You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Food hygiene scores of places near the ground
May 25 2019 3.06pm

Food hygiene scores of places near the ground

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

 

View jab1989's Profile jab1989 Flag London 17 Jan 19 2.36pm Send a Private Message to jab1989 Add jab1989 as a friend

Palace are bottom of the food hygiene table for the takeaways around the ground. I have eaten at most of these :-(

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 17 Jan 19 3.09pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

most eagles have a digestion that can eat carrion and not die.

its just as well.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Buckspalace's Profile Buckspalace Flag Thornborough 17 Jan 19 3.14pm Send a Private Message to Buckspalace Add Buckspalace as a friend

Cant beat a great Emeks kebab in Whitehorse Lane, obviously that wasn't taken into the scoring!.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 17 Jan 19 3.35pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by jab1989

Palace are bottom of the food hygiene table for the takeaways around the ground. I have eaten at most of these :-(

[Link]

If I read the table correctly the Club scored top marks for food Hygiene in the ground. That is the only thing they can control. We have been rightly castigated for failings at the training ground so we should give credit where credit is due.

It seems a bit of a pointless exercise to compare football clubs that do not control food outlets outside the ground.

Its just a headline grabber.

It would make more sense to compare food outlets by borough as it is the councils responsibility to enforce hygiene.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PALACE FOR EVER's Profile PALACE FOR EVER Flag London 17 Jan 19 7.24pm Send a Private Message to PALACE FOR EVER Add PALACE FOR EVER as a friend

Anyone eaten at Peri Peri Bites as it has a score of '0'?

[Link]

 


The pyramid to beat all pyramids!!

[Link]

Find out what team is in which division, eg which division is Coppull United in?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pierre's Profile Pierre Flag Purley 17 Jan 19 11.26pm Send a Private Message to Pierre Add Pierre as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Good job they don't! That would I am sure only make it look even worse.
There are already 21 establishments with a score of 1 or lower on the list.
Goodness only knows who trains the Morleys organisation in food hygiene-Harold Shipman?


If I read the table correctly the Club scored top marks for food Hygiene in the ground. That is the only thing they can control. We have been rightly castigated for failings at the training ground so we should give credit where credit is due.

It seems a bit of a pointless exercise to compare football clubs that do not control food outlets outside the ground.

Its just a headline grabber.

It would make more sense to compare food outlets by borough as it is the councils responsibility to enforce hygiene.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Jan 19 8.26am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

A couple of years ago every Morley's in SE London was given the lowest rating clearly a problem with staff training and management.

I am not sure how up to date this survey is but I am amazed Morley's hasn't been shut down.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pierre's Profile Pierre Flag Purley 18 Jan 19 8.32am Send a Private Message to Pierre Add Pierre as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

A couple of years ago every Morley's in SE London was given the lowest rating clearly a problem with staff training and management.

I am not sure how up to date this survey is but I am amazed Morley's hasn't been shut down.

There must be more than a few citizens of Croydon who have 'Morleys' on their death certificate! Perhaps even the Councils inspectors are frightened to visit and inspect them any more!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Jan 19 8.58am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Pierre

There must be more than a few citizens of Croydon who have 'Morleys' on their death certificate! Perhaps even the Councils inspectors are frightened to visit and inspect them any more!

That's why I said the survey should be done by council. In the news report it was broken down that way and Lewisham had a huge number of failing outlets (all types) which begs the question what was the local council doing?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View I'mPalace Till I Die's Profile I'mPalace Till I Die Flag 18 Jan 19 1.12pm Send a Private Message to I'mPalace Till I Die Add I'mPalace Till I Die as a friend

Surely the quality of the food as well as hygiene is important. You could have the cleanest of restaurants with cheap produce that tastes terrible. On a side note... despite the low rating, Morley's has good chips though

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe 18 Jan 19 2.00pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

This doesn't surprise me. I think fairly recently Croydon was highlighted as one of the worst places in London for food safety and hygiene. Probably partly related to the size of the borough and therefore the number of low scoring 'restaurants' increases significantly, but still. Thornton Heath and South Norwood aren't exactly known for their culinary prowess.

Tasty Jerk has been pumping a plume of admittedly delicious smelling smog out of its industrial sized chimney for years. It's arguably a Palace landmark, always visible relentlessly coughing away from the Upper Holmesdale. Shame it's rated 1/5 by the FSA (probably the average score for the area) otherwise I'd be in there like a shot...

 


said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View I'mPalace Till I Die's Profile I'mPalace Till I Die Flag 18 Jan 19 2.03pm Send a Private Message to I'mPalace Till I Die Add I'mPalace Till I Die as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

This doesn't surprise me. I think fairly recently Croydon was highlighted as one of the worst places in London for food safety and hygiene. Probably partly related to the size of the borough and therefore the number of low scoring 'restaurants' increases significantly, but still. Thornton Heath and South Norwood aren't exactly known for their culinary prowess.

Tasty Jerk has been pumping a plume of admittedly delicious smelling smog out of its industrial sized chimney for years. It's arguably a Palace landmark, always visible relentlessly coughing away from the Upper Holmesdale. Shame it's rated 1/5 by the FSA (probably the average score for the area) otherwise I'd be in there like a shot...


Oh the food in Tasty Jerk is realty good. Don't let the rating put you off I would say. Worth a risk haha

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Food hygiene scores of places near the ground