You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > flybmi
May 21 2019 10.27pm

flybmi

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 16 Feb 19 7.09pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Gone broke.
Brexit helped!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 16 Feb 19 7.51pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Brexit helped!

I expect that if we lose tomorrow Roy will blame that on Brexit too

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Online Flag 16 Feb 19 8.18pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Gone broke.
Brexit helped!

How did help?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 16 Feb 19 8.34pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

The company, which employs 376 staff and operates more than 600 scheduled flights a week, announced that it had gone into administration. Earlier reports had suggested it was looking for further funding, but the company said the challenges created by Brexit had proved “insurmountable”.

A spokesperson for Flybmi said: “It is with a heavy heart that we have made this unavoidable announcement. The airline has faced several difficulties, including recent spikes in fuel and carbon costs, the latter arising from the EU’s recent decision to exclude UK airlines from full participation in the Emissions Trading Scheme. These issues have undermined efforts to move the airline into profit.

Only immediate revocation of article 50 can save us from this which is the tip of the brexit iceberg.

That is unlikely and would only limit the damage which may have already be done.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Online Flag Wantage 16 Feb 19 8.42pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Brexit is a ready excuse. The company statement actually specifically listed fuel and carbon offset costs, with nonspecific Brexit "uncertainty" shoe horned in as a deflection.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 16 Feb 19 8.45pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

How did help?

There are facts to back up their reasons.
I think the emmisiins trading helped to keep them just above the profit line.
Still never mind eh!
At least our carbon footprint will be lower so helping the really clever 6 year old kids going on strike about something they know f*** all about.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Online Flag 16 Feb 19 8.45pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

What is this brexit uncertainty?
Closing a buisness because your in certain?
Deserve to close in that case!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Online Flag Wantage 16 Feb 19 8.46pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

The company, which employs 376 staff and operates more than 600 scheduled flights a week, announced that it had gone into administration. Earlier reports had suggested it was looking for further funding, but the company said the challenges created by Brexit had proved “insurmountable”.

A spokesperson for Flybmi said: “It is with a heavy heart that we have made this unavoidable announcement. The airline has faced several difficulties, including recent spikes in fuel and carbon costs, the latter arising from the EU’s recent decision to exclude UK airlines from full participation in the Emissions Trading Scheme. These issues have undermined efforts to move the airline into profit.

Only immediate revocation of article 50 can save us from this which is the tip of the brexit iceberg.

That is unlikely and would only limit the damage which may have already be done.

And your conclusion is that the EU is something we should want to be a part of?

Corrupt and bullying. Statements like these only strengthen my resolve.

They bite the hand that feeds whilst remainers lick the boots of the whip cracker.

Hopefully May has blundered her way inadvertently to delivering a "no deal" Brexit. Good.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 16 Feb 19 8.47pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Brexit is a ready excuse. The company statement actually specifically listed fuel and carbon offset costs, with nonspecific Brexit "uncertainty" shoe horned in as a deflection.

Are you really a believer that brexit hasnt affected or will not affect any businesses.
Its just an easy scapegoat for them!
Wow

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Online Flag 16 Feb 19 8.47pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

What is this brexit uncertainty?
Closing a buisness because your in certain?
Deserve to close in that case!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Online Flag 16 Feb 19 8.48pm Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Are you really a believer that brexit hasnt affected or will not affect any businesses.
Its just an easy scapegoat for them!
Wow

May be you could explain what is un certain?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View ChrisGC's Profile ChrisGC Online Flag Wantage 16 Feb 19 8.51pm Send a Private Message to ChrisGC Add ChrisGC as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Are you really a believer that brexit hasnt affected or will not affect any businesses.
Its just an easy scapegoat for them!
Wow

As a business owner, yes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > flybmi