You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > What a JOKE this season . First FDB now Freedman
June 24 2024 4.52pm

What a JOKE this season . First FDB now Freedman

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 16 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 22 Aug 17 11.12am Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

Not too often I post....been a Palace supporter for 50 years...so been through all the ups and downs in that time.

However, surely it makes sense to just give Frank a chance to succeed and prove his system can work. After 10-12 games you would hope that his team would be settled and his system imbedded.

If after this time we have not won a game and things are looking gloomy - then we need to act.

I guess all I'm really saying is that we have to continue to support the team and just get behind everything the management are trying to achieve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Aug 17 11.19am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by VinceHilaire

Not too often I post....been a Palace supporter for 50 years...so been through all the ups and downs in that time.

However, surely it makes sense to just give Frank a chance to succeed and prove his system can work. After 10-12 games you would hope that his team would be settled and his system imbedded.

If after this time we have not won a game and things are looking gloomy - then we need to act.

I guess all I'm really saying is that we have to continue to support the team and just get behind everything the management are trying to achieve.

I agree with the general thrust of these sentiments.
I am also a long-time supporter, having supported the club since the 60s !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View RDWEagle's Profile RDWEagle Flag 22 Aug 17 11.29am Send a Private Message to RDWEagle Add RDWEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Croydonlad

Most already know about my thoughts on FDB and his ridiculous change of system without the p[layers to carry it out
Now today we have the appointment of Dougie Freedman.
I don't care about how he left the club back in 2012 , thats football and everyone is out for themselves , clubs and employees included
What I DO CARE about is that this appointment of a VERY AVERAGE CHAMPIONSHIP manager has clearly been put in place so that Freedman can replace FDB when he fails , as he will do , probably before christmas time .
The first few weeks speaks bucket loads of the ambition of Parish and the club . Clearly FDB was the only manager available that was going to accept the limited budget , and in doing so said that he wanted to change style . In not having funds definitely speeded up Big Sam's retirement and definitely left Tony Pulis feeling less than confident .
So here we are , bottom of the table , a team in confusion , manager without a clue ,no transfer budget , and a sporting director who's managed a championship side for a season and half.
What a joke
This time next year , Freedman will be manager , we will be in the Championship .

Nah I don't even care if I get red carded or whatever but I've got to say. You my friend are a f***ing moron, it's precisely melodramatic, glass always empty moaners like yourself that are the reason I look at this website once every three odd months now. I don't even want to fuel this f***ing nonsense, our current manager a world renowned and respected coach has had TWO GAMES, get a grip pal and get behind your club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View simlaboy's Profile simlaboy Flag coulsdon 22 Aug 17 11.51am Send a Private Message to simlaboy Add simlaboy as a friend

Well said , that man

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Southampton_Eagle's Profile Southampton_Eagle Flag At the after party 22 Aug 17 12.01pm Send a Private Message to Southampton_Eagle Add Southampton_Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by mixed nuts

But, he got his final debate totally correct didn't he and we were all left shaking our heads in disbelief that we had killed him, I remembert it all too well, he was thoroughly entertaining for me ..even as much as that chap who adored Bruce the Springsteen.

Doggy Out!

*edit* So who did you used to be then?


Edited by Southampton_Eagle (22 Aug 2017 12.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 22 Aug 17 12.16pm

Originally posted by VinceHilaire

Not too often I post....been a Palace supporter for 50 years...so been through all the ups and downs in that time.

However, surely it makes sense to just give Frank a chance to succeed and prove his system can work. After 10-12 games you would hope that his team would be settled and his system imbedded.

If after this time we have not won a game and things are looking gloomy - then we need to act.

I guess all I'm really saying is that we have to continue to support the team and just get behind everything the management are trying to achieve.

Bang on mate. He hasn't even completed his transfer dealings yet and we're starting to get linked with the type of players that can work in this system. Whoever is getting on his case already are clearly not all there and fans that we could quite frankly do without.

Edited by Brentmiester_General (22 Aug 2017 12.19pm)

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 22 Aug 17 12.19pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Brentmiester_General

Bang in mate. He hasn't even completed his transfer dealings yet and we're starting to get linked with the type of players that can work in this system. Whoever is getting in his case already are clearly not all all there and fans that we could quite frankly do without.

With respect we were being linked with players even before Freedman was appointed.
It's not as if the club were doing nothing about trying to bolster the squad.

Besides, who knows what role Freedman have with transfers ? Supporters have no idea as to his 'Terms of reference'.

Edited by Willo (22 Aug 2017 12.26pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 22 Aug 17 12.40pm

Originally posted by Willo

With respect we were being linked with players even before Freedman was appointed.
It's not as if the club were doing nothing about trying to bolster the squad.

Besides, who knows what role Freedman have with transfers ? Supporters have no idea as to his 'Terms of reference'.

Edited by Willo (22 Aug 2017 12.26pm)

With respect, I wasn't talking about Freedman Willo old chap

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 22 Aug 17 2.35pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by RDWEagle

I don't even care if I get red carded or whatever but I've got to say. You my friend are a f***ing moron, it's precisely melodramatic, glass always empty moaners like yourself that are the reason I look at this website once every three odd months now. I don't even want to fuel this f***ing nonsense, our current manager a world renowned and respected coach has had TWO GAMES, get a grip pal and get behind your club.

Then why did you

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 22 Aug 17 2.48pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have 3 season tickets and have been a season ticket holder for the vast majority of the last 45 years. I do not like what I see on the pitch so far this season (and pre season). I don't care too much for the permanent signing we have made so far this summer. I like the 2 loan signings and hope we have buy options at the end of their loans.
It is early days, but the initial post on this thread pretty much sums up my views,
Sakho is by far and away the best defender that has played for Palace in many a year (if not the best defender I have ever seen play for the club). We should have bitten the bullet and paid the price. Instead we buy Reidewald for the best part of 10 mil and maybe Wimmer for 15 mil. Neither is the finished article and neither may make the grade. Sakho proved his class last season. We have made a big mistake.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
wordup Flag 22 Aug 17 3.37pm

There's plenty of time to right to ship. Not an ideal start though I get that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 22 Aug 17 3.37pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have 3 season tickets and have been a season ticket holder for the vast majority of the last 45 years. I do not like what I see on the pitch so far this season (and pre season). I don't care too much for the permanent signing we have made so far this summer. I like the 2 loan signings and hope we have buy options at the end of their loans.
It is early days, but the initial post on this thread pretty much sums up my views,
Sakho is by far and away the best defender that has played for Palace in many a year (if not the best defender I have ever seen play for the club). We should have bitten the bullet and paid the price. Instead we buy Reidewald for the best part of 10 mil and maybe Wimmer for 15 mil. Neither is the finished article and neither may make the grade. Sakho proved his class last season. We have made a big mistake.

On the other hand. If we buy winner (an Austrian international), for 15m. We have already bought ridewald who has huge potential for 8m. That's 2 very good signings, for 23m with 7m left to buy another player, fir what we would have to pay for sakho. Pitting all your eggs in one basket is nit always the best thing to do. We could buy sakho and he could get injured first game. 30m is just too much.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 16 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > What a JOKE this season . First FDB now Freedman