By becoming a member of the site, you agree to the following rules:
- This message board is for intelligent debate. Semi-literate postings lower the tone of the board and irritate everyone else.
- Excessive use of SMS-style phrases are also banned, eg 2moro, m8, l8rs or U.
- By all means, slag off the club, management and players. But do not slag off this website, other Palace sites and more importantly, your fellow Palace supporters. If you have a problem, email us direct: email@example.com
- If you are offended by a poster's comments, don't reply back with a pointless argument. Email your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can deal with it. Why let the idiots get the satisfaction of seeing you get annoyed? Any postings which may degenerate into slagging matches will also be deleted.
- Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks on the message boards. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.
- By submitting (e.g., uploading) content to The Holmesdale Online message board, you automatically grant The Holmesdale Online the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- Do not post or transmit any content on the messageboard that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous content.
- Do not post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
- Do not upload or transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party. The Holmesdale Online is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Do not use The Holmesdale Online's features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g. excessive shouting [use of all caps] or flooding [continuous posting of repetitive text or topics]).
- If necessary, we will make a complaint with your internet service provider. Should you be posting from a work ISP, your boss will eventually be notified. Similarly from a school/college, where relevant tutors will be informed.
- In the event of an extreme case posts will be passed onto the police. All postings have their IP address logged, so we can track you down.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, Holmesdale Online site moderators.
- Do not create these types of user names (they will be removed).
- Obscene user names
- User names that have TeXt ThAt LoOkS lIkE ThIs!
- Hi-bit ASCII characters (ex: é ä ó). The reason is that these tend to cause problems with the search engine.
Private Message System
- Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks on the private message system. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
Breaking any of the above Rules of Conduct will make your HOL site account subject to immediate banning, or your message deleted, edited or moved. Further the forum moderators may contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) due to the severity of your posts.
The Holmesdale Online retains the rights to exclusively determine what violates any of the above rules.
If you do not agree to all of the above, then do not register or post.