You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Big Shout to Steve Parish
April 19 2019 11.53am

Big Shout to Steve Parish

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 08 Feb 19 1.22pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by johnmcormick8

I am very pleased with way he has run our club. He does his very best and those who moan we not this we're that yada yada yada. Should count themselves lucky to have not been around under Big Mal's first few seasons.

He only had about two-and-a-half seasons in total!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 08 Feb 19 1.27pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Yes, if only the manager can use his squad intelligently and be proactive. Also teach them not to give the ball away so often (PVA and Schlupp are especially guilty)
We are not very creative and that's why his reluctance to use Meyer is baffling, not to mention
his sometimes strange use of substitutions.


Originally posted by Petereagle

I think our squad has improved dramatically over the years. Huge money on Benteke hasnít paid off (yet) but Sakho ad Tomkins really good defensive additions not to mention Townsend, Luka, Schlupp, etc. Kouyate too and maaybe Mayer too. Roy has improved the squad tactically and players are tactically more adept

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 08 Feb 19 1.49pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

We finally have an adequate amount of strikers at the club, albeit 2 are on loan (1 of those is really a winger) and 1 is on a short term deal.

What we didnít do is replace Cabaye or RLC. Meyer brings a lot to the table but he is not a direct replacement for Cabaye, and we simply donít have a midfield player that brings what RLC did to the team.

This is the main reason we have struggled so far this year IMHO.

Parish deserves credit for getting the Batshuayi deal done for sure.

We finally have a good keeper, we have the best back four we have ever had, the strike force is getting there (we donít need a post michy loan hangover though). We need a player in midfield that Hodgson will actually play, who has a bit of creativity and is strong in the tackle. For an example see Cabaye, Yohan.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 09 Feb 19 11.22am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

It was made abundantly obvious at wolves away game who he loves more when Bright was sat in the middle of parrish and Susanna Reid! Akward!

Not at all, she is just a fan and girl friend, Bright is the club Ambassador and passes on his knowledge during games, Parish and Reid can do their kissing and cuddling and what ever else in private

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 09 Feb 19 1.35pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Not at all, she is just a fan and girl friend, Bright is the club Ambassador and passes on his knowledge during games, Parish and Reid can do their kissing and cuddling and what ever else in private

I wish he had done that right before we signed Sorloth.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 09 Feb 19 1.38pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

I wish he had done that right before we signed Sorloth.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 09 Feb 19 2.13pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

I wish he had done that right before we signed Sorloth.

He did. Before we sold Murray.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 09 Feb 19 7.18pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

I think we, after 6/7 years in the prem are close to finding that happy medium.. but it took 7 managers, expensive flops, dead wood to find it... almost at the expense of the league position.

This summer is crucial, we need (and nearly have) a strong foundation to build upon and progress - using the objective to reach 40 points in record time each year.

Bentekke and Wickham need to go, it just hasn't worked out and sentiment, second/third chances don't cut it in this league. Cut your losses and replace with something that does work. They will find work after CPFC and will find their level.

This season, zaha, right or wrong has been shrouded in negativity which has effected his game, stats don't lie. We remove him from equation, he can start fresh, we an start fresh - i feel he wants out which is also part of it.

Those 3 players out makes way for new signings we should be eyeing up now.

year later, AWB will be gone, good luck to him, thoroughly deserved and that money brings in two new players...

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Honey Gee's Profile Honey Gee Flag 09 Feb 19 9.57pm Send a Private Message to Honey Gee Add Honey Gee as a friend

Hear hear!

Letís appreciate what weíve got going on. Weíre never going to be a Wolves, Everton, Leicester, Watford but by god are we making the most of what we have.

There was an article recently (link on here?) about the current Premier League Chairmanís wealth and whilst Parish and I think it was the Burnley chairman who were cut well adrift from the rest, heís certainly doing what he can without mulit billionaire pockets to back it up like City, Chelsea and Wolves.

Ok he takes a couple of million in dividends a year but letís remember this is his main income, he wouldnít do it otherwise and not cash rich. Do we really begrudge him that?

Steve, hats off to you

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 09 Feb 19 10.43pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by Honey Gee

Hear hear!

Letís appreciate what weíve got going on. Weíre never going to be a Wolves, Everton, Leicester, Watford but by god are we making the most of what we have.

There was an article recently (link on here?) about the current Premier League Chairmanís wealth and whilst Parish and I think it was the Burnley chairman who were cut well adrift from the rest, heís certainly doing what he can without mulit billionaire pockets to back it up like City, Chelsea and Wolves.

Ok he takes a couple of million in dividends a year but letís remember this is his main income, he wouldnít do it otherwise and not cash rich. Do we really begrudge him that?

Steve, hats off to you

Why not?

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Flag Wantage 10 Feb 19 12.00am Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

I think we, after 6/7 years in the prem are close to finding that happy medium.. but it took 7 managers, expensive flops, dead wood to find it... almost at the expense of the league position.

This summer is crucial, we need (and nearly have) a strong foundation to build upon and progress - using the objective to reach 40 points in record time each year.

Bentekke and Wickham need to go, it just hasn't worked out and sentiment, second/third chances don't cut it in this league. Cut your losses and replace with something that does work. They will find work after CPFC and will find their level.

This season, zaha, right or wrong has been shrouded in negativity which has effected his game, stats don't lie. We remove him from equation, he can start fresh, we an start fresh - i feel he wants out which is also part of it.

Those 3 players out makes way for new signings we should be eyeing up now.

year later, AWB will be gone, good luck to him, thoroughly deserved and that money brings in two new players...

Agree with all of this. With all these progressive suggestions in mind, is Hodgson the right man to take us forward?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 10 Feb 19 1.18am Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

I think our squad has improved dramatically over the years. Huge money on Benteke hasnít paid off (yet) but Sakho ad Tomkins really good defensive additions not to mention Townsend, Luka, Schlupp, etc. Kouyate too and maaybe Mayer too. Roy has improved the squad tactically and players are tactically more adept

But it just puts into perspective what an amazing job Pulis did with what he had on hand. His side averaged 23% more points per game than Hodgson's has to date

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Big Shout to Steve Parish