You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Can Benteke redeem himself?
March 2 2021 7.41am

Can Benteke redeem himself?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 11 of 18 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View fledgling's Profile fledgling Flag Beckenham 11 Dec 17 11.34am Send a Private Message to fledgling Add fledgling as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I've just re-watched the highlights and for the first goal it is Bentenke flicking the ball on to Wilf who wins the penalty. For the second it is Bentenke showing composure in the box to find Cabaye who sets up Dann. For the second penalty it is Bentenke holding the ball up to play Wilf in. Yes, he did then miss that penalty, but had he scored he would have had a big hand in every goal.

On another occasion he surged forward from his own half with the ball and he was only stopped when someone fouled him (something which the opposition did continuously to stop him winning headers).

I've decided I'm going to stick two fingers up to all the haters and stick up for the big man. He shouldn't have taken that penalty but he was a big part as to why we were able to create so many chances yesterday and if he gets his confidence back in front of goal he will be a beast again.

In part I agree with this. He made a stupid mistake putting his ego before the team. I'm hoping Roy got the players in on Sunday and they sorted it out and will function again as a team on Tuesday.

Talk of dropping him, selling him etc. is daft. He must want a place in the World Cup squad so he needs to prove himself with us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 11 Dec 17 11.39am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

There is not even a 1% chance of Benteke being dropped tomorrow. Think of all the players that get sent off in games for stupid tackles or just losing the head.

They usually end up costing their team points, everyone is angry for a while then things go on as normal.

I am very interested to see what sort of performance he puts in tomorrow, Does he crawl into a corner and hide or be a proper man and put in a shift to beat all shifts.

Lets hope its the later

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View benjo's Profile benjo Flag Sydney 11 Dec 17 11.52am Send a Private Message to benjo Add benjo as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

And the Niasse dive, De Boer, Parish, lack of strikers etc. etc.

If we go down it will be because of the failure to deliver results on the pitch.

And a large slice of bad luck. You couldn't make this sh*t up and it hasn't even started to even itself out yet.

Benteke should play on Tuesday. It will be real test for him & give Roy a real insight into his character and appetite for the fight ahead. If Benteke doesn't react to this then he'll be gone next month.

Edited by benjo (11 Dec 2017 11.57am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 11 Dec 17 12.07pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

At first i thought he should be left out but because we are playing Watford whose manager Marco Silva likes zonal marking Benteke could be very effective. Remember last season when we played Silva's Hull he scored with a soaring header with Maguire not even getting off the ground

Is there ANY manager who still prefers man to man marking instead of zonal or a combination of zonal+ man to man??
Serious question, I just want to know if there are managers who do this

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Southampton_Eagle's Profile Southampton_Eagle Flag At the after party 11 Dec 17 12.36pm Send a Private Message to Southampton_Eagle Add Southampton_Eagle as a friend

Still got the hump.

 


BensGrandad: Prior to the cup game v Arsenal there was some posts comparing The Amex and The Emirates and The Amex came out top in every catergory bar the one that matters, the players on the field.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 11 Dec 17 12.39pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Is there ANY manager who still prefers man to man marking instead of zonal or a combination of zonal+ man to man??
Serious question, I just want to know if there are managers who do this

Allardyce Hodgson Pardew Puel to name a few

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goldfiinger's Profile Goldfiinger Flag Just down the road 11 Dec 17 12.41pm Send a Private Message to Goldfiinger Add Goldfiinger as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I've just re-watched the highlights and for the first goal it is Bentenke flicking the ball on to Wilf who wins the penalty. For the second it is Bentenke showing composure in the box to find Cabaye who sets up Dann. For the second penalty it is Bentenke holding the ball up to play Wilf in. Yes, he did then miss that penalty, but had he scored he would have had a big hand in every goal.

On another occasion he surged forward from his own half with the ball and he was only stopped when someone fouled him (something which the opposition did continuously to stop him winning headers).

I've decided I'm going to stick two fingers up to all the haters and stick up for the big man. He shouldn't have taken that penalty but he was a big part as to why we were able to create so many chances yesterday and if he gets his confidence back in front of goal he will be a beast again.

Once the dust has settled this is probably the correct answer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Username's Profile Username Flag Horsham 11 Dec 17 12.55pm Send a Private Message to Username Add Username as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I've just re-watched the highlights and for the first goal it is Bentenke flicking the ball on to Wilf who wins the penalty. For the second it is Bentenke showing composure in the box to find Cabaye who sets up Dann. For the second penalty it is Bentenke holding the ball up to play Wilf in. Yes, he did then miss that penalty, but had he scored he would have had a big hand in every goal.

On another occasion he surged forward from his own half with the ball and he was only stopped when someone fouled him (something which the opposition did continuously to stop him winning headers).

I've decided I'm going to stick two fingers up to all the haters and stick up for the big man. He shouldn't have taken that penalty but he was a big part as to why we were able to create so many chances yesterday and if he gets his confidence back in front of goal he will be a beast again.


+ his flick on for Dann's miss.

Up until he took the ball off Luka, that was one of Benteke's best games in ages.

 


Employee of the month is a good example of how someone can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nobbybm's Profile Nobbybm Flag Dartford 11 Dec 17 12.57pm Send a Private Message to Nobbybm Add Nobbybm as a friend

Originally posted by Username


+ his flick on for Dann's miss.

Up until he took the ball off Luka, that was one of Benteke's best games in ages.

I thought so too.

 


Will this be five? It's gonna be five! It IS five!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 11 Dec 17 12.58pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

There is not even a 1% chance of Benteke being dropped tomorrow. Think of all the players that get sent off in games for stupid tackles or just losing the head.

They usually end up costing their team points, everyone is angry for a while then things go on as normal.

I am very interested to see what sort of performance he puts in tomorrow, Does he crawl into a corner and hide or be a proper man and put in a shift to beat all shifts.

Lets hope its the later


I dont think thats true. Roy has already shown if you make a mistake hes quite happy to drop players. Our Roy is not afraid to be ruthless. However I agree I hope he starts tomorrow night.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hutchyeagle's Profile Hutchyeagle Flag Hove 11 Dec 17 1.16pm Send a Private Message to Hutchyeagle Add Hutchyeagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Time for us all to come together' by Midlands Eagle

What a crazy weekend....
It has taken me until now to calm down over the Benteke debacle..
However, lets not forget....for our first penalty 'Tekkers' won the flick on for Wilf...for our second goal...'Tekkers' held the ball up really well, set up Yohan to set up Scott's goal !

Just a bit of perspective...I thought 'Tekkers' played really well on Saturday (Great No 9 performance) and we all need to come together and support everyone at the club, get behind every player, every decision...

Unity and team/club spirit will be what keeps us up !!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyh's Profile dannyh Flag wherever I lay my hat....... 11 Dec 17 1.16pm Send a Private Message to dannyh Add dannyh as a friend

Benheskey

 


"It's not the bullet that's got my name on it that concerns me; it's all them other ones flyin' around marked 'To Whom It May Concern.'"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 11 of 18 < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Can Benteke redeem himself?