You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sexual Harrassment
June 24 2024 11.23am

Sexual Harrassment

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View tome's Profile tome Flag Inner Tantalus Time. 31 Oct 17 4.12pm Send a Private Message to tome Add tome as a friend

Originally posted by hedgehog50

I thought that these days everyone was supposed to be totally open about sex and at it all the time, changing gender every five minutes and 'celebrating' it all. Now any sort of sexual advance is deemed abuse. It's very confusing. Perhaps people should start wearing badges with 'up for it' and their preferences, current gender, their limits, terms and conditions etc

Heh, I wish. They should carry it around on a laminated card so we can avoid all the agony and doubt and just get it on instead.

 


A one and a two...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tome's Profile tome Flag Inner Tantalus Time. 31 Oct 17 4.14pm Send a Private Message to tome Add tome as a friend

Originally posted by jamiemartin721

Does it really matter if they're Tory, Labour, SNP, UKIP or Bingo-Bongo party. Sexual harassment is in no way acceptable behaviour for anyone, let alone an MP.

At least if it was bongo-bongo you'd know what you were getting. Down with prudes! Now that we could get behind. Ahem.

 


A one and a two...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ray in Houston's Profile Ray in Houston Flag Houston 31 Oct 17 4.16pm Send a Private Message to Ray in Houston Add Ray in Houston as a friend

Originally posted by hedgehog50

I thought that these days everyone was supposed to be totally open about sex and at it all the time, changing gender every five minutes and 'celebrating' it all. Now any sort of sexual advance is deemed abuse. It's very confusing. Perhaps people should start wearing badges with 'up for it' and their preferences, current gender, their limits, terms and conditions etc

People do wear badges saying "up for it", they're on this thing called the "internet".

And it's not confusing at all. You can have sex with any consenting adult you want, of any gender, even if they used to be a different gender. The salient point here being "consenting". Thankfully, the days of powerful men being able to force themselves on whomever they wanted is, if not coming to an end, is at least coming to a middle.

Getting some form of affirmation of consent is not a chore.

 


We don't do possession; we do defense and attack. Everything else is just wa**ing with a football.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
hedgehog50 Flag Croydon 31 Oct 17 4.21pm

Originally posted by Ray in Houston

People do wear badges saying "up for it", they're on this thing called the "internet".

And it's not confusing at all. You can have sex with any consenting adult you want, of any gender, even if they used to be a different gender. The salient point here being "consenting". Thankfully, the days of powerful men being able to force themselves on whomever they wanted is, if not coming to an end, is at least coming to a middle.

Getting some form of affirmation of consent is not a chore.

Well clearly it is - what do you need these days, written permission?

 


We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. [Orwell]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View NKEagle's Profile NKEagle Flag Pyongyang 31 Oct 17 4.23pm Send a Private Message to NKEagle Add NKEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

I was 23 when I went to A&E with a nasty wasp sting on my arm.
The female nurse took me to a cubicle , removed my trousers and pants and groped me chestnuts "to check for swelling". Never saw her again

At work in 2001, whilst getting lost driving back from Ipswich, a female colleague passenger suggested we do an overnighter and charge it to company expenses. We found our way back immediately.

Then on Saturday at our village bonfire evening, a woman comes up to me and wraps her arms around me and says she is staying with me this evening. She smelled strongly of vodka.
My wife was only 5 metres away, so I declined. But her boyfriend was standing next to me (ginger-bearded short-@r5e) and he looked up-for-it. One of those "what if?" moments

Do I have a legal claim in any of these cases ?

If your wife gets to have a boyfriend, I would think you're well within your rights to have one night with the vodka woman.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 31 Oct 17 4.27pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Women use their body's to get what they want and men use power and money, that's just the way things are and have always been. Both men and women abuse either.

When it comes to sexual harassment/assault sorry but women take priority, our job should be to protect our women and let's face it the chances of a male walking home at night and getting brutally raped by a woman are slim to none.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 31 Oct 17 4.32pm

Originally posted by rikz

Women use their body's to get what they want and men use power and money, that's just the way things are and have always been. Both men and women abuse either.

When it comes to sexual harassment/assault sorry but women take priority, our job should be to protect our women and let's face it the chances of a male walking home at night and getting brutally raped by a woman are slim to none.

Good points but be careful. The hol police in the form of elgrande will tell you it's a lighthearted thread.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 31 Oct 17 4.38pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Ray in Houston

People do wear badges saying "up for it", they're on this thing called the "internet".

And it's not confusing at all. You can have sex with any consenting adult you want, of any gender, even if they used to be a different gender. The salient point here being "consenting". Thankfully, the days of powerful men being able to force themselves on whomever they wanted is, if not coming to an end, is at least coming to a middle.

Getting some form of affirmation of consent is not a chore.

The problem here is when you get man abusing his power to have sex with a young women who in turn decides to use her body to further her career before later feeling guilty about basically prostituting herself and deciding she was sexually assaulted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View elgrande's Profile elgrande Flag bedford 31 Oct 17 4.40pm Send a Private Message to elgrande Add elgrande as a friend

Actually i total agree with him,women and men have exploited it for years,but as he said women should be protected from w***ers like Weinstein.

But my objection was you using it as another political dig.
So less of the snide little comments.
Can you see now why people have had enough of you.

You really do remind me of the school bully,but once he gets a good dig,goes running to teacher crying.
And
You really are a sad sad little man.

 


always a Norwood boy, where ever I live.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View elgrande's Profile elgrande Flag bedford 31 Oct 17 4.42pm Send a Private Message to elgrande Add elgrande as a friend

And yet again you have ruined another thread..

 


always a Norwood boy, where ever I live.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 31 Oct 17 4.46pm

Originally posted by elgrande

Actually i total agree with him,women and men have exploited it for years,but as he said women should be protected from w***ers like Weinstein.

But my objection was you using it as another political dig.
So less of the snide little comments.
Can you see now why people have had enough of you.

You really do remind me of the school bully,but once he gets a good dig,goes running to teacher crying.
And
You really are a sad sad little man.

I'm sorry that there are scandals in parliament about sexual harassment cases. If that makes it political well it can t be helped.

Are we supposed to keep quiet about it just because many Tories are implicated.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 31 Oct 17 4.48pm

Originally posted by elgrande

And yet again you have ruined another thread..

You haven't once responded to a point I've made in about a week.
You're worse than Hrolf.
If you don't like your values or politics questioned, don't post.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sexual Harrassment