You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Connor Wickham Thread
August 20 2019 6.36am

The Connor Wickham Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 21 of 32 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 May 19 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Goodbye Connor Wickham' by bexleydave

Originally posted by Bangell

Are we putting him into a care home?

Probably that one on the tv where all the men are having a great time on the beers, before slumping to the armchair before the family arrive.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 19 3.06pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Parish may as well have just taken 10 mil out of the bank and burnt it. That is the value we got out of Connor. Whilst he was there he may as well have taken another 30 mil out and flushed it down the loo for the value we have had out of Benteke.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 03 May 19 3.42pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

However the counter argument is some of our other players must have provided good value given our continued premier league status. Bentekes goal in his first season went a long way to seeing us safe. Granted not much since. Wickham was a very poor piece of business. Nuff said

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 19 6.08pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

However the counter argument is some of our other players must have provided good value given our continued premier league status. Bentekes goal in his first season went a long way to seeing us safe. Granted not much since. Wickham was a very poor piece of business. Nuff said

Some - yes. Tomkins good value, Milo good value, Townsend decent, Sakho a little overpriced, PVA ok but off form, Schlupp probably too expensive, Guaita about right. Bissaka, Zaha home grown so good. Jimmy Mac fine, Meyer jury's out. Kouyate seems ok. Kelly, Ward, Dann about right.
Further wastage - Sako never played, Rakip - what?, Jack - WTF, Reidewald - gaining weight, Ayew - not up to it.
There are others but getting peed off thinking about it.
Interesting that when you look at this list, it is mostly our original players that are still the core of the team. Plenty of recent transfers have not been good value.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 May 19 8.08pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Some - yes. Tomkins good value, Milo good value, Townsend decent, Sakho a little overpriced, PVA ok but off form, Schlupp probably too expensive, Guaita about right. Bissaka, Zaha home grown so good. Jimmy Mac fine, Meyer jury's out. Kouyate seems ok. Kelly, Ward, Dann about right.
Further wastage - Sako never played, Rakip - what?, Jack - WTF, Reidewald - gaining weight, Ayew - not up to it.
There are others but getting peed off thinking about it.
Interesting that when you look at this list, it is mostly our original players that are still the core of the team. Plenty of recent transfers have not been good value.

Originals from when? Only Wilf and Ward left from promotion. Dann and Hennessey from halfway in prem season 1, Jimmy Mac and Martin Kelly from prem season 2. That’s it I think.

Only 2 of those are regulars. Wilf and Jimmy Mac.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 19 9.05pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Originals from when? Only Wilf and Ward left from promotion. Dann and Hennessey from halfway in prem season 1, Jimmy Mac and Martin Kelly from prem season 2. That’s it I think.

Only 2 of those are regulars. Wilf and Jimmy Mac.

Wilf and Wan Bissaka from the youth and when you add in the others from promotion and our first couple of seasons in the premier League you get half of our starting side.
I also don't think many would disagree that Wilf and AWB are our best players. So the two from our own academy have ended up our most important players. That is relatively interesting, considering we have had a couple of big transfers.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag The toppermost of the poppermost 04 May 19 12.04pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by KAOS

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Goodbye Connor Wickham' by bexleydave

Ominous but tbf the lads made of glass. Such a shame as underneath all the bandages there's a proper player there ... could have been massive for us IMO. Feel for him ...

Absolutely agree. When fit, he was absolute class for us. A real shame.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 04 May 19 12.13pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

only 25 y/o still.

we should keep with him, has the ability to be a decent PL striker, no point in just f***ing him off somewhere else.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 04 May 19 12.14pm Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Some - yes. Tomkins good value, Milo good value, Townsend decent, Sakho a little overpriced, PVA ok but off form, Schlupp probably too expensive, Guaita about right. Bissaka, Zaha home grown so good. Jimmy Mac fine, Meyer jury's out. Kouyate seems ok. Kelly, Ward, Dann about right.
Further wastage - Sako never played, Rakip - what?, Jack - WTF, Reidewald - gaining weight, Ayew - not up to it.
There are others but getting peed off thinking about it.
Interesting that when you look at this list, it is mostly our original players that are still the core of the team. Plenty of recent transfers have not been good value.

Didn't we get him on a free. I'd call that great value..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 04 May 19 12.42pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Didn't we get him on a free. I'd call that great value..

I thought there was a fee but transfermarket says a free so fair enough. I think he's a decent keeper. Hopefully he won't do a Mandanda.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 04 May 19 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Wilf and Wan Bissaka from the youth and when you add in the others from promotion and our first couple of seasons in the premier League you get half of our starting side.
I also don't think many would disagree that Wilf and AWB are our best players. So the two from our own academy have ended up our most important players. That is relatively interesting, considering we have had a couple of big transfers.

That’s because we’re currently playing a few from the 2nd 11. First 11 is:

1. If Hennessey fair enough but he’s 50/50.

2. AWB. No. I don’t count him as an original.
3. PVA. No. Allardyce signing. Season 4
5. Tomkins. No. Pardew signing in season 3.
6. Sakho. No. Allardyce/FDB erm/Parish signing. Season 4/5.

4. Luca. No. Allardyce signing. Season 4
7. Townsend. Pardew signing. Season 3.
8. Jimmy Mac. Yes. Season 2 Warnock signing
10. Kouyate/Schlupp or any other midfielder. No

9. Benteke. No. Pardew signing in season 3.
11. Wilf. Yes

We’re completing season 6. THE team has evolved over time, as it should. We’d be in problems otherwise. Some of the longer term players have been here for backup or become backup, which we’ve needed.

I make you right that there’s no signings from the last 2 seasons playing regularly apart from Sakho. The closest is kouyate and I’d be surprised if he’s started near half of the matches. Last year it would’ve been RLC. This season it wasn’t Meyer.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (04 May 2019 1.09pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 04 May 19 12.59pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Didn't we get him on a free. I'd call that great value..

Jury’s our on him. Prem managers are ruthless. If they target his aerial weakness next season successfully then he won’t be great value. We’ll see.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 21 of 32 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Connor Wickham Thread