You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team for West Ham
May 21 2019 9.05pm

Team for West Ham

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Sayer's Profile Sayer Flag East Sussex 07 Feb 19 11.57am Send a Private Message to Sayer Add Sayer as a friend

My Choice if all available.....

Guaita

Bissaka. Tomkins. Sakho Pva

Luka. McArthur.
Townsend. Zaha
Michy
Benteke

Subs Speroni, Dann, Sako, Kouyate, Meyer, Schlupp, Ward

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 07 Feb 19 12.31pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Good team but out of interest why not start Meyer?

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Portuguese's Profile Portuguese Flag Porto 07 Feb 19 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Portuguese Add Portuguese as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Good team but out of interest why not start Meyer?

If I may who do you leave in the bench instead?...Just asking.

 


1905 Football Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 07 Feb 19 1.12pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by Sayer

My Choice if all available.....

Guaita

Bissaka. Tomkins. Sakho Pva

Luka. McArthur.
Townsend. Zaha
Michy
Benteke

Subs Speroni, Dann, Sako, Kouyate, Meyer, Schlupp, Ward

That is certainly our best 11 players man for man. Meyer hasn't done enough to replace any of the front six as of yet, and though I'd like to think he'll eclipse Jimmy Mac sooner or later, he'll need to toughen up physically, show more end product and demonstrate a lot more nous first. No easy task - Mac is a terrific player for us.

Otherwise, the only question is whether the formation is too bold. It's almost a front 4 isn't it? Personally I think Roy could make it work. He likes a 442, and so do I. Makes me nostalgic for the days of:

Martyn
Humphreys Thorn Young Shaw
McGoldrick Thomas Gray Salako
Wright Bright

So perhaps we are going back to the future?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 07 Feb 19 1.21pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

That is certainly our best 11 players man for man. Meyer hasn't done enough to replace any of the front six as of yet, and though I'd like to think he'll eclipse Jimmy Mac sooner or later, he'll need to toughen up physically, show more end product and demonstrate a lot more nous first. No easy task - Mac is a terrific player for us.

Otherwise, the only question is whether the formation is too bold. It's almost a front 4 isn't it? Personally I think Roy could make it work. He likes a 442, and so do I. Makes me nostalgic for the days of:

Martyn
Humphreys Thorn Young Shaw
McGoldrick Thomas Gray Salako
Wright Bright

So perhaps we are going back to the future?

Ah yes!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sayer's Profile Sayer Flag East Sussex 07 Feb 19 1.57pm Send a Private Message to Sayer Add Sayer as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

That is certainly our best 11 players man for man. Meyer hasn't done enough to replace any of the front six as of yet, and though I'd like to think he'll eclipse Jimmy Mac sooner or later, he'll need to toughen up physically, show more end product and demonstrate a lot more nous first. No easy task - Mac is a terrific player for us.

Otherwise, the only question is whether the formation is too bold. It's almost a front 4 isn't it? Personally I think Roy could make it work. He likes a 442, and so do I. Makes me nostalgic for the days of:

Martyn
Humphreys Thorn Young Shaw
McGoldrick Thomas Gray Salako
Wright Bright

So perhaps we are going back to the future?

Summed up perfectly, best way to defend is to attack just means wilf will have to put in a defensive shift like Townsend

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 07 Feb 19 2.35pm Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Ah yes!

Will we ever have a team as solid as that ever again? Hard to imagine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View roman eagle's Profile roman eagle Flag South London 07 Feb 19 3.18pm Send a Private Message to roman eagle Add roman eagle as a friend

Wow -that line up from the late 80s/early 90s brings back some great memories! What a great team that was and scarily physical too - we could stand up to any team. Sometimes I think our current team is way too soft - can you imagine what would would have happened to Ward-Prowse or Romeu in that Southampton game if we still had some of those characters around.

 


Audentis fortuna iuvat (Virgil, 19BC)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 07 Feb 19 3.25pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by roman eagle

Wow -that line up from the late 80s/early 90s brings back some great memories! What a great team that was and scarily physical too - we could stand up to any team. Sometimes I think our current team is way too soft - can you imagine what would would have happened to Ward-Prowse or Romeu in that Southampton game if we still had some of those characters around.

Nowadays the methods employed by the 1990 team would result in us down to nine men most weeks!

Youngsters should look online for the 1991 Zenith Data Systems Cup Final to see just how frightening (in every sense) that team were. We beat (and bashed up) Everton that day at a time when they were still considered one of the big teams. Four goals, Wright running riot, and bits of Martin Keown left all over Wembley!

Happy days.

Edited by TheBigToePunt (07 Feb 2019 3.26pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 07 Feb 19 4.22pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Meyer would struggle to get into the side in a 4-4-2 if Wilf and Andros are playing as there wouldn't be enough bite in the centre of the park. However if we play a 4-3-3 which in effect becomes a 4-5-1 when defending then I see no reason not to play him.

I do see the fact that Schlupp and Ayew have both played well recently as a plus rather than a shame that it keeps Meyer out of the side. Personally I think we will see a lot more of Meyer next season when he has had the chance to fully come to terms with the PL.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HeathMan's Profile HeathMan Flag Purley 07 Feb 19 4.49pm Send a Private Message to HeathMan Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add HeathMan as a friend

Originally posted by Sayer

My Choice if all available.....

Guaita

Bissaka. Tomkins. Sakho Pva

Luka. McArthur.
Townsend. Zaha
Michy
Benteke

Subs Speroni, Dann, Sako, Kouyate, Meyer, Schlupp, Ward

All tried and tested. Would like to see a couple of developing players on the bench or some of those not getting game time. Ten minutes if Roy is cautious; 30/40 if Roy wants to incentivise those players. COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View darkrazer's Profile darkrazer Flag Rochdale 07 Feb 19 5.09pm Send a Private Message to darkrazer Add darkrazer as a friend

at least Schlupp scores now and then

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Team for West Ham