You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Oxford United V Crystal Palace thread
May 31 2023 12.23pm

Oxford United V Crystal Palace thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 11 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

 

View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 21 Jul 18 4.47pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by FairweatherEagle

Still need a creative cm even then, more important than a striker IMO.

sounds like a lot of chances being missed again Puncheon, Townsend miss but KaiKai scores

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 21 Jul 18 4.47pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Easy!!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Flag Darlington 21 Jul 18 4.49pm Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

Im probably stating the obvious here but we definitely need to keep Andros and preferably wilf too if poss

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View FairweatherEagle's Profile FairweatherEagle Flag London 21 Jul 18 4.50pm Send a Private Message to FairweatherEagle Add FairweatherEagle as a friend

I know it's only preseason but we really do look fantastic going countering at times, as much as we did towards the end of last season.

Still I guess we can't truly know where we're at until Fulham.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View baldeagle73's Profile baldeagle73 Flag Leamington spa 21 Jul 18 4.51pm Send a Private Message to baldeagle73 Add baldeagle73 as a friend

Job done well played

 


walking down the holmesdale road to see the palace aces!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AshfordEagle94's Profile AshfordEagle94 Flag Canterbury 21 Jul 18 4.55pm Send a Private Message to AshfordEagle94 Add AshfordEagle94 as a friend

Well played again. Really liked the look of a Zaha, Kaikai, Townsend front three. I still think a pacy centre forward would suit us better than a Benteke type player

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrCParrot's Profile MrCParrot Flag Taunton 21 Jul 18 4.58pm Send a Private Message to MrCParrot Add MrCParrot as a friend

Kaikai is a goal machine

 


Mr Cadbury's Parrot says "Hello"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kenbarr's Profile kenbarr Flag Jackson Heights, Queens, New York ... 21 Jul 18 5.02pm Send a Private Message to kenbarr Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add kenbarr as a friend

A good day out at the end of the day. Both sides played well, Oxford gave us a few things to think about. I hope never to see that ref again. He could get a player injured. Guaita was quite good, Wayne unlucky on the goal as the ball out was inch perfect. Might have done better if he hadn't come up as far but it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Impressed again with AWB and Kaikai, Sakho got a bit eccentric today. Still a good effort and the side looks to be rounding into shape quite nicely. Oh, to the next person who gets their knickers in a twist every time a tabloid floats a scurrilous transfer rumour, always remember the source. If either the Sun or Mirror publish a front page headline "The Earth Is Round," make sure to get independent confirmation! Wilf is Palace through and through and showed it once again today.

 


Divorced...And LOVING it!
VJRAM Rev.
CPFC since Boxing Day 1989 CPFC 2-2 CFC
Gregg Berhalter, US International & USMNT Head Coach
Jill Ellis, England International & Retired USWNT Head Coach
Trevor Francis, International PRAT

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Loz83's Profile Loz83 Flag Crawley 21 Jul 18 5.03pm Send a Private Message to Loz83 Add Loz83 as a friend

This game was a great physical workout, so much better than last seasons joke of a pre season under de boer. Wilf ,Townsend and schlupp great today. Jairo looks like a cb playing in midfield hes too slow but is a good passer to be fair to him. Sorloth looks lost Im afraid, if thats who were pinning of hopes on then god help us. Kai Kai was lively when he came on too. Were crying out for a pacy striker and a quality midfielder(as we all know). Please can we just sign some bloody players!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
chateauferret Flag 21 Jul 18 5.06pm

Originally posted by Loz83

This game was a great physical workout, so much better than last seasons joke of a pre season under de boer. Wilf ,Townsend and schlupp great today. Jairo looks like a cb playing in midfield hes too slow but is a good passer to be fair to him. Sorloth looks lost Im afraid, if thats who were pinning of hopes on then god help us. Kai Kai was lively when he came on too. Were crying out for a pacy striker and a quality midfielder(as we all know). Please can we just sign some bloody players!!!

I think Soerloth needs decent and specific instructions. He got that when he was shoved on on the left during season and didn't look bad. I expect today it was more like "go out there and play football son" and he didn't really know what his job was. Wilf's great with freedom like that; some players can't function like that though.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 21 Jul 18 5.44pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by kenbarr

A good day out at the end of the day. Both sides played well, Oxford gave us a few things to think about. I hope never to see that ref again. He could get a player injured. Guaita was quite good, Wayne unlucky on the goal as the ball out was inch perfect. Might have done better if he hadn't come up as far but it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Impressed again with AWB and Kaikai, Sakho got a bit eccentric today. Still a good effort and the side looks to be rounding into shape quite nicely. Oh, to the next person who gets their knickers in a twist every time a tabloid floats a scurrilous transfer rumour, always remember the source. If either the Sun or Mirror publish a front page headline "The Earth Is Round," make sure to get independent confirmation! Wilf is Palace through and through and showed it once again today.

You do know that round things are flat i.e 2 dimensional, right

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 21 Jul 18 6.27pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

I think Soerloth needs decent and specific instructions. He got that when he was shoved on on the left during season and didn't look bad. I expect today it was more like "go out there and play football son" and he didn't really know what his job was. Wilf's great with freedom like that; some players can't function like that though.

To a certain extent I agree with you about Soerlorth but I think it also demonstrated why Benteke only got 3 goals last season. If you are going to play a big target man you need to play to his strengths and I can only remember one cross to him in a goal scoring position and he just missed target. He flicked on a couple of balls where another player should have scored but didn't. The one major mistake he made was where he went for a pass from winger and Townsend crossed it. I can't remember any passes to him like the one to Kaikai where he could have run on and scored.

I am still not convinced with Wilf as a striker, the goal whilst a good goal was in my mind a wingers type of goal. He didn't link well with Solorth , there were a few occasions Solorth was in a better position but wilf either shot or hit the defender and I can't remember a decent attempted assist to him. He was better when Kaikai was on.

If we are to play Benteke or Solorth then I think we need the wingers to get the ball to their heads or where they can run onto them. At the moment they have to go looking for the ball and create own chances

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 11 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Oxford United V Crystal Palace thread