You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Wilfried Zaha Thread
January 28 2023 9.36am

The Wilfried Zaha Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 417 of 495 < 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 >

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 26 Aug 19 5.52pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Goldfiinger

£100m take it all day long.

Doubt the deal will be there for January, so we’d likely have to let him go now.

I’d actually still take the money.

He wants to leave and this is to a massive team who are gonna pay way over the odds.

This will put us in a pickle on the pitch until January, but for an extra £20-30m don’t think we can say no.

Could have avoided this being such an issue if we’d recruited better during the summer. Embracing !

Or embarassing

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 26 Aug 19 6.29pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

If there is substance to this then I guess Zaha will not play in the next match?

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 26 Aug 19 7.12pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Goldfiinger

£100m take it all day long.

Doubt the deal will be there for January, so we’d likely have to let him go now.

I’d actually still take the money.

He wants to leave and this is to a massive team who are gonna pay way over the odds.

This will put us in a pickle on the pitch until January, but for an extra £20-30m don’t think we can say no.

Could have avoided this being such an issue if we’d recruited better during the summer. Embracing !

Looking at the signings we have made in the past this could be much longer than January. Surely the best time for Wilf to leave would be at the end of the season and like his move to Man Ure sorted out a lot earlier ? Happily take £80 million to the likes of Chelski, possibly tapping a player/s from their bloated squad due to their loan policy.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 26 Aug 19 9.51pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

You do know the Americans are owed £45 million and want it back?

Who knows if and what we’re due to lose since the last accounts were filed?

is that really how it works? The blokes come in, buy shares... invest and then want it back, all in space of what, 3 years?

More fool parish then... again

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 26 Aug 19 9.57pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

This just shows, yet again, what a one man team we are, if we all fear relegation if one player is out - imagine if he broke his leg on saturday, then what, relegation?

We absolutely need to get past this mentality which is why a lot of us were so annoyed at the fact awb money wasn't reinvested properly and that the scouts had nothing to show.

I would take the 100 mil, if true. He's worth 60 on the current market and any club selling him, besides us, would and should accept 70.

All this nonsense all summer on twitter with smug accounts saying, ohh i walk into greggs want a sausage roll but only have 40p so offer 40p blah blah, fact is we over priced him... and we didn't get a decent offer because of it and we didn't realign the squad to move forward or at least prep plan b.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 26 Aug 19 10.12pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Vaibow

This just shows, yet again, what a one man team we are, if we all fear relegation if one player is out - imagine if he broke his leg on saturday, then what, relegation?

We absolutely need to get past this mentality which is why a lot of us were so annoyed at the fact awb money wasn't reinvested properly and that the scouts had nothing to show.

I would take the 100 mil, if true. He's worth 60 on the current market and any club selling him, besides us, would and should accept 70.

All this nonsense all summer on twitter with smug accounts saying, ohh i walk into greggs want a sausage roll but only have 40p so offer 40p blah blah, fact is we over priced him... and we didn't get a decent offer because of it and we didn't realign the squad to move forward or at least prep plan b.

You are talking nonsense.

Zaha is worth a minimum of one season's Premier League income. He has four years on his contract.

Why on earth would we want to almost guarantee relegation and sell him for half that money when we have no need to?

100 million would do us no good until January and you have just seen how willing we are to spend money in an inflated market.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 26 Aug 19 10.23pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Vaibow

is that really how it works? The blokes come in, buy shares... invest and then want it back, all in space of what, 3 years?

More fool parish then... again

They’re entitled to have it back. Parish hasn’t loaned money in, has he?

I don’t know if the Americans knew a Prem football club may require you to lose money before you sell it on, but what really grates on people more is the ringfenced and promised building of the new stand hasn’t budged for ages. It’s gone mute, and hey, all transfer activity shows they want to sell and therefore that’ll be at least partly why there’s no redevelopment.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 27 Aug 19 12.41am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

New stand ? let me check with Hans Christian

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

They’re entitled to have it back. Parish hasn’t loaned money in, has he?

I don’t know if the Americans knew a Prem football club may require you to lose money before you sell it on, but what really grates on people more is the ringfenced and promised building of the new stand hasn’t budged for ages. It’s gone mute, and hey, all transfer activity shows they want to sell and therefore that’ll be at least partly why there’s no redevelopment.

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 27 Aug 19 1.17am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

You are talking nonsense.

Zaha is worth a minimum of one season's Premier League income. He has four years on his contract.

Why on earth would we want to almost guarantee relegation and sell him for half that money when we have no need to?

100 million would do us no good until January and you have just seen how willing we are to spend money in an inflated market.

I don't necessarily buy into that either. He's done sod all so far this season hasn't he...and we've achieved 4 points.

We are a worse team without him. Of course. But don't think we're dead cert relegation fodder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 27 Aug 19 4.11am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

You are talking nonsense.

Zaha is worth a minimum of one season's Premier League income. He has four years on his contract.

Why on earth would we want to almost guarantee relegation and sell him for half that money when we have no need to?

100 million would do us no good until January and you have just seen how willing we are to spend money in an inflated market.

that's my point, we are all but a one man team... what if he broke his leg, got injured etc, we would be doomed apparently. We should have looked at plan b and got it ready this summer.

fact is tho, without zaha we are worse, but with awb 50 mil and zaha 52 mil, that's a good 75-80 mil to spend on an awb and zaha replacement and then another attacking option, 25 mil on 3 players with 20 mil left over for jan or next year.

I fail to understand why we couldn't have done that, after 7 years in the prem... with all the scouts, dof, experience.. it shows we still fall short and don't know what we're doing or meant to do.

But sure, keep hold of zaha, have no plan b, don't get the best out of him, flog him in january, maybe have players lined up to replace him, maybe not... but cpfc is not just zaha fc and our place in the league should not be resting on one blokes shoulders.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Online Flag 27 Aug 19 7.16am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

They’re entitled to have it back. Parish hasn’t loaned money in, has he?

It's my understanding that the shareholders have loaned funds to the club on a pari passu basis.

Some of Parish's investment looks to have been made by means of awarding himself bonuses that haven't been taken

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 27 Aug 19 7.28am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'The Wilfried Zaha Thread' by Midlands Eagle

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Looking at the signings we have made in the past this could be much longer than January. Surely the best time for Wilf to leave would be at the end of the season and like his move to Man Ure sorted out a lot earlier ? Happily take £80 million to the likes of Chelski, possibly tapping a player/s from their bloated squad due to their loan policy.

Yep, 80m plus batman would be perfect.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 417 of 495 < 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Wilfried Zaha Thread