You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread
August 22 2019 2.57pm

The Roy Hodgson thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 107 of 108 < 103 104 105 106 107 108 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

ChrisGC Flag Wantage 25 May 19 1.11am

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Donít flatter yourself. Youíre a gobby attention seeker who has only been to six games this season and compared us to Barcelona.

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (25 May 2019 12.58am)

Wahey, here he is, triple R.

Writes about attention seekers at half midnight whilst commenting on an exchange long finished that he's got nothing to do with without a hint of irony!

What a chilly night under the stars you're in for now you've put that stone through your glass roof...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View blackheatheagle's Profile blackheatheagle Flag Blackheath 25 May 19 6.07am Send a Private Message to blackheatheagle Add blackheatheagle as a friend

Originally posted by rollercoaster

The arguments I've heard so far fundamentally comes down to:
1) Do we spend money we do not have on players that can play 'positive' football and go for Boom or Bust.
or
2) Do we try to play 'positive' football with the players we have.
or
3) Sell our soul to some uninterested Billionaire
or
4) Do we continue to play cautiously, sometimes grinding out the points.

My considered opinion is that we have already tried 1) and gone broke and tried 2) Pardewed and nearly been relegated. Personally I hate the idea of 3)

I think 4) is the only viable option for the foreseeable future and Hodgson is the best we can get to achieve that. I have not heard anyone propose a viable alternative.

Maybe a pinch of actions from 1),2) and 4)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 25 May 19 9.54am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Wahey, here he is, triple R.

Writes about attention seekers at half midnight whilst commenting on an exchange long finished that he's got nothing to do with without a hint of irony!

What a chilly night under the stars you're in for now you've put that stone through your glass roof...

It's a forum in a public domain - your words - so why shouldn't he comment ?

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rollercoaster's Profile rollercoaster Flag Cornwall 25 May 19 10.29am Send a Private Message to rollercoaster Add rollercoaster as a friend

Originally posted by blackheatheagle

Maybe a pinch of actions from 1),2) and 4)

For me we have done just that and Hodgson has got it about right. Of course the players could have converted more of the chances created and then we would have seen more positivity.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 25 May 19 11.30am

Originally posted by NEILLO

It's a forum in a public domain - your words - so why shouldn't he comment ?

My apologies. Of course he's got every right to open his hole and get embarrassed in response, even if all he's got to contribute is insults.

Crack on lads.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View regpaddock's Profile regpaddock Flag Suffolk 03 Jun 19 8.16am Send a Private Message to regpaddock Add regpaddock as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'S who replaces Roy?' by bexleydave

Great manager obviously, but only one season left. So who replaces him?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 03 Jun 19 8.56am

Originally posted by regpaddock

This post has been merged from a topic called 'S who replaces Roy?' by bexleydave

Great manager obviously, but only one season left. So who replaces him?

Lampard.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 03 Jun 19 10.17am Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by rollercoaster

For me we have done just that and Hodgson has got it about right. Of course the players could have converted more of the chances created and then we would have seen more positivity.

totally agree.
Won our most league games, scored our highest number of goals and acheived our most points in a season since being promoted. Not forgetting that we beat the champs in their own ground!

For me we were just missing that clinical striker for most of the season and if we'd had that or converted more of our many chances at home then we'd been top half.

I think that had we beat the Weed and one other at home then we'd all be saying what a brilliant season.

I think Roy's done a great job especially as he's had limited funds to spend since he's been here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 03 Jun 19 10.26am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Lampard.

Has only had a solitary season as a manager and that in the Championship.

Indeed Derby reached the play-offs but they finished in 6th place which was the same position they finished the previous season and attained a point less than the previous season.

Edited by Willo (03 Jun 2019 10.27am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View regpaddock's Profile regpaddock Flag Suffolk 03 Jun 19 10.51am Send a Private Message to regpaddock Add regpaddock as a friend

Is our next manager already at the club?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 03 Jun 19 2.31pm

Originally posted by Willo

Has only had a solitary season as a manager and that in the Championship.

Indeed Derby reached the play-offs but they finished in 6th place which was the same position they finished the previous season and attained a point less than the previous season.


Edited by Willo (03 Jun 2019 10.27am)

Competitive league. Did they beat Man Utd and Southampton and get to the playoff final last season?

He plays positive football, is well connected, brings on youth and has the brain. I can see him doing well, call it a ground floor appointment.

Edited by ChrisGC (03 Jun 2019 2.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ian-VI's Profile Ian-VI Online Flag Vicenza 03 Jun 19 3.56pm Send a Private Message to Ian-VI Add Ian-VI as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Competitive league. Did they beat Man Utd and Southampton and get to the playoff final last season?

He plays positive football, is well connected, brings on youth and has the brain. I can see him doing well, call it a ground floor appointment.

Edited by ChrisGC (03 Jun 2019 2.32pm)


The truth is that Klopp plays positive football, and never won anything with Liverpool.
This time, he switched to Roy's mode, and won the Cup...

 


The best footie management game: [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 107 of 108 < 103 104 105 106 107 108 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread