You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Jairo Riedewald thread
October 1 2020 5.05pm

The Jairo Riedewald thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 24 of 32 < 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 11 Jan 20 6.02pm Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

Said it a few weeks ago.. Better than PVA.. He is strong on the ball, can pass, tackle and wants to prove himself to the Palace Faithfull.

Could be the signing on the season... If you get the drift..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 11 Jan 20 6.06pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

To the tune of Westlife, world of our own...

Oh, we’ve got a Riedewald of our own
He can do things that no one else knows
Plays in positions where no one else goes
What would we do without you?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 11 Jan 20 6.27pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by jerryleeboy

I love Roy..but the blame stops with him. He will never play jairo/max/McCarthy etc etc..he just doesn’t like them...we all know they won’t be playing now if ‘roys’ team was fit. It pains so much to say that Roy has to go if we are to progress..it that simple.

In fairness Riedewald has previous looked overweight and off the pace and has done little in cup games, pre season friendlies etc suggest he should be ahead of PVA, Luka, Kouyate. JM. etc.

He’s taken his recent opportunity well and was excellent today great feet in Arsenal’s third.

For his faults PVA brings balance with his pace and attacking threat from defence

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (11 Jan 2020 6.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 11 Jan 20 6.31pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

I'd be happy to see them both in the team when fully fit. Think we'd be much more creative going forwards.

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

In fairness Riedewald has previous looked overweight and off the pace and has done little in cup games, pre season friendlies etc suggest he should be ahead of PVA, Luka, Kouyate. JM. etc.

He’s taken his recent opportunity well and was excellent today great feet in Arsenal’s third.

For his faults PVA brings balance with his pace and attacking threat from defence

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (11 Jan 2020 6.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Jan 20 7.00pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by VinceHilaire

Said it a few weeks ago.. Better than PVA.. He is strong on the ball, can pass, tackle and wants to prove himself to the Palace Faithfull.

Could be the signing on the season... If you get the drift..

Agree 100%, clubs will have taken notice of him and we will have another battle over keeping him, almost too good for us now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 11 Jan 20 7.07pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by VinceHilaire

Said it a few weeks ago.. Better than PVA.. He is strong on the ball, can pass, tackle and wants to prove himself to the Palace Faithfull.

Could be the signing on the season... If you get the drift..

Totally agree. Much better than PVA actually. Ajax don’t create s***e players.

Hodgson’s man management leaves a lot to be desired with fringe players, but the favorites just love him as they play even when they are woefully out of form.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Jan 20 7.07pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

In fairness Riedewald has previous looked overweight and off the pace and has done little in cup games, pre season friendlies etc suggest he should be ahead of PVA, Luka, Kouyate. JM. etc.

He’s taken his recent opportunity well and was excellent today great feet in Arsenal’s third.

For his faults PVA brings balance with his pace and attacking threat from defence

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (11 Jan 2020 6.28pm)

Yes he does but, too often gets well carried away with attacking and is completely missing when needed at the other end and I'm referring to when he gives the ball away when moving forward which he does an awful amount of times, Riedewald is a much much better passer of the ball and seems to never make silly stupid ridiculous mistakes he is miles and miles better then PVA in my book.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Jan 20 7.18pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Totally agree. Much better than PVA actually. Ajax don’t create s***e players.

Hodgson’s man management leaves a lot to be desired with fringe players, but the favorites just love him as they play even when they are woefully out of form.

So far all his players have all played their part, they all want to play for him and it's clear to see, players always have to wait for injuries to get their opportunity, otherwise the dressing room can become a problem, the only player I'm having any issues with is Kelly, he is struggling in this position both forward and back.
We didn't miss our captain at all which pleased me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Robk's Profile Robk Flag 11 Jan 20 7.24pm Send a Private Message to Robk Add Robk as a friend

I’m not surprised he got Man of the Match... I think he is a top player.. not surprised that he may have been a tad overweight..the guy hasn’t played.. think he’ll get better & better... Shields the ball brilliantly and is probably the best passer in the team!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 11 Jan 20 7.32pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

Yes he does but, too often gets well carried away with attacking and is completely missing when needed at the other end and I'm referring to when he gives the ball away when moving forward which he does an awful amount of times, Riedewald is a much much better passer of the ball and seems to never make silly stupid ridiculous mistakes he is miles and miles better then PVA in my book.

Riedewald has had let offs in a couple of games ie Brighton’s “penalty” a poor back header today in our box and a similar one against West Ham.

He did well today but the biggest issue with the current injuries is th3 lack of balance with regard to pace and players who the opposition have to defend seriously. Riedewald’s done well today but Arsenal had the relative luxury of trebling up on Zaha knowing that PVA wouldn’t be there to go past him.

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (11 Jan 2020 7.38pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 11 Jan 20 7.36pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Riedewald has had let offs in a couple of games ie Brighton’s “penalty” a poor back header today in our box and a similar one against West Ham.

He did well today but the biggest issue with the current injuries is th3 lack of balance with regard to pace and players who the opposition have to defend seriously. Riedewald’s done well today but Arsenal had the relative luxury of trebling up on Zaha knowing that PVA wouldn’t be there to go past him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 11 Jan 20 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

He is certainly starting to look the part. I think we should find room for him in midfield when PVA is fit as he has composure on the ball and can pick a pass.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 24 of 32 < 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Jairo Riedewald thread