You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
August 9 2020 3.22pm

Wayne Hennessey (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 219 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

Topic Locked

View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 06 Mar 17 1.49pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

Last week you and your nasty bunch of trolls were claiming that WH would be found out against a very physical WBA side. Didn't happen - instead we had a second successive clean sheet and have now only conceded one goal in 3 away games. So now your argument is that we only had a clean sheet because they only had 1 shot on target (last week's argument was that the clean sheet was down to the defence whereas any goals conceded are WH's fault!).. A keeper can only deal with what he has to deal with. The top sides have better defences so their keepers are under less pressure and generally have better records. You are now seeing what we can achieve with a better defence.

So let's NOT agree that 'WH is s***'. Rather, that he is a capable PL keeper, though not one of the best, but he is the best option we currently have. So why not get behind him and the team rather than coming on here after every game and trying to come up with some new justification for your vitriol?

Why can't the WH haters accept this ? He may not be the beloved Speroni but he is the best we have. Julian great servant that he has been is no longer EPL standard. He played 2 games last season in EPL and we conceded 6 goals.

We need to get behind the team and stop sniping at players like this. At present he is a Palace player support him

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View paperhat's Profile paperhat Flag croydon 06 Mar 17 1.51pm Send a Private Message to paperhat Add paperhat as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

He had one shot straight at him that my mum could have stopped. And then the one ball up in the air he spilled and was rescued by his defence.

about 15-20m mins into the second half, where he missed it, chased it and then ran away from the player who won the ball??

 


Clinton is Clinton. I have known him for a long time, I know his mother... Simon Jordan


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View eaglerik's Profile eaglerik Flag bromsgrove 06 Mar 17 1.54pm Send a Private Message to eaglerik Add eaglerik as a friend

Hennessey let in 4 at home in 45 mins the other week,just saying

Originally posted by Palace in the Blood

Why can't the WH haters accept this ? He may not be the beloved Speroni but he is the best we have. Julian great servant that he has been is no longer EPL standard. He played 2 games last season in EPL and we conceded 6 goals.

We need to get behind the team and stop sniping at players like this. At present he is a Palace player support him

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 06 Mar 17 2.02pm

Originally posted by eaglerik

Hennessey let in 4 at home in 45 mins the other week,just saying

Don't highlight the truth. They don't like it.

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View CPFC/SCCC's Profile CPFC/SCCC Flag Sutton 06 Mar 17 2.40pm Send a Private Message to CPFC/SCCC Add CPFC/SCCC as a friend

Originally posted by eaglerik

Hennessey let in 4 at home in 45 mins the other week,just saying

The treatment Hennessy gets at Palace is embarrassing. He keep back to back clean sheets since Sunderland as a player or keeper you only as good as your last game. If the other keepers were great I could see your point. Speroni been overlooked by pardew, Sam and millen , also speroni kicking is terrible. Mandanda looked dodgy whenever I've seen him.

 


Andy Johnson Magic, He wears a Magic Hat
When he Sees the match ball, he says he having that
He scores one with left foot, he scores one with his right
And When his playing Brighton, He scores all f***ING Night!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Online Flag Penzance 06 Mar 17 2.40pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Brentmiester_General

Don't highlight the truth. They don't like it.

Gomez had four past him Saturday and Czech three so does that make them bad goalkeepers??

Obviously you and your fellow anti Hennessy muppets don't know didly squat about goalkeeping.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 06 Mar 17 3.04pm

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Gomez had four past him Saturday and Czech three so does that make them bad goalkeepers??

Obviously you and your fellow anti Hennessy muppets don't know didly squat about goalkeeping.

I wasn't the one putting that up as a valid argument was I? As before, I just point out the truth. And that often gets over looked on here when pushing forward agendas. I base my argument on what I see week in, week out home and away supporting my team. Nothing more. Nothing less. And all I've said since the weekend is that nothing has changed for anyone to be able to elevate their argument with substantial evidence, as Wayne had nothing to do on the weekend. If you try and argue that then you are the the insult that you threw out in your post.

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 06 Mar 17 3.16pm Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by Brentmiester_General

I wasn't the one putting that up as a valid argument was I? As before, I just point out the truth. And that often gets over looked on here when pushing forward agendas. I base my argument on what I see week in, week out home and away supporting my team. Nothing more. Nothing less. And all I've said since the weekend is that nothing has changed for anyone to be able to elevate their argument with substantial evidence, as Wayne had nothing to do on the weekend. If you try and argue that then you are the the insult that you threw out in your post.

Look about 4 posts up! To quote:

Originally posted by eaglerik

Hennessey let in 4 at home in 45 mins the other week,just saying

and you said: Don't highlight the truth. They don't like it.

Why is what you say 'the truth'? You sound like a TV Evangelist.

Edited by cpj (06 Mar 2017 3.17pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View susmik's Profile susmik Flag PLYMOUTH -But Made in Old Coulsdon... 06 Mar 17 3.22pm Send a Private Message to susmik Add susmik as a friend

Originally posted by CPFC/SCCC

The treatment Hennessy gets at Palace is embarrassing. He keep back to back clean sheets since Sunderland as a player or keeper you only as good as your last game. If the other keepers were great I could see your point. Speroni been overlooked by pardew, Sam and millen , also speroni kicking is terrible. Mandanda looked dodgy whenever I've seen him.

Maybe his kicking is terrible in your opinion but until Hennessy can beat Jules record:

1. 201314 season, Speroni was named Player of the Year for the FOURTH time

2. Speroni was inducted into the Dundee Hall of Fame picking up the International Award March 2015

Then I will go for Jules every time!

 


Supported Palace for over 69 years since the age of 7 and have seen all the ups and downs and will probably see many more ups and downs before I go up to the big football club in the sky.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View OknotOK's Profile OknotOK Flag Cockfosters, London 06 Mar 17 3.25pm Send a Private Message to OknotOK Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add OknotOK as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Gomez had four past him Saturday and Czech three so does that make them bad goalkeepers??

Obviously you and your fellow anti Hennessy muppets don't know didly squat about goalkeeping.

Gomes? He is a bad keeper anyway - shouldn't be anywhere near a top level side.

Unpredictable, can be a great shot stopper, but at least one potential calamity every match.

Worse than Hennessey (who I am not a fan of) by a country mile.

WH did flap a bit at the weekend but was basically untroubled all game. I do agree though that whether we like it or not, 3 successive managers/interim managers have not regarded Speroni as good enough to replace WH and given most of us haven't seen Jules play more than about 90 minutes in 2 years maybe they are best placed to judge.

 


"It's almost like a moral decision. Except not really cos noone is going to find out," Jez, Peep Show

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Robk's Profile Robk Flag 06 Mar 17 3.28pm Send a Private Message to Robk Add Robk as a friend

Why don't we get Joe Hart....I know his wages are high but.....not as silly as it sounds!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View VSEagle215's Profile VSEagle215 Flag New York 06 Mar 17 3.32pm Send a Private Message to VSEagle215 Add VSEagle215 as a friend

Made 4 saves against Boro and 1 save against WBA.

The clean sheets are a factor of the team's overall improvement defensively. Stats rarely lie.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 16 of 219 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic