You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
September 19 2019 7.53pm

The Wan Bissaka thread (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 105 of 106 < 101 102 103 104 105 106 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

Topic Locked

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 01 Jul 19 10.35am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Oops

I hope I conveyed sarcasm there.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 01 Jul 19 12.02pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

And thatís why youíre in this current fantasy where we donít have any financial issues, Prem money is infinite, we probably have as much as the top 6 and donít have to sell anyone when the last player we sold was Bolasie in August 2016. We had to raise money from sales in the championship to the tune of £5 mil per financial year and were saved by promotion or weíd be struggling to get promotion without Zaha. We now have to do it in the Prem, and the way weíve managed recruitment has maybe made us safer in the short term but brought this on in the longer term.

That is reality of the situation and not the clubís responsibility to provide you with some escapism, as much as Iíd love to experience that myself. But Iíll have to put up with it and some of Royís boring football, because thatís the reality until weíre purchased by a multi billionaire.

In escapism, there is no reality, which is becoming obvious by some posts.
Your going to have to put up with Roy and Parish, as I canít see a multi billionaire turning up anytime soon. If they did the chance of them pouring money in to any significant extent is slim. We just arenít an attractive purchase, no history to speak of, run down ground thatís hard to improve, poor transport links and not making a profit. Only a fan would buy!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jul 19 12.28pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

In escapism, there is no reality, which is becoming obvious by some posts.
Your going to have to put up with Roy and Parish, as I canít see a multi billionaire turning up anytime soon. If they did the chance of them pouring money in to any significant extent is slim. We just arenít an attractive purchase, no history to speak of, run down ground thatís hard to improve, poor transport links and not making a profit. Only a fan would buy!

Yes thereís only a few points in our history where we gain Ďgloryí supporters, not that thereís been much of that. Just flirting with it.

Weíre made up of local fans or relations of fans who were local fans. The spread isnít down to size or success. I kind of like that but we need to grow, but itís only going to happen if an owner takes an initial loss with a long term view.

What Hrolf wants is an instant solution, but with our owners thatís not going to happen, and with the recent errors made to put us in the position we need to sell players to buy or absorb financial losses, even less likely.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (01 Jul 2019 2.53pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Jamesey's Profile Jamesey Flag Wandsworth 01 Jul 19 1.47pm Send a Private Message to Jamesey Add Jamesey as a friend

It is sad that we could only keep AWB for such a short time. Once when we unearthed talents like Kenny Sansom, Ian Wright and Wilf we managed to get the benefit of them for a few seasons or far longer. Now Aaron goes after one and a bit top-level seasons. Even if they choose to go it is tragic for the supporter...

Edited by Jamesey (01 Jul 2019 1.52pm)

 


Nothing is fool-proof - fools are too ingenious

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 01 Jul 19 8.17pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

In escapism, there is no reality, which is becoming obvious by some posts.
Your going to have to put up with Roy and Parish, as I canít see a multi billionaire turning up anytime soon. If they did the chance of them pouring money in to any significant extent is slim. We just arenít an attractive purchase, no history to speak of, run down ground thatís hard to improve, poor transport links and not making a profit. Only a fan would buy!

I disagree.

We are currently a Premiership club and that alone makes us attractive at the right price.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View MikeCrete's Profile MikeCrete Flag Cheam/Crete 01 Jul 19 9.32pm Send a Private Message to MikeCrete Add MikeCrete as a friend

Originally posted by Jamesey

It is sad that we could only keep AWB for such a short time. Once when we unearthed talents like Kenny Sansom, Ian Wright and Wilf we managed to get the benefit of them for a few seasons or far longer. Now Aaron goes after one and a bit top-level seasons. Even if they choose to go it is tragic for the supporter...

Edited by Jamesey (01 Jul 2019 1.52pm)

With Benteke staying we could not afford to pay AWB anything like his worth, shame but there we go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 02 Jul 19 6.37am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Thing is, AWB was happy to stay, ofcourse inside he probably had desire but he's a sensible lad and knew it was around the corner, we all did, this is no means a surprise.

Parish knew that AWB will generate big cash...and that he can easily be replaced, we don't need a world class defender, we just need a defender that suits our needs, plenty of them to go about.

Attacking players however, on wilf's level, not so easy to attract - valued at 70 mil, if he was for sale right now, we would have no chance - never.

However, those two can give us 100 mil.

All clubs have to rebuild at some stage and it's totally obvious that we have been relying on different managers coming in, but using Wilf as the talisman.

We need to look to the next 5 year and think where do we want to be and this summer is perfect, with the money from those two, to push forward and cement ourselves as a midtable side.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 02 Jul 19 7.04am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Thing is, AWB was happy to stay, ofcourse inside he probably had desire but he's a sensible lad and knew it was around the corner, we all did, this is no means a surprise.

Parish knew that AWB will generate big cash...and that he can easily be replaced, we don't need a world class defender, we just need a defender that suits our needs, plenty of them to go about.

Attacking players however, on wilf's level, not so easy to attract - valued at 70 mil, if he was for sale right now, we would have no chance - never.

However, those two can give us 100 mil.

All clubs have to rebuild at some stage and it's totally obvious that we have been relying on different managers coming in, but using Wilf as the talisman.

We need to look to the next 5 year and think where do we want to be and this summer is perfect, with the money from those two, to push forward and cement ourselves as a midtable side.

Which is fine in theory however I donít think our Board can be trusted to invest the money on players. The latest rumour is Jenkinson is wanted by Palace as a makeweight in the Zaha deal...Jenkinson ffs!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 02 Jul 19 7.40am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Which is fine in theory however I donít think our Board can be trusted to invest the money on players. The latest rumour is Jenkinson is wanted by Palace as a makeweight in the Zaha deal...Jenkinson ffs!

He is now a free, so odds on our new right back

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 02 Jul 19 5.02pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Which is fine in theory however I donít think our Board can be trusted to invest the money on players. The latest rumour is Jenkinson is wanted by Palace as a makeweight in the Zaha deal...Jenkinson ffs!

I agree. Our problem is massively about who we can identify/buy/attract. All the money in the world doesn't solve that. In some respects it only makes it harder if all we do with the £££ is purchase over-paid donkeys.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 02 Jul 19 5.17pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Yeah, he's a Man U player....but people need time to talk through the implications and besides....his roots are with the club so of course we are going to refer to him.

The King is dead, long live the King and all that..!!

But IMO time to move on - this thread is dead, nothing constructive comes of mourning the past - time to look to the future..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 02 Jul 19 6.11pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

The acid test will be what we do with this money in the transfer market presuming it is used there. I'd definitely get a few decent scouts in as our recent transfer policy has been in the majority poor with a minor amount of exceptions.

 


ď [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns Ė there are things we do not know we don't know. Ē
óUnited States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 105 of 106 < 101 102 103 104 105 106 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic