You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The end of the Crystals?
July 23 2024 8.52am

The end of the Crystals?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Temps's Profile Temps Flag Cronx 29 Jan 18 3.52pm Send a Private Message to Temps Add Temps as a friend

The Crystals are dead to me because they didn’t bother to dress up in Santa outfits this season, my Christmas highlight.
Dead.

 


Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 29 Jan 18 4.02pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Didn't exactly set twitter alight when you posted nigh on the exact same thing in reply to the Palace ladies tweet, so you thought you'd post the same nonsense here instead?

Like any of these roles, if they want to do it let them do it. If they don't I'm sure the club/sport will carry on just fine.

Stop getting offended on behalf of other people who are happy doing what they're doing.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View boo909's Profile boo909 Flag Figeac 29 Jan 18 8.32pm Send a Private Message to boo909 Add boo909 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I'm thinking of the 'Hen Nights' which are the ladies equivelant of 'Gentlemens evenings'.


I fail to see what's wrong with a few glass of brandy and a cigar once the ladies have withdrawn to the drawing room Willo.

1-kEdywqfCU7ARUmqYo-uhOQ.jpeg Attachment: 1-kEdywqfCU7ARUmqYo-uhOQ.jpeg (408.63Kb)

 


Bangell - If Camus wrote The Myth of Sisyphus today, it would be about Jason Puncheon eternally trying and failing to pass with his right foot.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 29 Jan 18 8.44pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by boo909


I fail to see what's wrong with a few glass of brandy and a cigar once the ladies have withdrawn to the drawing room Willo.

Splendid photograph.
What sartorial elegance on display.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 29 Jan 18 9.06pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

Its easy to over-react when someone raises an issue like this, and they are fairly harmless (if a bit OTT in my opinion - I'd do away with all the music and suchlike and just let the atmosphere build naturally, but others feel differently and that's fair enough).

The real issue of course is whether it is sexist or suchlike to have dancing girls at what remains a largely male audience event. I don't think it is, but I did find it difficult to explain the Crystals to my 10 year old daughter when I took her to a game, and would rather that she, and others, become lifelong fans than have the Crystals.

How is it hard to say they are hear to create atmosphere, inspire some section of the kids to dance, draw in other people to the crowd and I guess keep an old bloke warm on a January evening.

It's only hard if it needs to be (that's what she said)

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dancer Cat's Profile Dancer Cat Flag Farnborough 29 Jan 18 9.21pm Send a Private Message to Dancer Cat Add Dancer Cat as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

Its easy to over-react when someone raises an issue like this, and they are fairly harmless (if a bit OTT in my opinion - I'd do away with all the music and suchlike and just let the atmosphere build naturally, but others feel differently and that's fair enough).

The real issue of course is whether it is sexist or suchlike to have dancing girls at what remains a largely male audience event. I don't think it is, but I did find it difficult to explain the Crystals to my 10 year old daughter when I took her to a game, and would rather that she, and others, become lifelong fans than have the Crystals.

How do Americans explain NFL to their daughters? - coz every team - without exception - has cheerleaders. We aspire to offer the best entertainment & atmos in the EPL, I have zero issues with the Crystals (& no, I don’t watch ‘em).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hyacon2000's Profile hyacon2000 Flag gosport 29 Jan 18 9.37pm Send a Private Message to hyacon2000 Add hyacon2000 as a friend

for me I can not for the life of me see any problem what so ever yes I get the omg tacky but and this is a big but the Crystals are Palace fans and they love what they do let women make their own choices don't DON'T take their freedom away. Just because some women say it demeans them doesn't mean that women such as the Crystals feel that it demeans them. One step off a burka a d no I'm not racist just believe in FREEDOM of choice.IF THIS IS FREEDOM I DON'T UNDERSTAND COZ IT SEEMS LIKE MADNESS TO ME. Anyway when are we gonna sign a striker???

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hyacon2000's Profile hyacon2000 Flag gosport 29 Jan 18 9.42pm Send a Private Message to hyacon2000 Add hyacon2000 as a friend

Originally posted by hyacon2000

for me I can not for the life of me see any problem what so ever yes I get the omg tacky but and this is a big but the Crystals are Palace fans and they love what they do let women make their own choices don't DON'T take their freedom away. Just because some women say it demeans them doesn't mean that women such as the Crystals feel that it demeans them. One step off a burka a d no I'm not racist just believe in FREEDOM of choice.IF THIS IS FREEDOM I DON'T UNDERSTAND COZ IT SEEMS LIKE MADNESS TO ME. Anyway when are we gonna sign a striker???


Christ let the girls women have FUN stop this tut tut rubbish before we turn Into a country of zombies all conformed to stop cooperatives being sued ffs

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Clapham on the Back 29 Jan 18 10.47pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Having the main story being their social media pictures is a bit creepy tbf.

I've prepared a "safe space" for them.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hastingseagle67's Profile hastingseagle67 Flag 29 Jan 18 11.14pm Send a Private Message to hastingseagle67 Add hastingseagle67 as a friend

Originally posted by Stuk

Didn't exactly set twitter alight when you posted nigh on the exact same thing in reply to the Palace ladies tweet, so you thought you'd post the same nonsense here instead?

Like any of these roles, if they want to do it let them do it. If they don't I'm sure the club/sport will carry on just fine.

Stop getting offended on behalf of other people who are happy doing what they're doing.

Find it odd that the OP started the thread and then hasn’t bothered to enter into the debate.

 


has resisted writing a single post on the Ross McCormack thread !!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 30 Jan 18 12.36am Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Having the main story being their social media pictures is a bit creepy tbf.

Well you are a male feminist!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 30 Jan 18 12.35pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Splendid photograph.
What sartorial elegance on display.

Photograph? Willo, you just don’t understand this ‘modern technology’.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The end of the Crystals?