You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump
December 9 2019 6.26pm

Bias against Trump

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 361 of 390 < 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Aug 19 10.17am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

All whites appear to be rich then.
I'm sure the trailer parks wouldn't agree.

Given the audience he was addressing we all know what he meant and that this was an unfortunate slip of the tongue.

What is truly sad is how the Trump campaign, and the right wing media, jump on such peripheral nonsense, as a way of continuing the character assignation of a possible opposition candidate.

The sooner the Dems settle on their choice and a real comparison based on policy and fitness for office begins the better, because by any measure Trump is the most gaff prone POTUS in my lifetime.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (09 Aug 2019 10.17am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 09 Aug 19 11.04am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Given the audience he was addressing we all know what he meant and that this was an unfortunate slip of the tongue.

What is truly sad is how the Trump campaign, and the right wing media, jump on such peripheral nonsense, as a way of continuing the character assignation of a possible opposition candidate.

The sooner the Dems settle on their choice and a real comparison based on policy and fitness for office begins the better, because by any measure Trump is the most gaff prone POTUS in my lifetime.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (09 Aug 2019 10.17am)

A slip of the tongue.
A man in his position shouldn't have those moments.
A slip of the tongue has had emporers killed and started wars.
Let alone had people arrested for hate crimes etc.
Trump is taken literally so why not everyone.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Aug 19 11.51am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

A slip of the tongue.
A man in his position shouldn't have those moments.
A slip of the tongue has had emporers killed and started wars.
Let alone had people arrested for hate crimes etc.
Trump is taken literally so why not everyone.

Trump "taken literally"?

He is taken to task and then he is ridiculed!

No reasonable observer takes this man literally. They know he is a serial liar who only says what suits his case at the time.

Everyone has "those moments". The real question is the meaning that lies behind them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Aug 19 12.00pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Trump "taken literally"?

He is taken to task and then he is ridiculed!

No reasonable observer takes this man literally. They know he is a serial liar who only says what suits his case at the time.

Everyone has "those moments". The real question is the meaning that lies behind them.

According to oddschecker the best price on Trump winning again is even money. Biden is 7/1. Lots of unreasonable observers seem OK with what he says and how he says it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Aug 19 12.43pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

According to oddschecker the best price on Trump winning again is even money. Biden is 7/1. Lots of unreasonable observers seem OK with what he says and how he says it.

That only goes to show what a truly strange mindset exists in a large subset of US voters, some of who have never been out of their State, let alone know where Europe actually is. Some think that if you favour raising a cent in tax you must be a raving communist.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Aug 19 12.51pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That only goes to show what a truly strange mindset exists in a large subset of US voters, some of who have never been out of their State, let alone know where Europe actually is. Some think that if you favour raising a cent in tax you must be a raving communist.

And yet they’re the people who get to vote. Democracy at work. Americans are often unfairly maligned for their lack of knowledge of the outside world. They live in a country with enough home news to keep them occupied and it’s not as though we’re much better; ask the average person here to name the political parties in Croatia or the currency of Portugal and they wouldn’t have a clue.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Aug 19 1.50pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

And yet they’re the people who get to vote. Democracy at work. Americans are often unfairly maligned for their lack of knowledge of the outside world. They live in a country with enough home news to keep them occupied and it’s not as though we’re much better; ask the average person here to name the political parties in Croatia or the currency of Portugal and they wouldn’t have a clue.


Of course they get to vote and so they should but it explains why such a desperately inappropriate choice as Trump can be shoehorned into the WH by those with malign intentions. The manipulation of the impressionable via social media is now a very serious concern. We need to be very wary of this ourselves in the coming months.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Aug 19 1.59pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Of course they get to vote and so they should but it explains why such a desperately inappropriate choice as Trump can be shoehorned into the WH by those with malign intentions. The manipulation of the impressionable via social media is now a very serious concern. We need to be very wary of this ourselves in the coming months.

That genie is out of the bottle. Social media and identity politics will prevail for the foreseeable future.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Aug 19 2.02pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Of course they get to vote and so they should but it explains why such a desperately inappropriate choice as Trump can be shoehorned into the WH by those with malign intentions. The manipulation of the impressionable via social media is now a very serious concern. We need to be very wary of this ourselves in the coming months.

Of course. Everyone who disagrees with you is stupid.

Narcissism.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 09 Aug 19 2.48pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That only goes to show what a truly strange mindset exists in a large subset of US voters, some of who have never been out of their State, let alone know where Europe actually is. Some think that if you favour raising a cent in tax you must be a raving communist.

It's because Trump is almost certain to to the GOP candidate while Biden is one of maybe 5 possibles for the Dem choice, so by nature of that his odds have to be much larger than Trumps.

I'd say that there are enough factors at play to give Trump a good chance of winning in 2020, and that the shape the economy is in a years time may be the determining factor.

Edited by dollardays (09 Aug 2019 2.49pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Aug 19 3.01pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Of course. Everyone who disagrees with you is stupid.

Narcissism.

That's untrue. There are many who hold opposing views but aren't stupid.

There are though enough people who believe the conspiracy theories that now dominate social media to make the difference.

By no means are all of these on the right. The problem is not the underlying views of the voters but the intentions of those seeking to manipulate those views. Creating division in the USA has clearly worked and that division has been widened via social media activity, much it coming from malign sources. Who benefits from divisions in the western democracies? Who seeks more power and influence in world affairs? Who can profit from this? Why would any politician turn a blind eye to it?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 09 Aug 19 3.32pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That's untrue. There are many who hold opposing views but aren't stupid.

There are though enough people who believe the conspiracy theories that now dominate social media to make the difference.

By no means are all of these on the right. The problem is not the underlying views of the voters but the intentions of those seeking to manipulate those views. Creating division in the USA has clearly worked and that division has been widened via social media activity, much it coming from malign sources. Who benefits from divisions in the western democracies? Who seeks more power and influence in world affairs? Who can profit from this? Why would any politician turn a blind eye to it?

The division has been widened by circumstances.
Identity politics is a symptom of minorities trying to assert themselves and the majority seeing that this spells trouble for them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 361 of 390 < 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump