You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Fans have let the club down this season aswell
November 26 2020 7.40am

Fans have let the club down this season aswell

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 26 Oct 17 9.36am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Dangermouse

I'm actually embarrassed by some of the reactions on here and thought I was the only one. Glad to see others feel the same. I'm as frustrated with Palace as I've ever been, but I haven't lost all sense of perspective like others appear to have.

At matches does anyone really believe abusing players will actually make them play better? Moans and groans you can live with, but abuse?

Only came back on after Chelsea from a short exile. The positivity from that has already gone, so it's back into exile I think.

In the words of KC and the Sunshine Band, “Please don’t go” DM. We need more voices of reason on here.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Oct 17 9.48am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by YT

In the words of KC and the Sunshine Band, “Please don’t go” DM. We need more voices of reason on here.

It's all very well in the 'Cold light of day' saying we should get behind the team, never dare to express feelings in a negative fashion and all that pilaver but as we all know it is very different when one is at the game and things are not going well, especially against the backdrop of our current plight and results spreading over from the back end of last season.

Football generates passion amongst supporters and it is shown in different ways with frustrations and disappointments coming to the fore.I am not advocating abusing players or using 'Industrial Language' but I can understand why sometimes feelings run high resulting in a toxic atmosphere.It is to be expected.
Passion is demonstrated in different ways both positive and negative.


Edited by Willo (26 Oct 2017 9.49am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpfc sam's Profile cpfc sam Flag Cheam 26 Oct 17 9.51am Send a Private Message to cpfc sam Add cpfc sam as a friend

Originally posted by Lyons550


Been saying it since last season...when we get behind the team like Chelski it lifts their performance..but too many fans expect the team to give us something to cheer for....the team are lost and need us to give them direction and the foundation to improve from...but seeing what most of our current fanbase are like we're too selfish to do so

Too selfish to do so, as if!? Think you'll find the majority of the games the atmosphere always starts off well in the first 5-10 minutes then tails off after we concede.. which is every single game in the league this season. Then throw in the fact we've only scored in one league game so far. I'm all for supporting the team but to call us fans 'selfish' is a joke.

It was easy to get behind the team against Chelsea as we were dominating them, the same kind of performance on Saturday and you'll see a similar atmosphere.

 


See the world in red
and blue

Ah the memories - palace vid [Link]

19/12/2006-I was there.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 26 Oct 17 10.04am Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Sadly this reads like a metaphor for how the world has become. I’m going to call it “The age of expectation and aggrievement”. Turn on the average (so-called) news programme, and after a few headlines about Trump, Brexit, some people being blown up, we then get in to a string of “aggrievement” stories - “not fair”, “not enough money spent on me/us/my cause”, “I/we deserve better” etc etc.

I was brought up to expect nothing from anyone that I didn’t work for; to deserve nothing that I didn’t earn; and to be grateful for what I received.


Spot on...most are too thick to realise that we're part of the problem!


Edited by Lyons550 (26 Oct 2017 10.05am)

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Oct 17 10.06am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

The thread title says fans have let the club down.
It is the players who have let the fans and club down by their abject performances.
No excuses for 1 win in 9 games with the first goal of the season being an OG and coming in the 8th game.
But credit to them for the unexpected Chelsea win.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 26 Oct 17 10.10am Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

It's all very well in the 'Cold light of day' saying we should get behind the team, never dare to express feelings in a negative fashion and all that pilaver but as we all know it is very different when one is at the game and things are not going well, especially against the backdrop of our current plight and results spreading over from the back end of last season.

Football generates passion amongst supporters and it is shown in different ways with frustrations and disappointments coming to the fore.I am not advocating abusing players or using 'Industrial Language' but I can understand why sometimes feelings run high resulting in a toxic atmosphere.It is to be expected.
Passion is demonstrated in different ways both positive and negative.

Edited by Willo (26 Oct 2017 9.49am)


No ones saying not to express their feelings...but do so away from the 90mins that matter and shape the 'feelings' until the mext game...for that 90mins we need to be a team both on and off the pitch...it's what got us up, it's what got us lots of plaudits in the 18months after and for when it happened for the first time in over a year against Chelski it was noted in the media...so why oh why do people think that negativity at the match will change things? Has it EVER?

There are plenty of forums to whinge on and let off steam...but that 90mins is the ONLY time things can be addressed and most of us use it instead to slaughter people rather than support them.

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 26 Oct 17 10.18am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Lyons550


No ones saying not to express their feelings...but do so away from the 90mins that matter and shape the 'feelings' until the mext game...for that 90mins we need to be a team both on and off the pitch...it's what got us up, it's what got us lots of plaudits in the 18months after and for when it happened for the first time in over a year against Chelski it was noted in the media...so why oh why do people think that negativity at the match will change things? Has it EVER?

There are plenty of forums to whinge on and let off steam...but that 90mins is the ONLY time things can be addressed and most of us use it instead to slaughter people rather than support them.

Yes I get all this but the reality is that when one is at a game it is totally unrealistic to expect supporters not to vent their frustrations in negative fashion.

Supporters in the hurly burly of a match situation do not pause to think "Cannot be negative it will change nothing" they express their feelings with passion and verve.This is the reality, always has been, always will be.

In saying this I am certainly not advocating hurling personal abuse at players.

Edited by Willo (26 Oct 2017 10.20am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 26 Oct 17 10.28am Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Yes I get all this but the reality is that when one is at a game it is totally unrealistic to expect supporters not to vent their frustrations in negative fashion.

Supporters in the hurly burly of a match situation do not pause to think "Cannot be negative it will change nothing" they express their feelings with passion and verve.This is the reality, always has been, always will be.

In saying this I am certainly not advocating hurling personal abuse at players.

Edited by Willo (26 Oct 2017 10.20am)


Then i would simply say...we're reaping what we sow...it really is quite straight forward.

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elis Ashley's Profile Elis Ashley Flag Motspur Park 26 Oct 17 10.29am Send a Private Message to Elis Ashley Add Elis Ashley as a friend

Times change, the generations change.
I was at Anfield the night we lost 9-0......9-0, let that sink in.....
And yet we were singing.....ok it was "Score in a minute, we're going to score in a minute" but I cannot remember abuse being hurled.
Then again, the performance on Tuesday was, for 45 minutes, possibly the most dispirited I've ever seen. I've seen disjointed often enough, desperate many times and a few that were diabolical but dispirited has been rare.
They don't make fans like they used to......

 


Winning isn't everything. Without the defeats we would not value the victories. Still, it's a shame we can't play Chelsea every week.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 26 Oct 17 11.07am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

It's all very well in the 'Cold light of day' saying we should get behind the team, never dare to express feelings in a negative fashion and all that pilaver but as we all know it is very different when one is at the game and things are not going well, especially against the backdrop of our current plight and results spreading over from the back end of last season.

Football generates passion amongst supporters and it is shown in different ways with frustrations and disappointments coming to the fore.I am not advocating abusing players or using 'Industrial Language' but I can understand why sometimes feelings run high resulting in a toxic atmosphere.It is to be expected.
Passion is demonstrated in different ways both positive and negative.


Edited by Willo (26 Oct 2017 9.49am)

Valid arguments, Willo, but I don’t quite ‘get’ why you linked your comments to my post. I merely urged Dangermouse not to give up on HOL, as a valued contributor.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View WoodcoteEagle's Profile WoodcoteEagle Flag Epsom 26 Oct 17 11.38am Send a Private Message to WoodcoteEagle Add WoodcoteEagle as a friend

Like others in this thread, I rarely chip in - too busy taking in others' views. There is an old saying "you're not IN a traffic jam, you ARE the traffic jam". We have a couple of right old moaners in our team and their moaning has never motivated anyone, they end up never receiving a pass. The beauty of football is its passion and yes fans are entitled to their views and yes that will spill out in a game as moans and groans but abusing the players in a match will never help and and will distract the players that are performing. Lack of effort is the 'worst crime' on the pitch IMO but lets keep some perspective and save the expressions of frustration for the the appropriate place and time.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 26 Oct 17 11.38am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by cpfc sam

Too selfish to do so, as if!? Think you'll find the majority of the games the atmosphere always starts off well in the first 5-10 minutes then tails off after we concede.. which is every single game in the league this season. Then throw in the fact we've only scored in one league game so far. I'm all for supporting the team but to call us fans 'selfish' is a joke.

It was easy to get behind the team against Chelsea as we were dominating them, the same kind of performance on Saturday and you'll see a similar atmosphere.

This is how it starts every home match tbf.

How many of the supporters complaining about supporters moaning actually sing themselves? How many of those who dislike my calls for normal squad preparation sing? I bet it's far from all of you.

The Huddersfield booing was pretty bad though it has to be said, even though the team selection was beyond a fvcking insult to our intelligence and football watching experience.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Fans have let the club down this season aswell