You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Holmesdale Fanatics thread
October 7 2022 2.32pm

The Holmesdale Fanatics thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 68 of 203 < 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 >

 

View c_block_shedevil's Profile c_block_shedevil Flag London 22 Aug 18 9.30pm Send a Private Message to c_block_shedevil Add c_block_shedevil as a friend

Originally posted by spartakev2

Which is absolutely correct.I've been a palace fan for 47 years. I sing now and again, usually when we're doing well. Not so much when we're doing badly. Guess that makes me a bad fan.

Of course it doesn't make you a bad fan hun. I'm agreeing with you. Fans are free to support the club however they see fit.

 


I'm tough. I'm ambitious. I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, I'm OK with that.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nobbybm's Profile Nobbybm Flag Dartford 23 Aug 18 12.07am Send a Private Message to Nobbybm Add Nobbybm as a friend

Originally posted by manwitheagletattoo

As far as I can work out, no one knows exactly what has gone on between the club and the HF, IF anything, but the conclusion is now that it’s all the HF fault they have throw toys out of their pram because they couldn’t get their own way. something doesn’t make sense here

I’m not sure anyone’s concluded it was the HF’s fault, as such, but it is their chosen course of action that is under scrutiny. As has been stated several times, they weren’t forced to disband but have chosen to. They may see it as justified but to an outsider it does look ‘flouncy’ - either way, it’s certainly to the detriment of the club they support.

It is them, and only them, who can bring it back but that’s not to say something new/different won’t rise from within the crowd.

We all need to get behind the team & show our support with or without the HF and they shouldn’t feel that getting back together is in any way backing down from their disagreement with the Club. IMHO, of course.

 


Will this be five? It's gonna be five! It IS five!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesally's Profile eaglesally Flag New Brighton 23 Aug 18 12.54am Send a Private Message to eaglesally Add eaglesally as a friend

What interests me is that there have been 68 pages (so far) of comments and some media coverage of the HF controversy. However, there hasn't been a peep from either Steve Parish or the HF. I do hope that this means that there are still talks ongoing - with a possible solution in the offing.

If they're not coming back, we need a drum and drummer. Large crowds can't keep time - they seem to see it as a competition and speed up so that the song peters out.

I had a sore throat yesterday from trying to sing as much as I could from my seat. Don't think I'd be much use with a drum in row 9 of the Upper Hol so how can we do something to sort at least a temporary drum?

 


Crystal Palace - dull it's not!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 23 Aug 18 2.18am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesally

What interests me is that there have been 68 pages (so far) of comments and some media coverage of the HF controversy. However, there hasn't been a peep from either Steve Parish or the HF. I do hope that this means that there are still talks ongoing - with a possible solution in the offing.

If they're not coming back, we need a drum and drummer. Large crowds can't keep time - they seem to see it as a competition and speed up so that the song peters out.

I had a sore throat yesterday from trying to sing as much as I could from my seat. Don't think I'd be much use with a drum in row 9 of the Upper Hol so how can we do something to sort at least a temporary drum?

Losing the drum was one of the better outcomes of this, in my opinion and not having teenage t055ers throwing fireworks into Block F at our feet.

Maybe SP is learning when it's prudent to say something, and when to keep schtuum. Posting comments from either side on a website is not going to be helpful to getting resolution

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
michaelpearce Flag grays 23 Aug 18 8.10am

Originally posted by eaglesally

What interests me is that there have been 68 pages (so far) of comments and some media coverage of the HF controversy. However, there hasn't been a peep from either Steve Parish or the HF. I do hope that this means that there are still talks ongoing - with a possible solution in the offing.

If they're not coming back, we need a drum and drummer. Large crowds can't keep time - they seem to see it as a competition and speed up so that the song peters out.

I had a sore throat yesterday from trying to sing as much as I could from my seat. Don't think I'd be much use with a drum in row 9 of the Upper Hol so how can we do something to sort at least a temporary drum?

totally agree, i have been a critic of the HF and the actions they have taken which is detrimental to the atmosphere and support of the team,

but no one has come forward from both camps saying the thing is dead in the water,so maybe after Monday night both party's may realize they are both hurting the team and soul of the club.

we are having a new stand being built would have thought the HF could wait till then and the club can persuade fans to move easier,

but we dont want to get into the same state as other clubs with ultras, running the the clubs with threats

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 23 Aug 18 9.51am Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Okay so I admit that I haven't read all 68 pages so apologies if these points have been raised elsewhere but does anyone know whether:
1. The HF still keep their flags and banners at Selhurst Park.
2. Does anyone on here have a regular standing order set up with the HF's bank account to donate to their excellent displays. Is the payment being accepted or bounced back from a closed account?
3. Has the club indicated that it will save the block behind the goal for the HF for cup matches.

Points 1 & 2 may give us a steer as to whether the current situation is a permanent disbanding or a temporary measure.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Aug 18 9.59am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

Okay so I admit that I haven't read all 68 pages so apologies if these points have been raised elsewhere but does anyone know whether:
1. The HF still keep their flags and banners at Selhurst Park.
2. Does anyone on here have a regular standing order set up with the HF's bank account to donate to their excellent displays. Is the payment being accepted or bounced back from a closed account?
3. Has the club indicated that it will save the block behind the goal for the HF for cup matches.

Points 1 & 2 may give us a steer as to whether the current situation is a permanent disbanding or a temporary measure.

1. Parish has the key to the cupboard kept in his desk drawer under his spare stapler and hole punch and the key to that is kept in his ultra tight suit trousers.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (23 Aug 2018 9.59am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 23 Aug 18 10.00am Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

I sent away straight after the game and am just back. Quite surprised that many are slating the atmosphere on Monday as from block D it seemed pretty good.

Yes, it would have been better with the HF and much as I wouldn't want a drum too close to me, we did miss it as the songs would often go far too fast.

Eagles being sung again at corners was nice.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tinribzzz's Profile tinribzzz Flag BROMLEY 23 Aug 18 11.18am Send a Private Message to tinribzzz Add tinribzzz as a friend

This thread is of course running away a bit now but here is my opinion.

I have had a season ticket on and off for Palace for a few years. This is my first season in a while due to me being in Thailand the past 2 years. Besides the point - it is evident that the HF have helped create the unique atmosphere that Selhurst has become quite famous for and potentially is a reason why we have a fair amount of Sky coverage, so I am fully hoping this can get sorted.

My idea is that us fans need to show the HF that we stand by them. And we should urge people NOT to purchase tickets at the front of block B for the next few games at least. I have just purchased my friends tickets for the Arsenal game and despite the fact I sit in Block B, I have bought for else where in the stadium. If we can leave these seats free for at least a few games perhaps there is room for manoeuvre?

Edited by tinribzzz (23 Aug 2018 11.19am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Aug 18 12.01pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by tinribzzz

This thread is of course running away a bit now but here is my opinion.

I have had a season ticket on and off for Palace for a few years. This is my first season in a while due to me being in Thailand the past 2 years. Besides the point - it is evident that the HF have helped create the unique atmosphere that Selhurst has become quite famous for and potentially is a reason why we have a fair amount of Sky coverage, so I am fully hoping this can get sorted.

My idea is that us fans need to show the HF that we stand by them. And we should urge people NOT to purchase tickets at the front of block B for the next few games at least. I have just purchased my friends tickets for the Arsenal game and despite the fact I sit in Block B, I have bought for else where in the stadium. If we can leave these seats free for at least a few games perhaps there is room for manoeuvre?

Edited by tinribzzz (23 Aug 2018 11.19am)

They’ll still get sold in the days leading up to home matches as availability reduces as v Liverpool, just not sold as season tickets, although a few probably have, but would be moved back to roughly where their season tickets were originally if the HF went back to block B.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 23 Aug 18 12.21pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

Originally posted by tinribzzz

This thread is of course running away a bit now but here is my opinion.

I have had a season ticket on and off for Palace for a few years. This is my first season in a while due to me being in Thailand the past 2 years. Besides the point - it is evident that the HF have helped create the unique atmosphere that Selhurst has become quite famous for and potentially is a reason why we have a fair amount of Sky coverage, so I am fully hoping this can get sorted.

My idea is that us fans need to show the HF that we stand by them. And we should urge people NOT to purchase tickets at the front of block B for the next few games at least. I have just purchased my friends tickets for the Arsenal game and despite the fact I sit in Block B, I have bought for else where in the stadium. If we can leave these seats free for at least a few games perhaps there is room for manoeuvre?

Edited by tinribzzz (23 Aug 2018 11.19am)

I wonder if there is a compromise with the Block B seats they originally occupied. It is clear that some are still available so it may be posssible to move new season ticket holders to give them block back

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 23 Aug 18 6.06pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by .TUX.

But it also appears that our club have not aided those that have done more for our club, outside of the boardroom, than anyone else for many years now.
Your stance, along with others, is tainted because you personally won't miss them. Fine.
Sorry to piss on your parade but it's not about you, others or me for that matter, it's about losing something that only we have in this league. Something that only we, still a small fish in a big pond, are recognised for. And now it appears that in the best period in our clubs history.........we, as a club, somehow go and f*** it up.
This is a huge loss. The best display that Wembley has ever seen for The Cup Final (that you also wallowed in i guess???????) was easily worth the 'Freedom of Selhurst' imo for a good few years let alone the effort that the lads put into many others at home.

Our loss as a club. Simple as that.


I never wallowed in anything because I dont like them. Why would I be proud of or enjoy credit for something that I dont even like?
You talk as if the HF are the envy of the football world. You watch too much Sky and BT sport my friend. The majority of friends/aquaintences that support other teams opinions of them range from merely ok to a bit cringy. One Arsenal supporting mate summed it up perfectly. A bunch of spotty teenagers with hankerchieves over their faces trying to be 'Ultras' like Lazio or Torino. Pathetic and embarrassing. Thats his opinion not mine but I do see where he is coming from.

But suppose for one moment you are right (Far from it) and everyone is unanimous that they were soooo great. What would you suggest? running after them begging them to come back? Pleading maybe? Prehaps you might even turn on the old water works? That might pull on the heart strings?
They're gone. MOVE ON!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 68 of 203 < 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Holmesdale Fanatics thread