You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sexual Harrassment
December 11 2017 11.15am

Sexual Harrassment

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 31 Oct 17 9.15am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

I was 23 when I went to A&E with a nasty wasp sting on my arm.
The female nurse took me to a cubicle , removed my trousers and pants and groped me chestnuts "to check for swelling". Never saw her again

At work in 2001, whilst getting lost driving back from Ipswich, a female colleague passenger suggested we do an overnighter and charge it to company expenses. We found our way back immediately.

Then on Saturday at our village bonfire evening, a woman comes up to me and wraps her arms around me and says she is staying with me this evening. She smelled strongly of vodka.
My wife was only 5 metres away, so I declined. But her boyfriend was standing next to me (ginger-bearded short-@r5e) and he looked up-for-it. One of those "what if?" moments

Do I have a legal claim in any of these cases ?

 


cannot think of anything profound, witty, or pseudo-intellectual to put here. fck it!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 31 Oct 17 9.20am Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Id suggest if none of these were an Actor, MP or Media it wouldnt be worth bringing up..

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 31 Oct 17 9.37am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Lyons550

Id suggest if none of these were an Actor, MP or Media it wouldnt be worth bringing up..

If the bonfire night proposal involved Antony Worrall-Thompson then there'll be press interest.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 31 Oct 17 9.37am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

This Summer I was dressed as a pirate, and minding my own business, this woman comes up to me and kisses me on the lips.

Should I sue,. . or just be grateful ?

 


cannot think of anything profound, witty, or pseudo-intellectual to put here. fck it!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 31 Oct 17 9.42am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

And last week I was dog walking, when the land-lady of a local pub says I am "getting a reputation for meeting ladies whilst our dog walking"

Getting old means clutching at straws

 


cannot think of anything profound, witty, or pseudo-intellectual to put here. fck it!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 31 Oct 17 9.53am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

And last week I was dog walking, when the land-lady of a local pub says I am "getting a reputation for meeting ladies whilst our dog walking"

Getting old means clutching at straws

You've misunderstood the term 'dogging.'

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 31 Oct 17 10.03am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Then on Saturday at our village bonfire evening, a woman comes up to me and wraps her arms around me and says she is staying with me this evening. She smelled strongly of vodka.

I thought that one of the advantages of vodka was that it didn't leave a smell on one's breath

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fish mitten's Profile fish mitten Flag Chelmsford 31 Oct 17 10.24am Send a Private Message to fish mitten Add fish mitten as a friend

I have two incidents (that I fondly remember) of being sexually harassed by female when i was in my 20's.

First incident was when i was on stay away job in Spalding. A girl employee of the company I was auditing pointed to the board room table that I was working on and said 'there's enough room under there'. Looking at her blankly she then said 'to give you a blow job'. My work colleague then walked in, which means I didn't have the difficult decision to make.

The second incident was on a crowded tube, where once again a surprisingly attractive female, somehow ended up with her bum resting on my groin. As the motion of the tube caused the inevitable 'rise' I pulled my groin back as far as I could, fearing she would slap in me the face. However, within seconds bum was resting on groin again. She got off one stop before me, turning round to smile and leaving me trying to disguise my erection with my briefcase. My thought was does she do this every day?

I would like to say that these events have left me traumatised, but it's more like happy memories and that at 51 I'm not likely to get a repeat of either.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 31 Oct 17 11.03am Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

I was 23 when I went to A&E with a nasty wasp sting on my arm.
The female nurse took me to a cubicle , removed my trousers and pants and groped me chestnuts "to check for swelling". Never saw her again

At work in 2001, whilst getting lost driving back from Ipswich, a female colleague passenger suggested we do an overnighter and charge it to company expenses. We found our way back immediately.

Then on Saturday at our village bonfire evening, a woman comes up to me and wraps her arms around me and says she is staying with me this evening. She smelled strongly of vodka.
My wife was only 5 metres away, so I declined. But her boyfriend was standing next to me (ginger-bearded short-@r5e) and he looked up-for-it. One of those "what if?" moments

Do I have a legal claim in any of these cases ?

Probably not, but if any of those placed their hand on your knee then The Sun is desperate to talk to you so that they can paste it all over front page of their paper:

OTT or what!

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.01.36.png Attachment: Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.01.36.png (511.71Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View nickgusset's Profile nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 31 Oct 17 11.38am Send a Private Message to nickgusset Add nickgusset as a friend

Originally posted by Sportyteacher

Probably not, but if any of those placed their hand on your knee then The Sun is desperate to talk to you so that they can paste it all over front page of their paper:

OTT or what!

They're trying to trivialize it all.


The Michael Fallon touching a journalist's knee story on the front page of that rag today isn't even mentioned in the dossier of 36 Tory sex pest MPs.

Why do you think the Murdoch propaganda empire would run with the least extreme allegation they could find, instead of any of the multitude of much more lurid and outrageous cases?

Edited by nickgusset (31 Oct 2017 11.57am)

 


[Link]

My Signature has been banned

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnfirewall's Profile johnfirewall Flag Lewisham 31 Oct 17 12.01pm Send a Private Message to johnfirewall Add johnfirewall as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

I was 23 when I went to A&E with a nasty wasp sting on my arm.
The female nurse took me to a cubicle , removed my trousers and pants and groped me chestnuts "to check for swelling". Never saw her again

I had eczema as a kid to the extent I was bandaged up with a cream applied underneath. The nurse applied additional cream 'downstairs' after the bandages were on. Unlikely there was any unpleasant intent there 20 odd years ago, extremely likely it would lead disciplinary or criminal action were it to happen in 2017.

The real issue this raises is that blokes don't actually care, for reasons of societal influence or whatever, but obviously the only way to even things up is for us to make a fuss or for women to accept minor incidents for what they are. I'm not saying anyone should tolerate it, but when you've entered in to an unspoken contract a la Weinstein then maybe you should swallow it.

It's funny, loads of male mates have come out with stories since #metoo.

Sadly what's going to happen here is that feminists will suggest we're undermining abuse by sharing our stories. Which then indicates there is a difference between the sexes. Paradox much?

Edited by johnfirewall (31 Oct 2017 12.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PaddyMcPaddy's Profile PaddyMcPaddy Flag 31 Oct 17 12.05pm Send a Private Message to PaddyMcPaddy Add PaddyMcPaddy as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

They're trying to trivialize it all.


The Michael Fallon touching a journalist's knee story on the front page of that rag today isn't even mentioned in the dossier of 36 Tory sex pest MPs.

Why do you think the Murdoch propaganda empire would run with the least extreme allegation they could find, instead of any of the multitude of much more lurid and outrageous cases?

Edited by nickgusset (31 Oct 2017 11.57am)

You over think things, they just try and jump on the bandwagon to try and sell papers. He's probably the biggest name they can use.

It's not a grand Murdoch conspiracy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sexual Harrassment