You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan
June 21 2021 2.24am

Sadiq Khan

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 39 of 41 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 09 May 21 10.10pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by AuntyAnne70

And you're in Chatham and your point is?

He has affected my travel time to and from work by his stupid street network. Put at least half hour each way; in which time my diesel engine is running in traffic. What's your happy moment about him winning.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 09 May 21 10.16pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

He has affected my travel time to and from work by his stupid street network. Put at least half hour each way; in which time my diesel engine is running in traffic. What's your happy moment about him winning.

I believe Auntieís point was he won, get over it. Not necessarily whoopee do. But if you prefer misery then itís probably best you donít take her advice.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 09 May 21 10.20pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Says you in royal Tunbridge Wells
Ha ha

I am rather partial to Tunbridge Wells. A good thrash out on my old V twin, a clamber up High Rocks followed by a pint at the nearby Rock or Spotted Dog. Bliss.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AuntyAnne70's Profile AuntyAnne70 Flag Tunbridge WElls 09 May 21 10.37pm Send a Private Message to AuntyAnne70 Add AuntyAnne70 as a friend

Cryst, I mean no ill will about Sadiq Khan winning, if as a result it puts an hour on your travel time.

But some of the rhetoric against him , could be toned down a tad in my opinion, especially in some of these earlier ill informed threads.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 10 May 21 12.35am Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I believe Auntieís point was he won, get over it. Not necessarily whoopee do. But if you prefer misery then itís probably best you donít take her advice.

Now do Brexit !!

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 10 May 21 2.15pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

Now do Brexit !!

We have no choice in that.

It is noteworthy that Mr Khan only has three years, following which much of what he will have done could potentially get reversed without too much damage.

Let us hope Brexit is not as damaging as predicted, since turning back would be almost impossible.

In the meanwhile please feel free to be rude to Scottish and Northern Irish people as they will presumably soon be amongst those 'others' that are the rest of Europe.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 10 May 21 5.27pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by AuntyAnne70

He won, get over it!

Get over what? No one expected any other result in a minority White city.

Racism is alive and well in non-White demographics and this is demonstrated very clearly at the ballot box.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (10 May 2021 5.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 10 May 21 6.33pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

We have no choice in that.

It is noteworthy that Mr Khan only has three years, following which much of what he will have done could potentially get reversed without too much damage.

Let us hope Brexit is not as damaging as predicted, since turning back would be almost impossible.

In the meanwhile please feel free to be rude to Scottish and Northern Irish people as they will presumably soon be amongst those 'others' that are the rest of Europe.

Turning back yes, rejoining no.
Given decent terms which are positive for the majority will garner a positive response. Most people who voted leave never said forever. It was a shot across the bow to the EU. Most remainers have presumed its forever for some reason.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 May 21 7.00pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Turning back yes, rejoining no.
Given decent terms which are positive for the majority will garner a positive response. Most people who voted leave never said forever. It was a shot across the bow to the EU. Most remainers have presumed its forever for some reason.

There would have to be some cast iron guarantees not so much from the EU but our own Parliament. We joined a free trade block and agreement changes meant we ended up in a political union which had never been put to the people.

I don't trust these lying bar stewards politicians they'd probably try and pull the same trick again.

Any treaty changes would have to be approved by a referendum like Eire otherwise I don't care how tempting a deal with the EU is.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 10 May 21 7.21pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

There would have to be some cast iron guarantees not so much from the EU but our own Parliament. We joined a free trade block and agreement changes meant we ended up in a political union which had never been put to the people.

I don't trust these lying bar stewards politicians they'd probably try and pull the same trick again.

Any treaty changes would have to be approved by a referendum like Eire otherwise I don't care how tempting a deal with the EU is.

Defo but you proved the point about brexiteers not accepting its forever depending on future deals and arrangements. Gets right up remainers noses

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 10 May 21 7.52pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Get over what? No one expected any other result in a minority White city.

Racism is alive and well in non-White demographics and this is demonstrated very clearly at the ballot box.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (10 May 2021 5.28pm)

You realise the Tory candidate was black donít you?

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 10 May 21 8.42pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

You realise the Tory candidate was black donít you?

oh are you back on here calling everybody a racist again ? what a surprise.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 39 of 41 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sadiq Khan