You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Benteke thread
May 24 2019 5.56pm

The Benteke thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 167 of 171 < 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 01 May 19 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

As much as it pains me to say it, I honestly believe Benteke is finished at this level.Im not sure if those knee injuries have taken their toll but he looks like he can't move anymore and the ball just bounces off him. I know he doesn't show much emotion but he looks a broken soul.

His only positive attribute left is his heading ability and even that is waning (out jumped by Keane for most balls against Everton)

With Bats and Ayew going back to parent clubs and Wickham and Benteke possibly finished as top level football players we are in serious need of finiding a hidden gem.

One of the above 2 might still have some legs in them. However we really need to get some competition in the striker position next season. Think we have to be looking at £20 million outlay, than a loanee or Sorloth type signing.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 01 May 19 9.31pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

I still believe the world class striker is still in there somewhere. Can only hope we see it in red and blue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag 01 May 19 9.52pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

I still believe the world class striker is still in there somewhere. Can only hope we see it in red and blue.

Before Saturday's game I heard someone say words to the effect that there is still a player in there.Must have got carried away by his goal at Arsenal.Perhaps he has changed his mind after the Everton game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 02 May 19 7.00am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Both his last two goals, this year against Arsenal and last year against Leicester were mistimed mis hit headers. OK only slightly, which ironically is probably why he scored as they fooled the keepers.
I wonder what next seasons goal will be like?

Edited by dreamwaverider (02 May 2019 7.02am)

Edited by dreamwaverider (02 May 2019 7.03am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 02 May 19 7.35am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Before Saturday's game I heard someone say words to the effect that there is still a player in there.Must have got carried away by his goal at Arsenal.Perhaps he has changed his mind after the Everton game.

You don't just lose ability though. You just don't. You lose form/confidence....but the player who banged in goals for Villa and us season one must still be in there somewhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 02 May 19 7.51am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

You don't just lose ability though. You just don't. You lose form/confidence....but the player who banged in goals for Villa and us season one must still be in there somewhere.

In there somewhere, but doesn't want to come out and play. Awww bless him, he's only on £130k a week.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (02 May 2019 7.51am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 02 May 19 8.07am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

In there somewhere, but doesn't want to come out and play. Awww bless him, he's only on £130k a week.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (02 May 2019 7.51am)

???

I wasn't saying we should feel sorry for him?

Not wanting to come out and play = loss of form. By all accounts he's been working super hard to get back and fit. A break might do him good. Let's see how he goes after the first few games of next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 02 May 19 9.03am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

His contract is up at the end of next season, cant believe we will offer a new one on the same wages which means he will walk for nothing, might as well try and get 5 million, surely better than nothing

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Username's Profile Username Flag Horsham 02 May 19 12.48pm Send a Private Message to Username Add Username as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

In there somewhere, but doesn't want to come out and play. Awww bless him, he's only on £130k a week.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (02 May 2019 7.51am)

We could have had 1997 Ronaldo up front against Everton and it would have made little difference with the way we played.

The only time Benteke got the ball was out wide about a yard from the touchline, and about 40 yards from goal.

He's not been in form, that's obvious, but if we want to get anything out of him we have to do better in terms of getting the ball in the right areas for him to attack.

 


Employee of the month is a good example of how someone can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagle@ tn34's Profile eagle@ tn34 Flag hastings 02 May 19 8.18pm Send a Private Message to eagle@ tn34 Add eagle@ tn34 as a friend

Originally posted by Username

We could have had 1997 Ronaldo up front against Everton and it would have made little difference with the way we played.

The only time Benteke got the ball was out wide about a yard from the touchline, and about 40 yards from goal.

He's not been in form, that's obvious, but if we want to get anything out of him we have to do better in terms of getting the ball in the right areas for him to attack.

Sorry but I was at the game and he made these pointless runs into the corner to receive the ball under pressure, when IMHO he should have gone into the box or edge of the area and try and create some space. He really is clueless.

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fastbikes's Profile fastbikes Flag Caterham 02 May 19 9.22pm Send a Private Message to fastbikes Add fastbikes as a friend

We don't cross the ball for him. But he can't adapt to our current style and has no edge anymore

 


if i'm not here i'm ripping up the tarmac on the Ducati
not here for long so better enjoy it

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 02 May 19 9.55pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Both his last two goals, this year against Arsenal and last year against Leicester were mistimed mis hit headers. OK only slightly, which ironically is probably why he scored as they fooled the keepers.
I wonder what next seasons goal will be like?

Edited by dreamwaverider (02 May 2019 7.02am)

Edited by dreamwaverider (02 May 2019 7.03am)

Ha very good. Gallows humour.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 167 of 171 < 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Benteke thread