You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Best Squad Ever ?
December 17 2018 7.08pm

Best Squad Ever ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Croydonlad's Profile Croydonlad Flag sydenham 10 Aug 18 5.49am Send a Private Message to Croydonlad Add Croydonlad as a friend

I admit Iíve been very critical of the Chairmenís transfer policy over the years , but I hold my hands up .
To keep hold of Zaha and everyone and get the players in he has its first class , and to my mind has created the strongest squad the club has ever had .
Very capable of a top 8 finish
Congrats

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View OneMax's Profile OneMax Flag Maidstone 10 Aug 18 6.43am Send a Private Message to OneMax Add OneMax as a friend

Agreed, very solid but with flare. The back bone is the same team that finished strongely last season we are unlikly to start messing about with a new system. So very positive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ben Vicar's Profile Ben Vicar Flag London 10 Aug 18 8.03am Send a Private Message to Ben Vicar Add Ben Vicar as a friend

What a refreshingly honest and positive post. I couldnít agree more. SP and the rest of the club deserve real credit for holding on to Wilf and making quality but financially canny additions to the squad. We start the season with the majority of players being very familiar with each other and the way we play and also super clear about their roles. Iíd also love us to get the planned works on the ground done (I live in the South East and get constant grief for Brighton fans about their maginifjevnt stadium!!) so being clever with the clubs finances is super important. Canít wait for the season to start.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chateauferret's Profile chateauferret Online Flag Airdrie 10 Aug 18 9.00am Send a Private Message to chateauferret Add chateauferret as a friend

Originally posted by Ben Vicar

What a refreshingly honest and positive post. I couldnít agree more. SP and the rest of the club deserve real credit for holding on to Wilf and making quality but financially canny additions to the squad. We start the season with the majority of players being very familiar with each other and the way we play and also super clear about their roles. Iíd also love us to get the planned works on the ground done (I live in the South East and get constant grief for Brighton fans about their maginifjevnt stadium!!) so being clever with the clubs finances is super important. Canít wait for the season to start.

Seaweed's "magnificent" stadium looks like it's been assembled from Lego and bits of Subbuteo stuff. Shiny and new but plastic, soulless and generally s***.

Oh, and they haven't got Wilf either.

One thing we should credit the Board with is keeping Selhurst Selhurst and Palace Palace. It would have been easy to give in to the pressures of commercial football and put us in a plastic temple out in the sticks with lots of empty seats and telescopes to see the pitch through. Our atmosphere and character is a valuable part of the club and widely renowned, and they're things that the weed will never have.

Edited by chateauferret (10 Aug 2018 9.05am)

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 Aug 18 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Croydonlad

I admit Iíve been very critical of the Chairmenís transfer policy over the years , but I hold my hands up .
To keep hold of Zaha and everyone and get the players in he has its first class , and to my mind has created the strongest squad the club has ever had .
Very capable of a top 8 finish
Congrats

Yes its a welcome change. Capable of achieving a high finish but Iíd be thankful for being comfortably out of the drop zone all season.

I think thereís a mix of Parish getting the message more, Roy and the window closing before the season starts and also anybody knowing how desperate we are for one particular position, which parish is prepared to walk away from, which is great when thereís other possibilities but when itís the eleventh hour youíre screwed.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 10 Aug 18 4.57pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

I donít see that this seasons squad is better than last seasons. We have lost to starters (RLC and Cabaye) and 2 effective replacements (Sako and TFM) and replaced with Kouyate Meyer and Ayew. Maybe itís about the same but stronger... no.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheExpatEagle's Profile TheExpatEagle Flag Sweden 10 Aug 18 7.47pm Send a Private Message to TheExpatEagle Add TheExpatEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

I donít see that this seasons squad is better than last seasons. We have lost to starters (RLC and Cabaye) and 2 effective replacements (Sako and TFM) and replaced with Kouyate Meyer and Ayew. Maybe itís about the same but stronger... no.

Completely agree.

Individually the 4 players who have come in might be better than the 4 strongest players who left but combined the 7 or 8 players who left are stronger than the 4 who came in.

Simple.

 


South London and Proud - a blog, podcast and discussion forum. Visit [Link]
The Expat Eagle - a blog and podcast about an expat in Sweden visit [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 10 Aug 18 9.02pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

Seaweed's "magnificent" stadium looks like it's been assembled from Lego and bits of Subbuteo stuff.
Edited by chateauferret (10 Aug 2018 9.05am)

But as an opening shot on TV the contrast with our stand could not be more marked. Bit embarrassing TBH. Can't wait for the improvements

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 Aug 18 9.14pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by TheExpatEagle

Completely agree.

Individually the 4 players who have come in might be better than the 4 strongest players who left but combined the 7 or 8 players who left are stronger than the 4 who came in.

Simple.

Well Iím glad weíve done what weíve done rather than fill the squad with sub standard championship players. The numbers in quality in all the departments is actually pretty good, theyíre all permanent, and Ayew probably will be if it goes well. I take little confort in knowing thereís a good few sh1t players at this level we only use as a very last resooor not at all.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View FanatiX's Profile FanatiX Flag 10 Aug 18 9.36pm Send a Private Message to FanatiX Add FanatiX as a friend

I disagree to a degree, RLC is a loss yes and added greatly to the last 1/3 of the season. Cabaye wasn't as effective last season and I'm sure Meyer will fill that void and wage. Sako and TFM doubt they will be missed.

IMO, Ayew is going to give us a lot of options in terms of forward rotations, heís fast and does possess some good skills that the team can unlock and maintain
just like RLC. If Roy can dial him in then we're onto a winner.

The squad looks in really good shape with some great talent...bring it on!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View FairweatherEagle's Profile FairweatherEagle Flag London 10 Aug 18 9.55pm Send a Private Message to FairweatherEagle Add FairweatherEagle as a friend

Its a very good squad, how do people (who really knew that team) think it compares to the team of the 80s?

Account for increased fitness levels and pace in the modern day game i.e. try and eliminate that as a factor.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View twist's Profile twist Flag Miami, Florida 10 Aug 18 10.48pm Send a Private Message to twist Add twist as a friend

So your saying current squad is better than [Link]

or maybe even

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Best Squad Ever ?