You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread
March 20 2019 11.06pm

The Roy Hodgson thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 42 of 56 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 10 Mar 19 11.16am Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Why would he have gone if he was any other manager?
When he took over and before he had settled in we were
soon W0 D0 L7 and no goals. Every pundit and newspaper in the country had us relegated but Roy kept us up against the odds. This season the only "striker" that he had available was Ayew. We win at Man City, draw at Man Utd and give Liverpool a scare. We've just had a two game winning away run scoring 7 with only 2 against.

But yet you and other eejits want him sacked. Just be bleddy careful what you wish for!!


Edited by PZ Eagle (10 Mar 2019 11.08am)

So what because we beat Man City and got a draw at united and LOST to Liverpool (all away), these 3 games are enough to mask over the fact we have won 3 games at home all season, scored 6 goals in open play one of which was an own goal? Tactically he is lost at Selhurst. You need to have more ambition in my opinion and stop being such an apologist and defeatist. . If you are trying to tell me someone else could not have done better this season than Roy I think you are wrong. This was his season to move on and progress or at least show he is capable of progression. He is stuck and does not have the answers to this problem. It will Groundhog Day again against Huddersfield.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 10 Mar 19 11.29am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Overlaps in wide areas and getting men in the box. Quicker tempo. Constant questions asked of the centre halfs. Excite the crowd through positive actions.
It worked for Brighton, one situation that Tompkins had to deal with and he f***ed up! In other words make them work for their pay. Side to side passing in midfield is no threat whatsoever.

What worked for Brighton was a hopeful punt upfield where Murray had time and space following Tompkin's error. In other words, it was on the break. Still a top finish though.

I agree with you about a quicker tempo and I thought that was where it all went wrong yesterday, the ball wasn't moved quickly enough. But that's the sort of difference provided by the top players - they have the ability to play at pace and in tight situations.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Online Flag Penzance 10 Mar 19 11.53am Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

So what because we beat Man City and got a draw at united and LOST to Liverpool (all away), these 3 games are enough to mask over the fact we have won 3 games at home all season, scored 6 goals in open play one of which was an own goal? Tactically he is lost at Selhurst. You need to have more ambition in my opinion and stop being such an apologist and defeatist. . If you are trying to tell me someone else could not have done better this season than Roy I think you are wrong. This was his season to move on and progress or at least show he is capable of progression. He is stuck and does not have the answers to this problem. It will Groundhog Day again against Huddersfield.

OK tell me who could do better. Is he available and would he come to Palace? Please don't say Wagner or Ill split my sides laughing. You say I'm defeatist yet you are already conceding defeat against Huddersfield.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 10 Mar 19 11.53am Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

For a team who pride ourselves inon our wide play, how many times did we get it wide and put a good cross into the box yesterday. While I don't think batasuAi is the answer to our scoring problems, the service into him is s**t.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 10 Mar 19 12.00pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

What worked for Brighton was a hopeful punt upfield where Murray had time and space following Tompkin's error. In other words, it was on the break. Still a top finish though.

I agree with you about a quicker tempo and I thought that was where it all went wrong yesterday, the ball wasn't moved quickly enough. But that's the sort of difference provided by the top players - they have the ability to play at pace and in tight situations.

Agreed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 10 Mar 19 12.31pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

On the topic of our home form.
3 home wins all season.
4 Draws
4 goals from open play. 1 own goal. The rest are penalties.

We can't score and don't look threatening.
Teams know that if they can get a get a goal they are more than likely to get 3 points. Soaking up pressure against us is easy as we just pass the ball around in front of the oposition and take pot shots.

When the oposition have scored at Selhurst we have picked up 2 points all season.
Brighton did just that yesterday.

Yet it's the same old tactics, starting line up, and substitutes every week.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 10 Mar 19 12.35pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

OK tell me who could do better. Is he available and would he come to Palace? Please don't say Wagner or Ill split my sides laughing. You say I'm defeatist yet you are already conceding defeat against Huddersfield.

Fans are allowed to question Roy Hodgson and not have an intimate knowledge of every manager in the world.

Perhaps there is a really good manager in some country in the world, and we have never heard of him, but he could come in and do a job? Itís not too hard to imagine is it PZ? Had you heard of Southamptonís manager before he landed in England?

This is the same exact argument people have made for years about Parish, with the chairman it actually has more credibility as some of them are bananas. However we can still assume a better chairman might not have hired FDB, sold Murray etc.

You cannot argue the facts - Roy is unwilling or unable to make us competitive at home with his team selections and tactical setup.

There are no longer any excuses for having the second worst home record in the league. The players we have are better than the second worst home record in the league.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Thorney, Cambs 10 Mar 19 12.41pm Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

On the topic of our home form.
3 home wins all season.
4 Draws
4 goals from open play. 1 own goal. The rest are penalties.

We can't score and don't look threatening.
Teams know that if they can get a get a goal they are more than likely to get 3 points. Soaking up pressure against us is easy as we just pass the ball around in front of the oposition and take pot shots.

When the oposition have scored at Selhurst we have picked up 2 points all season.
Brighton did just that yesterday.

Yet it's the same old tactics, starting line up, and substitutes every week.

Nail on the Head .. need to change it up at home ..3-5-2 ? Something at least. Pva should of been subbed at half time , a mare of a game, the midfield were clueless, and one up front against a big defence, zero chance, I could see it after 10 min and I know very little, compared to Roy ..

Ffs that game was screaming out for 2 big guys up front, Sako muscle on the wing and Kayoute in midfield. Cabaye would of taken out that t*** after his challenge on Milo and not one of our team went near him. Soft as s***.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 10 Mar 19 12.43pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

On the topic of our home form.
3 home wins all season.
4 Draws
4 goals from open play. 1 own goal. The rest are penalties.

We can't score and don't look threatening.
Teams know that if they can get a get a goal they are more than likely to get 3 points. Soaking up pressure against us is easy as we just pass the ball around in front of the oposition and take pot shots.

When the oposition have scored at Selhurst we have picked up 2 points all season.
Brighton did just that yesterday.

Yet it's the same old tactics, starting line up, and substitutes every week.

F me that is embarrassing. That is in 15 games.

One of those was a fluke by MacArthur who was trying to cross it versus Burnley. Another was a worldie from Andros in the same game. Luka vs Leicester was from outside of the box. Only 1 tap in which was from Schlupp against Fulham after Michyís turn and shot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radsyrendot's Profile radsyrendot Flag From Coventry now in Leicester 10 Mar 19 12.46pm Send a Private Message to radsyrendot Add radsyrendot as a friend

[Link]

A good read and true

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Online Flag Penzance 10 Mar 19 12.51pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Nail on the Head .. need to change it up at home ..3-5-2 ? Something at least. Pva should of been subbed at half time , a mare of a game, the midfield were clueless, and one up front against a big defence, zero chance, I could see it after 10 min and I know very little, compared to Roy ..

Ffs that game was screaming out for 2 big guys up front, Sako muscle on the wing and Kayoute in midfield. Cabaye would of taken out that t*** after his challenge on Milo and not one of our team went near him. Soft as s***.

A short time ago posters on here were against Schlupp being moved to left back. Who else, apart from Papa, is a left back. Ward and Kelly ere not left backs.

I find this "lets clobber their players" argument pathetic. This forum goes into melt down when other teams do it to us. Do we really want a cloggers reputation.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilesy01's Profile Wilesy01 Flag Bristol 10 Mar 19 12.57pm Send a Private Message to Wilesy01 Add Wilesy01 as a friend

Not convinced Roy knows how to play attacking football on the front foot.

Given we've spent relatively a lot of money on our team to find ourselves struggling to win home games and to score goals isn't really good enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 42 of 56 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread