You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Sakho thread
December 10 2019 10.19am

The Sakho thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 28 Mar 17 5.07pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

He's right, we did nearly sign Van Djik when he left Celtic. Cant remember why he went to Southampton instead.
They were probably more established than us at the time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 30 Mar 17 2.31pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Nice article in The Guardian, highlighting Sakho's role in the turnaround. His distribution stats compared to Dann, Tomkins and Delaney are quite telling.

Quote

Sakho is an exceptional distributor from the back. His pass accuracy of 82.1% has dropped from the previous campaign (87.9%) but thatís a reflection of the different styles employed by Liverpool and Palace. When you compare his distribution to Tomkins (77.5% pass accuracy), Dann (74.2%) and Delaney (70.9%), itís clear that he has instilled a sense of calm to the defence.

[Link]

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Leeswavey08's Profile Leeswavey08 Flag 13 Aug 19 12.32am Send a Private Message to Leeswavey08 Add Leeswavey08 as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Mamadou Sakho Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Any news on sakho as he was playing abit in our friendlies?
When is he expected to be back ?

Him and cahill could be a great partnership!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 13 Aug 19 7.43am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Add a midfield of Meyer, Camarasa, Luka and Kouyate and we have bl...y good team.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BeckenhamSteve's Profile BeckenhamSteve Flag beckenham 13 Aug 19 8.21am Send a Private Message to BeckenhamSteve Add BeckenhamSteve as a friend

This is intersting apparently Mamadou called a players meeting over the Zaha situation last week.

I hope the link works and apologise if its mentioned elsewhere.

[Link]

Edited by BeckenhamSteve (13 Aug 2019 8.24am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 13 Aug 19 8.42am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by BeckenhamSteve

This is intersting apparently Mamadou called a players meeting over the Zaha situation last week.

I hope the link works and apologise if its mentioned elsewhere.

[Link]

Edited by BeckenhamSteve (13 Aug 2019 8.24am)

Good to hear that the players have taken responsibility and Wilf has apparently agreed. The manager and the board can demand these things but sometimes it's your team mates that actually get through to you.

Wilf needs to play his way out of the club if he really wants to go.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 13 Aug 19 9.19am Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

Originally posted by BeckenhamSteve

This is intersting apparently Mamadou called a players meeting over the Zaha situation last week.

I hope the link works and apologise if its mentioned elsewhere.

[Link]

Edited by BeckenhamSteve (13 Aug 2019 8.24am)

Not seen that before, but I'll be delighted if it's true, not only that Wilf has agreed to give his all but that we've got a squad who demand the best of each other.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 13 Aug 19 9.31am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


Itís possible Wilf has realised that any potential move is still only a possibility. If itís true that Chelsea, transfer ban and all, and Everton were interested their priorities may change by January/next window; Chelseaís defence didnít look that great v Man U. After that his appeal could start to lessen as younger and cheaper alternatives appear so he could be playing for Palace for a while. Itís not in anyoneís interest for him to alienate his teammates.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 13 Aug 19 10.07am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Add a midfield of Meyer, Camarasa, Luka and Kouyate and we have bl...y good team.

And a forward line?
Zaha
Townsend
Ayew or some other striker we may bring in as a free agent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnmcormick8's Profile johnmcormick8 Flag Brundish 13 Aug 19 11.52am Send a Private Message to johnmcormick8 Add johnmcormick8 as a friend

agreed

Originally posted by Bangell

Not seen that before, but I'll be delighted if it's true, not only that Wilf has agreed to give his all but that we've got a squad who demand the best of each other.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 13 Aug 19 12.43pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


Itís possible Wilf has realised that any potential move is still only a possibility. If itís true that Chelsea, transfer ban and all, and Everton were interested their priorities may change by January/next window; Chelseaís defence didnít look that great v Man U. After that his appeal could start to lessen as younger and cheaper alternatives appear so he could be playing for Palace for a while. Itís not in anyoneís interest for him to alienate his teammates.

He'll go in January when one of the big money teams needs a boost to push them into Europe. So the next few months he is putting himself into the shop window more than at any other point in his career.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 13 Aug 19 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Seems we have a ready made captain in Mamadou should Luka not be available.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 8 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Sakho thread