You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread
October 1 2020 11.47pm

The Vicente Guaita thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 36 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View bifffabazz's Profile bifffabazz Flag Highworth, Wiltshire 10 May 18 7.15am Send a Private Message to bifffabazz Add bifffabazz as a friend

The relegated keepers:

Butland
Fabianski
Foster

Pretty sure we'd take any of these over Hennessey in a heartbeat.
I'm praying Guaita is on his way AND that we have the good sense to get another top quality keeper.

 


Spirit of 1974

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 10 May 18 9.01am Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Give it a rest re Hennessey as he hasn't let us down in our run in. And of those three relegated keepers one would cost about £30 million and neither of the other two would come to us to be a number two.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stuk's Profile Stuk Flag Top half 10 May 18 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Stuk Add Stuk as a friend

Originally posted by bifffabazz

The relegated keepers:

Butland
Fabianski
Foster

Pretty sure we'd take any of these over Hennessey in a heartbeat.
I'm praying Guaita is on his way AND that we have the good sense to get another top quality keeper.

1st of July, I doubt he's left already.

 


Optimistic as ever

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace 1979's Profile Palace 1979 Flag Surrey 10 May 18 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Palace 1979 Add Palace 1979 as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Give it a rest re Hennessey as he hasn't let us down in our run in. And of those three relegated keepers one would cost about £30 million and neither of the other two would come to us to be a number two.

I have to agree with this and I have been a critic of his for some time. He will be a good back up and has shown in recent weeks that he seems to finally be understanding how to come off his line and own the penalty box. Still has weaknesses but there are not that many better who would be worth splashing out on.

If the deal falls through for Guaita which seems very unlikely and I pray does not happen, then how about Forster at Southampton? I feel he is a little better than what we have and is now second choice so may not cost too much.

Having said all this, I really hope Guaita does come and plays as well for us as he has been in Spain over the past few seasons. I have a good feeling this will turn out to be one of our best transfers in many years!!

 


Some people are like Slinkies Ö not really good for anything, but you canít help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aquickgame2's Profile aquickgame2 Flag Beni = summer,Caribbean = winter 11 May 18 9.57am Send a Private Message to aquickgame2 Add aquickgame2 as a friend

I do think Henners has improved a lot over the last month or so...still gives me the sheets every time he goes near the ball tho

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Y Ddraig Goch's Profile Y Ddraig Goch Flag In The Crowd 11 May 18 10.17am Send a Private Message to Y Ddraig Goch Add Y Ddraig Goch as a friend

Originally posted by Palace 1979

I have to agree with this and I have been a critic of his for some time. He will be a good back up and has shown in recent weeks that he seems to finally be understanding how to come off his line and own the penalty box. Still has weaknesses but there are not that many better who would be worth splashing out on.

If the deal falls through for Guaita which seems very unlikely and I pray does not happen, then how about Forster at Southampton? I feel he is a little better than what we have and is now second choice so may not cost too much.

Having said all this, I really hope Guaita does come and plays as well for us as he has been in Spain over the past few seasons. I have a good feeling this will turn out to be one of our best transfers in many years!!

God no, he seems to be well passed his best and worse than WH. Where possible we need to be recruiting players that at the very least challenge the current incumbent

 


the dignified don't even enter in the game

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 11 May 18 10.29am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by aquickgame2

I do think Henners has improved a lot over the last month or so...still gives me the sheets every time he goes near the ball tho

Yes I agree that he has really stepped up to the plate as you have mentioned.Perhaps credit must be due not only to him but to goalkeeping coach Dean Kiely.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Brentmiester_General Flag Front line in the battle against t... 11 May 18 11.49am

Is Wayne going to want to use his free agent status to go and be number one else where?

 


"We love you Palace, we f@cking hate Man U, We love you Palace, we hate the brighton too, We love you Palace we play in red 'n' blue, so f@ck you, and you ...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Flag Darlington 12 May 18 10.29am Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

[Link] Itís hard to believe anything about this transfer

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 12 May 18 10.35am Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Originally posted by Bullhorn76

[Link] Itís hard to believe anything about this transfer

One things for sure, based on experience, forcing it through if the player has his heart set elsewhere is asking for trouble.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dancer Cat's Profile Dancer Cat Flag Farnborough 12 May 18 10.46am Send a Private Message to Dancer Cat Add Dancer Cat as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Give it a rest re Hennessey as he hasn't let us down in our run in. And of those three relegated keepers one would cost about £30 million and neither of the other two would come to us to be a number two.

Can I just say that I am surprised to be responding to this post, because I have been for the past 3-4? seasons NOT Wayne's greatest fan to say the least.

But absolute fair play to the bloke (& Dean Kiely I guess), he's been really solid in the last couple of months.

He's won me round & I can't see the point sponging overpriced money on mediocre EPL keepers. Wayne's proved he's a good as those.

Yes we need a couple of keepers, but find a lower league gem, a youngster who's keen, or a foreigner who's good value - whatever, but not a WH equal at rank bad value.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dancer Cat's Profile Dancer Cat Flag Farnborough 12 May 18 10.52am Send a Private Message to Dancer Cat Add Dancer Cat as a friend

Also, if the Getafe lad doesn't want to join heart & soul - he can do one.

We do NOT need a homesick, unwilling keeper (Mandanda) - it's the one position where you've got to be totally happy in yourself to fully deliver - you can't get bailed out by team mates.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 36 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread