You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Manchester Arena
December 3 2020 6.56am

Manchester Arena

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 42 of 44 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 >

 

View 7mins's Profile 7mins Flag In the bush 25 May 17 2.21pm Send a Private Message to 7mins Add 7mins as a friend

Originally posted by Michaelawt85

No it doesn't and some of its people don't . But show me any holy book or members of any religion who do?

Will find the source but I read ariana Grande left Christianity and went to kabbalah as her brother is homosexual and she didn't like the way it is treated as a sin by the church

Here we are. Apols for it being the mail

[Link]

Edited by Michaelawt85 (25 May 2017 10.12am)


Islam doesn't fit in, you are correct. They also have a problem with violence.... more so than any other religion. If Catholics were blowing up 8 year old girls, I'd be just as damning in my criticism.
Islam doesn't deal well with criticism, in very often responds with violence.

I knew when I criticised Islam, some would say "what about...."
I genuinely can't understand that argument... we all have a moral compass, have the courage to criticise bigotry in all it forms... I criticise the kkk as much as I criticise the amount of crime committed by black youths. I criticise westboro baptist church as much as I criticise Islamic hate preachers. I will never be afraid to speak out against inequality where ever I see it, nor will I be selective in my criticism. Shame on anyone who lacks the moral courage to stand up to nasty/evil regimes/religions/cultures/etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Michaelawt85's Profile Michaelawt85 Flag Bexley 25 May 17 2.39pm Send a Private Message to Michaelawt85 Add Michaelawt85 as a friend

Originally posted by 7mins


Islam doesn't fit in, you are correct. They also have a problem with violence.... more so than any other religion. If Catholics were blowing up 8 year old girls, I'd be just as damning in my criticism.
Islam doesn't deal well with criticism, in very often responds with violence.

I knew when I criticised Islam, some would say "what about...."
I genuinely can't understand that argument... we all have a moral compass, have the courage to criticise bigotry in all it forms... I criticise the kkk as much as I criticise the amount of crime committed by black youths. I criticise westboro baptist church as much as I criticise Islamic hate preachers. I will never be afraid to speak out against inequality where ever I see it, nor will I be selective in my criticism. Shame on anyone who lacks the moral courage to stand up to nasty/evil regimes/religions/cultures/etc.

I get what you are saying. If there was a thread on another religion I would guess you would be on there discussing those particular issues too. You aren't so blind to cherry pick. I get it. Just out of interest nor sure if you commented on it but do you think there is any link between mental health and brainwashing / religious fanataciasm? Interested in your thoughts on it. What is drawing these individuals to do these things. Apologies If you have discussed upthread in which case I will try and find it

 


When I was a young girl my Mother said to me.. You listen here kid you're CPFC

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyh's Profile dannyh Flag wherever I lay my hat....... 25 May 17 3.43pm Send a Private Message to dannyh Add dannyh as a friend

Originally posted by Michaelawt85

I get what you are saying. If there was a thread on another religion I would guess you would be on there discussing those particular issues too. You aren't so blind to cherry pick. I get it. Just out of interest nor sure if you commented on it but do you think there is any link between mental health and brainwashing / religious fanataciasm? Interested in your thoughts on it. What is drawing these individuals to do these things. Apologies If you have discussed upthread in which case I will try and find it

I think in any suicide mental health is am issue. killing yourself to harm othersis just bat s*** mental

 


"It's not the bullet that's got my name on it that concerns me; it's all them other ones flyin' around marked 'To Whom It May Concern.'"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View 7mins's Profile 7mins Flag In the bush 25 May 17 3.49pm Send a Private Message to 7mins Add 7mins as a friend

Originally posted by Michaelawt85

I get what you are saying. If there was a thread on another religion I would guess you would be on there discussing those particular issues too. You aren't so blind to cherry pick. I get it. Just out of interest nor sure if you commented on it but do you think there is any link between mental health and brainwashing / religious fanataciasm? Interested in your thoughts on it. What is drawing these individuals to do these things. Apologies If you have discussed upthread in which case I will try and find it


I think for some there are underlying mental health issues, but if you look at the numbers, it seems unlikely that the 800 who traveled to Syria to fight for Isis all had mental health issues. Or the doctors who tried to blow up Glasgow airport. Personally I think (and it's just a theory) that being indoctrinated in a religion from a young age alters your way of thinking. It stops you developing to a certain extent. If you read a book daily that tells you pretty nasty stuff... it warps what is right or wrong.
I think there's varying degrees of s*** with Islam, from treating fellow Muslims better than non Muslims, to the persecution of gays/women, right up to FGM/honour killings and extremists.
I genuinely think Islam should let women make the decisions for a year, let's see how the patriarchal men like that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View 7mins's Profile 7mins Flag In the bush 25 May 17 3.52pm Send a Private Message to 7mins Add 7mins as a friend

Originally posted by dannyh

I think in any suicide mental health is am issue. killing yourself to harm othersis just bat s*** mental

To you and I, but if you believe you're going to a better place with 72 Virgins... maybe it doesn't seem so bats*** mental. Every single one of us should be comfortable having their ideals/morals challenged.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 25 May 17 4.21pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dannyh

I think in any suicide mental health is am issue. killing yourself to harm othersis just bat s*** mental

It isn't always so simple.

The allies and even us did send soldiers out on what we and they knew were practically suicide missions.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View paperhat's Profile paperhat Flag croydon 26 May 17 11.05am Send a Private Message to paperhat Add paperhat as a friend

Originally posted by 7mins

To you and I, but if you believe you're going to a better place with 72 Virgins... maybe it doesn't seem so bats*** mental. Every single one of us should be comfortable having their ideals/morals challenged.

this whole 72 virgins bit is quite tiring as I don't think anyone has been quoted of late after a terror attack of saying that its what they are expecting when they arrive up there. Where and when has this been quoted/stated of late?

 


Clinton is Clinton. I have known him for a long time, I know his mother... Simon Jordan


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kermit8's Profile Kermit8 Flag Hevon 26 May 17 11.21am Send a Private Message to Kermit8 Add Kermit8 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyh

I think in any suicide mental health is am issue. killing yourself to harm othersis just bat s*** mental

Yep, but apart from the Dignitas type exit-strategy. Totally rational.

 


Big chest and massive boobs

[Link]


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kermit8's Profile Kermit8 Flag Hevon 26 May 17 11.23am Send a Private Message to Kermit8 Add Kermit8 as a friend

Originally posted by paperhat

this whole 72 virgins bit is quite tiring as I don't think anyone has been quoted of late after a terror attack of saying that its what they are expecting when they arrive up there. Where and when has this been quoted/stated of late?

Also, by the time they get to the seventh one and more of 'oooh it hurt's' they'd think 'bollocks to that' go back to the now more experienced first and second and leave the other 68 alone.

They haven't really thought it through, i fear.

 


Big chest and massive boobs

[Link]


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
jamiemartin721 Flag Reading 26 May 17 11.53am

Originally posted by Michaelawt85

No it doesn't and some of its people don't . But show me any holy book or members of any religion who do?

Will find the source but I read ariana Grande left Christianity and went to kabbalah as her brother is homosexual and she didn't like the way it is treated as a sin by the church

Here we are. Apols for it being the mail

[Link]

Edited by Michaelawt85 (25 May 2017 10.12am)


Eastern Religions like Buddhism, ZaZen, Taoism tend to be pretty much along those lines (but arguably most of those texts aren't considered Holy Books in the way the Koran and Bible are - also those religions tend to change more rapidly as they don't focus on a dogmatic approach to faith, but individual spiritual achievement).

Kabbalah is a celebrity fad, cribbed from some of the more interesting mystical aspects of Judaism and stripped of meaning, instead replaced with fad humanism.

I never understood why people would reject the idea of a Religion, and then embrace a different one that makes no more sense.

 


"One Nation Under God, has turned into One Nation Under the Influence of One Drug"
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
jamiemartin721 Flag Reading 26 May 17 11.59am

Originally posted by 7mins

To you and I, but if you believe you're going to a better place with 72 Virgins... maybe it doesn't seem so bats*** mental. Every single one of us should be comfortable having their ideals/morals challenged.

72 total sluts, now that's something I could consider - but it says all you need about Religion that the reward of paradise is to spend eternity with 72 women who are as sexually experienced and knowledgeable as yourself.

Its like crack. The reward you want, for not smoking crack in life, is to have an eternity of smoking crack whenever you want, without any consequences.

So is the 72 virgins actually a reward? Only to the unimaginative and backward thinking people who don't really know much about sex other than 'busting their own nut'.

 


"One Nation Under God, has turned into One Nation Under the Influence of One Drug"
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
bubble wrap Flag Carparks in South East London 26 May 17 12.32pm

Originally posted by Kermit8

Also, by the time they get to the seventh one and more of 'oooh it hurt's' they'd think 'bollocks to that' go back to the now more experienced first and second and leave the other 68 alone.

They haven't really thought it through, i fear.

They favor Virgins because most have a very small p**** and less embarrassing for them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 42 of 44 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Manchester Arena