say!!
The 25 you start with,you finish with therefore allowing home grown youngsters to aspire.
Look at Newcastle spending millions cos they got a two-bob manager in charge.

I would love to see this window gone forever.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Icepick Tony's Profile Icepick Tony Flag Chester 02 Feb 16 5.05pm Send a Private Message to Icepick Tony Add Icepick Tony as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

The key word mentioned is STRIKER.. You may think the 86 appearances are good but what about the 12 goals??.. He scored 2 of those in one game at Sunderland and a penalty for us so take those out the equation and its 9 goals from open play in 84 appearances.

Like you said we will have to wait and see but I'm really not convinced... Especially for 9 million.

I'm not doubting he needs to score but I think he will. He spent the majority of his time at Sunderland in and out of the team, playing out wide etc. He has one role for us and has yet to have a really good run in the team, once he does though I'm sure he will start scoring.
Regardless of goals though, like I said before, we look a much better side when he plays. Cam Jam was absolute dogs***e in front of goal for us but without him in the team we wouldn't be in the league now, a strikers job isn't just scoring goals.

 


"They got his own song 'He's just too good for you', it's quite unbelievable but when you see it and he's facing up someone - I actually feel sorry for them, 'Cos he actually is" - Ian Holloway

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 02 Feb 16 6.22pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Icepick Tony

I'm not doubting he needs to score but I think he will. He spent the majority of his time at Sunderland in and out of the team, playing out wide etc. He has one role for us and has yet to have a really good run in the team, once he does though I'm sure he will start scoring.
Regardless of goals though, like I said before, we look a much better side when he plays. Cam Jam was absolute dogs***e in front of goal for us but without him in the team we wouldn't be in the league now, a strikers job isn't just scoring goals.

Hope he does well. But why was he in and out of a poor Sunderland side and pushed out to the wing, by a succession of managers?
I think the elbow could prove to be a disaster for him , can't see him playing in front of a half interested half fit adebayor, with a new striker also hopefully coming in the summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pinkfluff1981's Profile Pinkfluff1981 Flag 02 Feb 16 8.49pm Send a Private Message to Pinkfluff1981 Add Pinkfluff1981 as a friend

All you lot saying last night that we don't need any more players !! Ha ha we are crap have we created anything? Do we look like creating anything ? No. This is against bournemouth . I rest my case

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyh's Profile dannyh Flag wherever I lay my hat....... 04 Feb 16 2.09pm Send a Private Message to dannyh Add dannyh as a friend

Originally posted by Master Coin

Ah yeah. Well here's hoping we resign him for 12m to appease the idiots on here...

I've read a lot of anti criticism posts on here, but I picked this one as it demonstrates in a microcosm the absolute incredulous reaction by some people on here that someone ( me) could dare to question the clubs policy and managerial tactics of late.

I would like those who use the term "idiot" to take a moment of self refelection and consider the following.

2 points from a possible 21 including 4 matches against teams well below us in the league. (1 point against Bournemouth over two games.)

7 league games without a win scoring only 2 goals during that losing streak.

The only teams that have lost more games than us are the Bottom 4.

Only 7 teams have a worse Goal difference than us, 3 of which recently beat us.

A stiker was an obvious requirement pre season, why did we end up with a virtual has been who is clearly not fit.

Afobe 3 in 3 bought by our rivals. Remy ? Austin ?

Clear to anyone with some resemblance of clarity of thought that we needed to bolster the squad to maintain our push up the table. Zip Bubba in the window.

And the players were out there we just didnt bother, arrogance of massive proportions at best, down right f***ing negligence at worst.

So after you've had a read of these FACTS not opinions, please feel free to call me an idiot. But if I ignore your opinion as one of a blinkered sheep who belives what ever bulls*** "super Al" or "Parish" feed you, you'll understand if I laugh and say BAAAaaaaaa.

 


"It's not the bullet that's got my name on it that concerns me; it's all them other ones flyin' around marked 'To Whom It May Concern.'"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 16 2.15pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by dannyh

I've read a lot of anti criticism posts on here, but I picked this one as it demonstrates in a microcosm the absolute incredulous reaction by some people on here that someone ( me) could dare to question the clubs policy and managerial tactics of late.

I would like those who use the term "idiot" to take a moment of self refelection and consider the following.

2 points from a possible 21 including 4 matches against teams well below us in the league. (1 point against Bournemouth over two games.)

7 league games without a win scoring only 2 goals during that losing streak.

The only teams that have lost more games than us are the Bottom 4.

Only 7 teams have a worse Goal difference than us, 3 of which recently beat us.

A stiker was an obvious requirement pre season, why did we end up with a virtual has been who is clearly not fit.

Afobe 3 in 3 bought by our rivals. Remy ? Austin ?

Clear to anyone with some resemblance of clarity of thought that we needed to bolster the squad to maintain our push up the table. Zip Bubba in the window.

And the players were out there we just didnt bother, arrogance of massive proportions at best, down right f***ing negligence at worst.

So after you've had a read of these FACTS not opinions, please feel free to call me an idiot. But if I ignore your opinion as one of a blinkered sheep who belives what ever bulls*** "super Al" or "Parish" feed you, you'll understand if I laugh and say BAAAaaaaaa.

An excellent post.

I'm in the "Idiot" category not in the "Blinkered sheep" one !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyh's Profile dannyh Flag wherever I lay my hat....... 04 Feb 16 2.50pm Send a Private Message to dannyh Add dannyh as a friend

Really grips my sh1t all these fecking scarfers going on about "not being a real fan" and "johnny come lately" just becuase you dare to show some intelligence and criticise poor managerial/board room choices.

Been seeing it on Facebook some dick head called me a plastic c*** just because I had the audacity to point out the obvious truth that if current form is continued (McArthur now out for the season )we shall be in the championship next year.

And that the blame for that will lay firley at SP and AP's door as the men at the helm of what at the moment is an undeniable sinking ship. Unlike the crew of the titanic they had the chance (in the window) to Avoid the metaphorical ice berg of the trap door scrap.

Instead they just ploughed straight on. I prey to allah God Buddah and all the sky fairies combined that I'm wrong, but I just dont see us scoring. The sad fact is if Wilf gets injured we are done.

 


"It's not the bullet that's got my name on it that concerns me; it's all them other ones flyin' around marked 'To Whom It May Concern.'"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 04 Feb 16 3.02pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by dannyh

Really grips my sh1t all these fecking scarfers going on about "not being a real fan" and "johnny come lately" just becuase you dare to show some intelligence and criticise poor managerial/board room choices.

Been seeing it on Facebook some dick head called me a plastic c*** just because I had the audacity to point out the obvious truth that if current form is continued (McArthur now out for the season )we shall be in the championship next year.

And that the blame for that will lay firley at SP and AP's door as the men at the helm of what at the moment is an undeniable sinking ship. Unlike the crew of the titanic they had the chance (in the window) to Avoid the metaphorical ice berg of the trap door scrap.

Instead they just ploughed straight on. I prey to allah God Buddah and all the sky fairies combined that I'm wrong, but I just dont see us scoring. The sad fact is if Wilf gets injured we are done.

DannyH

We are as one on this subject.

We are on the 'Franz Klammer' of football descents and I fear it is going to be nail-biting time for us all.
IF (God forbid) we are relegated, there will be major blood letting and Parish and Pardew will have to reach for the helmets and rapidly tie the straps.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 04 Feb 16 7.02pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by dannyh

I've read a lot of anti criticism posts on here, but I picked this one as it demonstrates in a microcosm the absolute incredulous reaction by some people on here that someone ( me) could dare to question the clubs policy and managerial tactics of late.

I would like those who use the term "idiot" to take a moment of self refelection and consider the following.

2 points from a possible 21 including 4 matches against teams well below us in the league. (1 point against Bournemouth over two games.)

7 league games without a win scoring only 2 goals during that losing streak.

The only teams that have lost more games than us are the Bottom 4.

Only 7 teams have a worse Goal difference than us, 3 of which recently beat us.

A stiker was an obvious requirement pre season, why did we end up with a virtual has been who is clearly not fit.

Afobe 3 in 3 bought by our rivals. Remy ? Austin ?

Clear to anyone with some resemblance of clarity of thought that we needed to bolster the squad to maintain our push up the table. Zip Bubba in the window.

And the players were out there we just didnt bother, arrogance of massive proportions at best, down right f***ing negligence at worst.

So after you've had a read of these FACTS not opinions, please feel free to call me an idiot. But if I ignore your opinion as one of a blinkered sheep who belives what ever bulls*** "super Al" or "Parish" feed you, you'll understand if I laugh and say BAAAaaaaaa.

Or maybe the board and manager just felt our current squad would be good enough for a midtable to 17th at worst finish. And we would be better suited waiting untill the summer and not the inflated January window.

Plus you use Austin and remy as examples, no chance Austin would pick us over Southampton and remy didn't want to leave Chelsea. Yes we need to strengthen but we are good enough to wait untill the summer.

Our current form ain't good enough but our squad is capable of turning it around.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 20 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Parish in talks to sign "two or three" by deadline