You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > 3 worst teams?
June 17 2019 2.05am

3 worst teams?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 12 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 09 Nov 18 4.26am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by dp

It think you are looking at this through tinted glasses.

There is absolutely no evidence that Newcastle, Burnley or Fulham are any more or less likely than us to pull away from the relegation zone.

Just like there is little evidence that Brighton are going to get dragged back into it.

also... newcastle, burnley and fulham all have strikers who know how to score.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 09 Nov 18 6.34am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

How on earth is that looking at it through rose tinted glasses - i am saying we are in a relegation scrap...
If anything i am being a pessimist - saying other clubs will pull away... and we won't... but whatever, carry on commenting on posts you don't understand.

Who said “rose tinted glasses”? I certainly didn’t. I think the Hebrew term is “black tinted glasses”.

I agree that you are being a pessimist. That was the point, but what is the justification for your pessimism? Why do you think that any of the other teams are any more, or less likely to pick up points than we are?

As for your puerile barb at the end of your post, I enjoyed the irony.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 09 Nov 18 9.29am Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

A lot of clubs haven’t worked out how to be jammy and finish 10th and 11th in the Premier.
You highlighted some clubs, but fail to mention established clubs that succumbed to relegation ie Villa, Swansea, West Brom, Stoke etc, all were in the Premier before us.

interesting That you mention West Brom - I see us as direct comparison to them.

They were a 'yoyo' club, as were we. they then managed To Stay up a Few years before we did, then had a decent stab at being an established club after a few years (not sure how many years)then finally succumbing to the years of relegation dogfighting.

We are about in that timeframe when they succumbed.

 


"I'm not black, like Barry White, I am white, like Frank Black is"

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 09 Nov 18 9.36am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

interesting That you mention West Brom - I see us as direct comparison to them.

They were a 'yoyo' club, as were we. they then managed To Stay up a Few years before we did, then had a decent stab at being an established club after a few years (not sure how many years)then finally succumbing to the years of relegation dogfighting.

We are about in that timeframe when they succumbed.

WBA went back into the PL in 2010-11 season and stayed there for 8 seasons before being relegated last season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 10 Nov 18 12.30am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by dp

Who said “rose tinted glasses”? I certainly didn’t. I think the Hebrew term is “black tinted glasses”.

I agree that you are being a pessimist. That was the point, but what is the justification for your pessimism? Why do you think that any of the other teams are any more, or less likely to pick up points than we are?

As for your puerile barb at the end of your post, I enjoyed the irony.

Cool, cool, well mate, since i didn't take hebrew in class and since i don't read minds as you excluded the word black, your 'tinted glasses' comment was lost on me, naturally as the term more commonly used, at least in my mind, is 'rose tinted' - you can appreciate that right? You idiom!

So you think the table will stay as it is, with no fluctuation, no surprise team finding form, no team hitting poor form? You don't think anything like that will happen around us, just stay as it is for the next 2/3rds?

So last year and the years before that where clubs at the bottom pulled away and some got sucked in, that won't happen?? I call Shtuyot B’mitz!!

Based on history, if you think for one minute there is no justification to feel this season looks so far to be anything but a relegation scrap (strikers off the boil, manager not finding his stride) - then, you must be the eternal optimist - which (as they say in norwich) must be the worth of boast worlds.

Edited by Vaibow (10 Nov 2018 12.40am)

Edited by Vaibow (10 Nov 2018 12.49am)

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 10 Nov 18 7.53am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Cool, cool, well mate, since i didn't take hebrew in class and since i don't read minds as you excluded the word black, your 'tinted glasses' comment was lost on me, naturally as the term more commonly used, at least in my mind, is 'rose tinted' - you can appreciate that right? You idiom!

So you think the table will stay as it is, with no fluctuation, no surprise team finding form, no team hitting poor form? You don't think anything like that will happen around us, just stay as it is for the next 2/3rds?

So last year and the years before that where clubs at the bottom pulled away and some got sucked in, that won't happen?? I call Shtuyot B’mitz!!

Based on history, if you think for one minute there is no justification to feel this season looks so far to be anything but a relegation scrap (strikers off the boil, manager not finding his stride) - then, you must be the eternal optimist - which (as they say in norwich) must be the worth of boast worlds.

Did you read my original post.

Did I say that the table would stay as it is? No I didn’t.
Did I say that there would be no fluctuation, no surprise, no team hitting form? No I didn’t.

What I said was that there was no justification that Newcastle, Burnley or Fulham are any more, or less likely than us to pull away from the Relegation Zone; and there is no justification that Brighton will be dragged back into it.

If recent history is your justification then that shows that Crystal Palace have always (in the last few years) ended up finding a bit of form and being clear of relegation by the end of the season. So that doesn’t support your pessimism.

For the record, I think that we are more likely to be relegated in the next six seasons than we are to get into Europe. However, I don’t think that, at this stage in the season, we can say that we are any more likely or less likely than Newcastle, Burnley or Fulham to go down this season and we should just enjoy the season as it unfolds.

Just because I am asking you to justify your prediction, it doesn’t make me an eternal optimist. I think I am a realist who wants to enjoy the ride none-the-less.

Edited by dp (10 Nov 2018 8.00am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 10 Nov 18 8.09am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Dannyh.V2

The unpalatable truth is we have never replaced Murray. No matter what your opinions are on the Murray saga, the fact is he scored us goals, no one has since.

Sorloth is not up to it, Wickham is made of glass, and Benheskey couldn't finish a 4 piece puzzle. We are better (potentially) than at least 5-6 teams in the prem which should see us comfortable come May.

However that is on the basis that we come up with a striker who isn't a has been, can score, and isn't made of glass. Because if we don't we could easily get relegated with Fulham/Huddersfield and Cardiff.

What pisses me off, is we have been in this league a good while now and have we progressed at all ? In real terms I would argue no we have not, meanwhile you have the likes of Wolves, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Leicester and even the weed who are building and improving each year, all of whom we have been in the prem longer than.

We always f*** up in the transfer market, and somehow have jammed survival each year. How ever if we don't find someone who can score goals in the window I do honestly think we will struggle to stay up. Goals win games.

Edited by Dannyh.V2 (07 Nov 2018 12.15pm)

Wolves, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, all have far richer owners than we do,Bournemouth for example have a couple of very good strikers in there team at the moment, but they have at least half a dozen of high priced players who cant get in there team, as well as Defoe who is on 100,000 a week but doesn't play, we are not the only team who can't get our transters right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Nov 18 9.15am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Wolves, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, all have far richer owners than we do,Bournemouth for example have a couple of very good strikers in there team at the moment, but they have at least half a dozen of high priced players who cant get in there team, as well as Defoe who is on 100,000 a week but doesn't play, we are not the only team who can't get our transters right.

I cannot think of "half a dozen". Jordan Ibe at £15 Mill hasn't played that much this season but did make 38 appearances for them in the last campaign.I am not aware of a host of others on their books who cannot get into the side this season after they have paid significant sums for their services.

Edited by Willo (10 Nov 2018 9.22am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dp's Profile dp Flag Tunbridge Wells 10 Nov 18 10.16am Send a Private Message to dp Add dp as a friend

Originally posted by Dannyh.V2

The unpalatable truth is we have never replaced Murray. No matter what your opinions are on the Murray saga, the fact is he scored us goals, no one has since.

Sorloth is not up to it, Wickham is made of glass, and Benheskey couldn't finish a 4 piece puzzle. We are better (potentially) than at least 5-6 teams in the prem which should see us comfortable come May.

However that is on the basis that we come up with a striker who isn't a has been, can score, and isn't made of glass. Because if we don't we could easily get relegated with Fulham/Huddersfield and Cardiff.

What pisses me off, is we have been in this league a good while now and have we progressed at all ? In real terms I would argue no we have not, meanwhile you have the likes of Wolves, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Leicester and even the weed who are building and improving each year, all of whom we have been in the prem longer than.

We always f*** up in the transfer market, and somehow have jammed survival each year. How ever if we don't find someone who can score goals in the window I do honestly think we will struggle to stay up. Goals win games.

Edited by Dannyh.V2 (07 Nov 2018 12.15pm)

I agree with the sentiment. Although goals (scored) win games, and goals (conceded) lose games.

If you look at the Premiership since we have been back in the Premiership, you will see our position by goals scored, goals conceded and actual finish as follows:

2013/14 - we scored 33 goals (18th) and conceded 48 goals (7th) - 11th.
2014/15 - scored 47 goals (10th), conceded 51 (10th) - 10th.
2015/16 - scored 39 goals (18th) and conceded 51 goals (10th) - 15th.
2016/17 - scored 50 goals (9th) , conceded 63 goals (14th) - 14th,
2016/17 - scored 45 goals (10th), conceded 55 goals (10th) - 11th.

So we have often been in the relegation zone on goals scored, but always been comfortably in mid table on goals conceded.

So whilst I agree with you that we need to find a way to score more goals, I think we need to be careful that that doesn't come at the expense of conceding.

I alway remember Blackpool getting relegated. They scored 55 goals that season, more than we have ever managed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bitter's Profile Bitter Flag Harpenden 10 Nov 18 11.52am Send a Private Message to Bitter Add Bitter as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian

WE ARE GOING DOWN THIS SEASON!! No goals equals no points! Can anyone see where goals are coming from? Certainly not Benteke or Sorloth!!


It’s way too early to say we’re going down. If you look at the teams that get relegated, conceding the most goals has always been more important than scoring the fewest. Although, we have gifted some goals and lost to supposedly inferior teams, we still have conceded fewer goals than 7 other teams, including Moan Utd.
Personally, I think our luck will balance out over the course of the season and we will finish above Cardiff, Thuggersfield, Southampton, Fulham, Burnley and, of course, Brighton.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View tinribzzz's Profile tinribzzz Flag BROMLEY 10 Nov 18 2.35pm Send a Private Message to tinribzzz Add tinribzzz as a friend

Cardiff who are apparently certain to go down are now level on points with us!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 10 Nov 18 2.43pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by tinribzzz

Cardiff who are apparently certain to go down are now level on points with us!

Totally agree,feel Parish & Co have become far too complacent and have got to wake up and smell the coffee.

As per every season,we are now,like it or not,in another relegation battle worsened by having no effective striker.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 12 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > 3 worst teams?