You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Jussie Smollett story
May 24 2019 12.41am

The Jussie Smollett story

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 20 Feb 19 4.34pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


He's the 'gay Tupac'.

Who the f*** is Tupac?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 20 Feb 19 4.35pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Who the f*** is Tupac?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 20 Feb 19 5.23pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

This is a classic example of how the left causes racism and division in our society.

A leftist Hollywood actor concocts a story that he was attacked for being black and gay with so many holes it's embarrassing.

The leftist media LAP IT UP because it fits with their narrative that the US is a deeply racist country, that's full of nazis, full of white supremacist Trump voters, and it's got even worse with him as president. Wrong.

This is how the fake news BBC have reported the whole bulls*** story as fact – despite incredibly sketchy/no evidence to corroborate his claims. You read the headlines and believe it's true, right? [Link]

We'll see if the BBC and Sky News write an amended story on how it was all a hoax and if it makes the home page!

Meanwhile, the Democrats have deleted their tweets of outrage on this so called 'racist' incident.

It also underlines how much 'hate crime' is often actually fabricated.

Let's hope this Smollett gets dropped by his employers and convicted for wasting police time. And forever be known as a racist.

Edited by Penge Eagle (20 Feb 2019 3.56pm)

How does one idiot getting his mates to beat him up show that hate crime is "often" fabricated?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 20 Feb 19 5.29pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

How does one idiot getting his mates to beat him up show that hate crime is "often" fabricated?

There are numerous other examples.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 20 Feb 19 5.56pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

There are numerous other examples.

[Link]

Have you opened your link? It's a list of 350 hate crimes and I can see UK, European and US references in there.

I just googled "hate crimes statistics" and there were over 94,000 in England and Wales alone in 2017/2018.

Even ignoring the fact that your link references multiple geographies and I'm comparing to England and Wales only, 0.3% does not quite match "hate crimes are often fabricated".

What this bloke has done is despicable, but to suggest that hate crime is some sort of left wing media fantasy based on one man's actions is ridiculous.


Edited by IMpalace (20 Feb 2019 6.00pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 20 Feb 19 6.23pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Have you opened your link? It's a list of 350 hate crimes and I can see UK, European and US references in there.

I just googled "hate crimes statistics" and there were over 94,000 in England and Wales alone in 2017/2018.

Even ignoring the fact that your link references multiple geographies and I'm comparing to England and Wales only, 0.3% does not quite match "hate crimes are often fabricated".

What this bloke has done is despicable, but to suggest that hate crime is some sort of left wing media fantasy based on one man's actions is ridiculous.

Edited by IMpalace (20 Feb 2019 6.00pm)

Sigh.

Ok, to be recorded as a 'hate crime' you don't need the 'hate crime' proven....So for one, the number of 'hate crimes' you have just referred to doesn't have the legitimacy you seem to give it.

Secondly, there is a significant difference between the 'hate' crime of verbally upsetting someone and violently physically attacking someone......Yet they are recorded the same way as one statistic.

Now, lets look at your claim that only 0.3 are fabricated (I'm fine with the different geographical nature of the stats because this is just a general point) The crimes that were investigated would take significant Police resources in investigating. So we can straight away ignore the majority of recorded 'hate crime' which is of an 'insult' or perception nature because they don't get an investigation. How many of those are fabricated? Or even are bad enough to really qualify? We don't know.

As only serious 'hate crime' is investigated to discover the culprit...How often do they reach a conclusion where they just don't know? Again, that's also unknown. We can safely say that the true stats on how many are fabricated isn't know.

However, we can say that hoax hate crimes are common because we have databases of these attacks kept by some forces and that you can see here.

You want to argue over the word, 'often' which to me is pedantic because it depends upon how you take the context of 'often'. Regardless when we measure the metric we find that the measurement isn't really knowable.

What we can definitely say is that we know that hoax hate crimes are a category of crime. It seems...at least to some.... to be more common than it once was.

Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Feb 2019 6.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 20 Feb 19 7.51pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Sigh.

Ok, to be recorded as a 'hate crime' you don't need the 'hate crime' proven....So for one, the number of 'hate crimes' you have just referred to doesn't have the legitimacy you seem to give it.

Secondly, there is a significant difference between the 'hate' crime of verbally upsetting someone and violently physically attacking someone......Yet they are recorded the same way as one statistic.

Now, lets look at your claim that only 0.3 are fabricated (I'm fine with the different geographical nature of the stats because this is just a general point) The crimes that were investigated would take significant Police resources in investigating. So we can straight away ignore the majority of recorded 'hate crime' which is of an 'insult' or perception nature because they don't get an investigation. How many of those are fabricated? Or even are bad enough to really qualify? We don't know.

As only serious 'hate crime' is investigated to discover the culprit...How often do they reach a conclusion where they just don't know? Again, that's also unknown. We can safely say that the true stats on how many are fabricated isn't know.

However, we can say that hoax hate crimes are common because we have databases of these attacks kept by some forces and that you can see here.

You want to argue over the word, 'often' which to me is pedantic because it depends upon how you take the context of 'often'. Regardless when we measure the metric we find that the measurement isn't really knowable.

What we can definitely say is that we know that hoax hate crimes are a category of crime. It seems...at least to some.... to be more common than it once was.

Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Feb 2019 6.28pm)


Right, so we've gone from, (in reference to a single hoax incident): "this underlines how much hate crime is often actually fabricated" which belittles it, implies it isn't a big deal and that loads of people are actually just making it up, to "what we do know is hoax hate crimes are a category of crime". Sterling, I 100% agree with you, they are a category of crime, it does exist and it's a despicable crime as it takes away from the very real hate crimes that happen.


Edited by IMpalace (20 Feb 2019 7.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 20 Feb 19 8.05pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

How does one idiot getting his mates to beat him up show that hate crime is "often" fabricated?

Remember that other high-profile fabricated story that had Justice Brett Kavanaugh accused of rape 30 years ago?

'19 ‘Hate Crimes’ in Trump Era That Were Hoaxes or Different Than Media Suggested' [Link]

There's more hate crime hoax stories since Trump was elected here: [Link]

'Watchdog Documents 50 Hate Crime Hoaxes on College Campuses' [Link]

'Fake hate crimes: a database of hate crime hoaxes in the USA' [Link]

How many fabrications do you think happen that are so minor that they don't even make the local media, let alone national press.

Ringing up and reporting a 'hate crime' even if you have no evidence counts towards the statistics. Mean Tweets also count.

'SOUTH Yorkshire Police told residents to report “non-crime” hate incidents sparking a furious reaction from thousands of bemused Twitter users.' [Link]

Edited by Penge Eagle (20 Feb 2019 8.17pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 20 Feb 19 9.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace


Right, so we've gone from, (in reference to a single hoax incident): "this underlines how much hate crime is often actually fabricated" which belittles it, implies it isn't a big deal and that loads of people are actually just making it up, to "what we do know is hoax hate crimes are a category of crime". Sterling, I 100% agree with you, they are a category of crime, it does exist and it's a despicable crime as it takes away from the very real hate crimes that happen.


Edited by IMpalace (20 Feb 2019 7.52pm)

In my view I don't recognise 'hate crime' as such. I recognise crime.

In fact the whole usage of the word, 'hate' is purely for the dim witted amongst us. I have an issue with using emotive words that are perception based. So yeah, strictly upon that basis I do belittle it.

Also, as I have stated, hoax crimes happen and it's seriously unlikely to be at anything like the low figure you suggested.

However, I don't belittle crime. I make no distinction between how seriously I treat someone getting bashed over the head over being gay or whatever to any other motive.

A nicked bike to a punch in the face to a house robbery....A crime is a crime.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 20 Feb 19 9.54pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

If I was attacked in the street, it's a crime.

If I was attacked in the street as gay or black man, it's a hate crime.

hmmmmm!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 20 Feb 19 10.14pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

If I was attacked in the street, it's a crime.

If I was attacked in the street as gay or black man, it's a hate crime.

hmmmmm!

No. If you were attacked in the street because you were black it’s a hate crime.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 20 Feb 19 10.43pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

No. If you were attacked in the street because you were black it’s a hate crime.

Who says so.
The victim.
The police.
The attacker.
I think even if it wasnt racially motivated; its goner be called so.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Jussie Smollett story