You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Toby Young resigns!
April 25 2024 2.28am

Toby Young resigns!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Jan 18 3.02pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

So the feminists and poe faced self righteous progressives get their man.

Apparently you can't make jokes about lesbians or like female breasts and have a job they deem important....even if you made those jokes years ago.

I honestly can't stand these politically correct moralists who seek to sack people who aren't in their image.

It's they who are the disfigurement. In effect no different to the religious right in America who looked for power in the nineties.

The difference is that these progressives hold real power and bully others in institutions and government....hell May is even pushing some of their agendas herself.


Edited by Stirlingsays (09 Jan 2018 3.09pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
pefwin Flag Where you have to have an English ... 09 Jan 18 3.14pm

It is a bit like the Nazi salute, not tasteful but free speech for the individual.

Everyone gets offended by something, but the question is who is the biggest "plonker" the offender or the offendee?

 


"Everything is air-droppable at least once."

"When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Jan 18 3.20pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by pefwin

It is a bit like the Nazi salute, not tasteful but free speech for the individual.

Everyone gets offended by something, but the question is who is the biggest "plonker" the offender or the offendee?

A small part of me feels that these elites coming out of university straight into political careers want to exclude anyone else from civvy street who's worked outside politics and is even a little bit normal.

Blokey people banned from politics.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
chelys Flag London 09 Jan 18 3.51pm

Dianne Abbott tweeted about how he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. This from a woman whose contribution to her professed support of the comprehensive school system was to send her own children to fee-paying private school.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 Jan 18 4.34pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by chelys

Dianne Abbott tweeted about how he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. This from a woman whose contribution to her professed support of the comprehensive school system was to send her own children to fee-paying private school.

I am unclear as to why he got the job in the first place. I know he founded a free school but does he really have the qualifications for this role. The job sounds like a regulatory type role, what experience does have have in that area? As for the tweets this is just a gift for the PC brigade who wouldn't want a Tory in the first place. So all round a bad call but whoever appointed him.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Jan 18 4.41pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by chelys

Dianne Abbott tweeted about how he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. This from a woman whose contribution to her professed support of the comprehensive school system was to send her own children to fee-paying private school.


I know....it's amusing....I mean she's been pretty controversial on twitter herself and here she shows her hypocrisy.

Completely and deliberately myopic.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Jan 18 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I am unclear as to why he got the job in the first place. I know he founded a free school but does he really have the qualifications for this role. The job sounds like a regulatory type role, what experience does have have in that area? As for the tweets this is just a gift for the PC brigade who wouldn't want a Tory in the first place. So all round a bad call but whoever appointed him.

Involved in the running of four schools, all successful.

Certainly more qualified than many many people appointed in public life.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davenotamonkey's Profile davenotamonkey Flag 09 Jan 18 5.28pm Send a Private Message to davenotamonkey Add davenotamonkey as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I am unclear as to why he got the job in the first place. I know he founded a free school but does he really have the qualifications for this role. The job sounds like a regulatory type role, what experience does have have in that area? As for the tweets this is just a gift for the PC brigade who wouldn't want a Tory in the first place. So all round a bad call but whoever appointed him.

One of his biggest critics thus far:

Angela Rayner. Labour shadow education secretary. Left school at 16 without any A-C GCSE's.

"Qualified"

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View serial thriller's Profile serial thriller Flag The Promised Land 09 Jan 18 5.38pm Send a Private Message to serial thriller Add serial thriller as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

A small part of me feels that these elites coming out of university straight into political careers want to exclude anyone else from civvy street who's worked outside politics and is even a little bit normal.

Blokey people banned from politics.

Toby Young? What? Are we thinking of the same person here?

I hold almost all 'comment' journalists in contempt, because I don't really see why any of them have a particularly insightful view on all matters, but he may just hold first place as the most repulsive. He writes for two sinking ship journals - the Times and the Spectator - where the revolving door towards working for the Tories seems never ending.

To me, it's more the barefaced nepotism of his appointment that I find offensive. I expect any upper-middle class establishmentarian white guy to be a bit of a sexist, but the fact that they clog up the corridors of power with their self-entitled stench is horrible.

 


If punk ever happened I'd be preaching the law, instead of listenin to Lydon lecture BBC4

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View turkish eagle's Profile turkish eagle Flag 09 Jan 18 5.49pm Send a Private Message to turkish eagle Add turkish eagle as a friend

Do you like the sound of the echo chamber now that Nick's gone? Anyone here gonna fight for the right for his free speech?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davenotamonkey's Profile davenotamonkey Flag 09 Jan 18 5.51pm Send a Private Message to davenotamonkey Add davenotamonkey as a friend

Originally posted by serial thriller

Toby Young? What? Are we thinking of the same person here?

I hold almost all 'comment' journalists in contempt, because I don't really see why any of them have a particularly insightful view on all matters, but he may just hold first place as the most repulsive. He writes for two sinking ship journals - the Times and the Spectator - where the revolving door towards working for the Tories seems never ending.

To me, it's more the barefaced nepotism of his appointment that I find offensive. I expect any upper-middle class establishmentarian white guy to be a bit of a sexist, but the fact that they clog up the corridors of power with their self-entitled stench is horrible.

I agree.

Wait, we are talking about Corbyn, and his son here, right?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View serial thriller's Profile serial thriller Flag The Promised Land 09 Jan 18 5.54pm Send a Private Message to serial thriller Add serial thriller as a friend

Originally posted by davenotamonkey

I agree.

Wait, we are talking about Corbyn, and his son here, right?

Edit. Had never heard about Corbyn's son, also disappointing I'd add.

Edited by serial thriller (09 Jan 2018 5.55pm)

 


If punk ever happened I'd be preaching the law, instead of listenin to Lydon lecture BBC4

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Toby Young resigns!