You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Palace Vegans
May 26 2017 7.56pm

Palace Vegans

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 40 of 40 First< 36 37 38 39 40

 

View Y Ddraig Goch's Profile Y Ddraig Goch Flag Yesterday 8.10am Send a Private Message to Y Ddraig Goch Add Y Ddraig Goch as a friend

Originally posted by sitdownstandup

Veganpower was no troll.. find me something that he said that wasn't true... it's just that the majority of people on the HOL are carnivores and if anyone says anything, as he did, against eating meat, people will generally react against it. There is nothing that he said that deserved red carding. Funnily enough he used no offensive language in spite of his ideas being ridiculed. He simply stood up to others without being disrespectful. In fact he was one of the most articulate and entertaining posters we've had on here in ages. That red card should be rescinded unless anyone can give a good reason as to why he got it because I see no evidence for him being shown the card


As I said I was happy to debate on the veganism issue, there was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing (though he kept ignoring the fact I had said we eat too much meat). I continued yesterday. As I also said, I stand by what I called him and said in the MA thread. If the Mods think I should be carded or gusset wants to report the post for it I have no problem, I was fully aware I could have got a red but I said what I wanted to say.

I have no idea why he was carded, I haven't seen anything that stands out. When I logged in at lunch yesterday he did seem to have been on a bit of a posting mission, maybe there was something he said.

 


the dignified don't even enter in the game

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View matt_himself's Profile matt_himself Flag Slight niggle Yesterday 8.49am Send a Private Message to matt_himself Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add matt_himself as a friend

It's amazing how some people hold the victim card on here, saying how they are 'trolled' or 'bullied', or claim that others with 'different views' are forced out of 'debate', yet they themselves are quite willing to chuck vile insults around, get very personal, perform multi platform trolling, pursue vendettas that last for years and behave in an all round boreish fashion in pursuit of their 'agenda'.

This is a message board. View it as such.

 


"It's on Frilly Pink, do you want to make something of it?", Smokey, Virgin Megastore, Piccadilly, November 1987.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon Yesterday 9.45pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by matt_himself

It's amazing how some people hold the victim card on here, saying how they are 'trolled' or 'bullied', or claim that others with 'different views' are forced out of 'debate', yet they themselves are quite willing to chuck vile insults around, get very personal, perform multi platform trolling, pursue vendettas that last for years and behave in an all round boreish fashion in pursuit of their 'agenda'.

This is a message board. View it as such.


Coo, last for years. I never manage to upset anyone for more than a couple of pages. I am now feeling really inadequate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sa_eagle's Profile sa_eagle Flag Just outside Cape Town Today 6.08am Send a Private Message to sa_eagle Add sa_eagle as a friend

He got red carded

It was always going to happen.

 


Cynic or realist? It's a fine line!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sa_eagle's Profile sa_eagle Flag Just outside Cape Town Today 6.12am Send a Private Message to sa_eagle Add sa_eagle as a friend

Originally posted by sitdownstandup

Veganpower was no troll.. find me something that he said that wasn't true... it's just that the majority of people on the HOL are carnivores and if anyone says anything, as he did, against eating meat, people will generally react against it. There is nothing that he said that deserved red carding. Funnily enough he used no offensive language in spite of his ideas being ridiculed. He simply stood up to others without being disrespectful. In fact he was one of the most articulate and entertaining posters we've had on here in ages. That red card should be rescinded unless anyone can give a good reason as to why he got it because I see no evidence for him being shown the card

I disagree. He started off decently enough but then bacame quite abusive in telling people what to do and demanding they change their ways. Granted he did it without profanity but the intention was the same. Many on here accepted his choices but he seemed incapable of accepting the choices of others, but sadly most vegans seem to be of that ilk.

 


Cynic or realist? It's a fine line!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BarEagle's Profile BarEagle Flag Monmouth Today 6.45am Send a Private Message to BarEagle Add BarEagle as a friend

Can somebody tell us why he got red carded? Mods?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jamiemartin721's Profile jamiemartin721 Flag Reading Today 9.56am Send a Private Message to jamiemartin721 Add jamiemartin721 as a friend

Originally posted by BarEagle

Can somebody tell us why he got red carded? Mods?

Yes, I can. For trolling people and continuing to insult them. But the final straw was want he was saying about people in the armed forces directly to servicemen.

You can call insult the military, you can say what you like about the political abuse of the military, and even the high ranking officers, but not the individual men and women, on here, who serve. They deserve our respect.

Its different also if your a long standing member who has a report and relationship with those posters.

But when you start calling people who have served and put their lives on the line automations, simple minded killers and dehumanising them, despite being told that that person is a service man / woman, current or otherwise, you're going.

 


"One Nation Under God, has turned into One Nation Under the Influence of One Drug"
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Online Flag Burgess Hill Today 10.10am Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

Originally posted by jamiemartin721

Yes, I can. For trolling people and continuing to insult them. But the final straw was want he was saying about people in the armed forces directly to servicemen.

You can call insult the military, you can say what you like about the political abuse of the military, and even the high ranking officers, but not the individual men and women, on here, who serve. They deserve our respect.

Its different also if your a long standing member who has a report and relationship with those posters.

But when you start calling people who have served and put their lives on the line automations, simple minded killers and dehumanising them, despite being told that that person is a service man / woman, current or otherwise, you're going.

Yikes. Never saw that happen.

It's a shame, there did seem to be some kind of deep seated anger issue there for a guy that was trying to tell everyone his diet made him happy and at one with himself.

Odd behaviour, but I hope he's not a danger to himself and that in general he genuinely is happy.

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag Today 10.21am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

It's probably for the best. By the looks of things he had a history of going round the internet preaching to people about how he's a vegan in a smug self righteous way the offending anyone who didn't agree.

The diference with this board is that it's not a totally anonymus forum like reddit. He said he goes to lots of matches as do many of the people he's offended.
Offend enough people the law of averages means one of those people will inevitably want discuss one of his offencive comments in person. Not something I would condone - but there are plenty of nutters in the world.

As for the rest of the vegans and vegies on here, good for you. It's not for me but I admire your dedication. VeganPower thought it was an interesting subject which made him a better person than any meet eaters. For me I find being lectured pretty dull - similar to when people take photo's of there food to show off what they are eating on social media.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SeagullHunter's Profile SeagullHunter Online Flag Cardiff Today 7.42pm Send a Private Message to SeagullHunter Add SeagullHunter as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

It's probably for the best. By the looks of things he had a history of going round the internet preaching to people about how he's a vegan in a smug self righteous way the offending anyone who didn't agree.

The diference with this board is that it's not a totally anonymus forum like reddit. He said he goes to lots of matches as do many of the people he's offended.
Offend enough people the law of averages means one of those people will inevitably want discuss one of his offencive comments in person. Not something I would condone - but there are plenty of nutters in the world.

As for the rest of the vegans and vegies on here, good for you. It's not for me but I admire your dedication. VeganPower thought it was an interesting subject which made him a better person than any meet eaters. For me I find being lectured pretty dull - similar to when people take photo's of there food to show off what they are eating on social media.

Pretty fantastic post.

 


Dwight Gayle's too good for us

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View matt_himself's Profile matt_himself Flag Slight niggle Today 7.52pm Send a Private Message to matt_himself Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add matt_himself as a friend

Originally posted by SeagullHunter

Pretty fantastic post.

Apropos of nothing but have you ever put a p**** on your mouth?

No judgement. That sort of thing is super in today's society.

 


"It's on Frilly Pink, do you want to make something of it?", Smokey, Virgin Megastore, Piccadilly, November 1987.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Part Time James's Profile Part Time James Online Flag Burgess Hill Today 7.54pm Send a Private Message to Part Time James Add Part Time James as a friend

Originally posted by matt_himself

Apropos of nothing but have you ever put a p**** on your mouth?

No judgement. That sort of thing is super in today's society.

On or in? The latter sounds a bit gay.

 


"Matches don't come any bigger than FA Cup quarter-finals" - Neil Warnock


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 40 of 40 First< 36 37 38 39 40

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Palace Vegans