You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Benteke thread
September 20 2019 8.40am

The Benteke thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 164 of 210 < 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 17 Apr 19 7.57am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Benteke is over. The only reason he is at Palace now is money.
This summer we so badly need to buy a decent striker. Not another cart horse like Sorloth.
Just get shot of Benti. Cut our losses. Heís worse than ever. Just move him on.
His one asset is he can jump high. He is not fast anymore. He canít run with the ball. He is really lazy. He is so weak. He never tackles. He never tracks back. He is not ever aggressive. His very occasional shot is embarrassing. In fact the whole saga is totally embarrassing.
Please get shot and move on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 17 Apr 19 8.04am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Despite us supposedly "not playing to his strengths" he has had numerous chances to score and has contrived to miss the vast majority of them.
His first touch is dreadful, his anticipation is virtually non-existent, and his movement... he might as well have pockets sown into his shorts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View xomnea's Profile xomnea Flag 17 Apr 19 9.29am Send a Private Message to xomnea Add xomnea as a friend

Just wondering if anyone who chastised me for calling out his lack of basic footballing ability in December 2016 has had a re think?

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 17 Apr 19 11.07am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

If we were a team who crossed the ball then Benteke would maybe score a few goals with his nut. I always pray that he will score when he plays but I have now resigned myself to the fact that he is finished as a player for us.
I reckon he will play the majority of games now till end of the season to try get him in the shop window and move him on.
Bats wont be here next year (not that I want him to be).
He is a bang average football player with no football brain.
There has got to be a decent striker out there who can do a job for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 17 Apr 19 4.02pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Benteke is over. The only reason he is at Palace now is money.
This summer we so badly need to buy a decent striker. Not another cart horse like Sorloth.
Just get shot of Benti. Cut our losses. Heís worse than ever. Just move him on.
His one asset is he can jump high. He is not fast anymore. He canít run with the ball. He is really lazy. He is so weak. He never tackles. He never tracks back. He is not ever aggressive. His very occasional shot is embarrassing. In fact the whole saga is totally embarrassing.
Please get shot and move on.


and don't forget, he can't even take a decent penalty kick!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 17 Apr 19 4.09pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Haha. Always love it when people make statements like that. I've played at a decent level, am currently in the middle of coaching courses (so you'd hope my football brain's on point) and I disagree with you.

He's not out of his depth. If that 'depth' is PL level, he's shown both with Villa and us that he's absolutely in his depth.....the issue is our system doesn't suit him. Agree we need to either tweak things to get balls in the box quicker and play to his strengths, or he needs to move on.

I'm sure it is!, however the one asset Benteke does not have is a decent work ethic, he is lazy always waiting for the ball to come to him and he does not work defenders off the ball to create chances for others, he may have done it for one season at AV but his first season with us only produced somewhere in the region of 15 PL goals, hardly a good return from someone costing 27 mil and since then he has retired, Klopp is no fool when he refused to play him, he saw his faults and I do not think his football brain has proved to be incorrect on that one!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 17 Apr 19 4.23pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

If we were a team who crossed the ball then Benteke would maybe score a few goals with his nut. I always pray that he will score when he plays but I have now resigned myself to the fact that he is finished as a player for us.
I reckon he will play the majority of games now till end of the season to try get him in the shop window and move him on.
Bats wont be here next year (not that I want him to be).
He is a bang average football player with no football brain.
There has got to be a decent striker out there who can do a job for us.

Yes, his name is Dwight Gayle - the atypical poacher

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 17 Apr 19 6.01pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Haha. Always love it when people make statements like that. I've played at a decent level, am currently in the middle of coaching courses (so you'd hope my football brain's on point) and I disagree with you.

He's not out of his depth. If that 'depth' is PL level, he's shown both with Villa and us that he's absolutely in his depth.....the issue is our system doesn't suit him. Agree we need to either tweak things to get balls in the box quicker and play to his strengths, or he needs to move on.

That's quite different to being out of your depth though.

Hear hear!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 18 Apr 19 2.34am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

" Getting shot of him " would cost us very similar to keeping him.

Cannot imagine anyone else paying even a third of his cost and with a year on his contract his sale value in minimal

Has simply been a terrible signing and we need to move on but how to minimise financial impact.

Let's not have any " he wants to fight for his place " nonsense. He is happy to collect the rest of his contract money ( which we offered him )


Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Benteke is over. The only reason he is at Palace now is money.
This summer we so badly need to buy a decent striker. Not another cart horse like Sorloth.
Just get shot of Benti. Cut our losses. Heís worse than ever. Just move him on.
His one asset is he can jump high. He is not fast anymore. He canít run with the ball. He is really lazy. He is so weak. He never tackles. He never tracks back. He is not ever aggressive. His very occasional shot is embarrassing. In fact the whole saga is totally embarrassing.
Please get shot and move on.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 18 Apr 19 4.07am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Has there ever been a PL striker that has got so many opportunities to redeem himself?
Please, please release him whatever cost...he's making Our beloved Club the laughing Stock of the League!
PS! Still whishes CB to prove me wrong, but if ever the Expression "wishful thinking" comes to an effect - it is unfortunately here!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 18 Apr 19 10.11am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

" Getting shot of him " would cost us very similar to keeping him.

Cannot imagine anyone else paying even a third of his cost and with a year on his contract his sale value in minimal

Has simply been a terrible signing and we need to move on but how to minimise financial impact.

Let's not have any " he wants to fight for his place " nonsense. He is happy to collect the rest of his contract money ( which we offered him )


Quite agree, use him as a part exchange on a younger more skilled striker who must be out there somewhere!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 18 Apr 19 11.23am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

No one in my opinion would offer much and I don't think he would belittle himself outside the Premier League if he stays in England.

Basically a non asset with ongoing cost

Originally posted by Den1923

Quite agree, use him as a part exchange on a younger more skilled striker who must be out there somewhere!

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 164 of 210 < 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Benteke thread